Lakers guard sued in civil suit

Los Angeles Lakers point guard Shannon Brown is being sued in civil court for an alleged sex-related incident with a woman in Denver, Brown's agent, Mark Bartelstein confirmed to ESPN's Shelley Smith on Sunday.

Bartelstein said the suit stems from an incident when Brown was playing for the Charlotte Bobcats, who played in Denver on Jan. 30. Brown was traded to the Lakers on Feb. 7. Bartelstein said that within 24-48 hours after the woman filed a police report, Denver police fully investigated her claims and "did not even pursue it. Prosecutors found nothing to pursue."

Bartelstein said the Bobcats were told immediately of the incident and team security staff conducted its own investigation and "came to the same conclusion." In addition, he said Brown also hired a private investigator to look into the woman's claims "to know all the facts."

"There was absolutely nothing to it," Bartelstein said. "I find it very interesting all of a sudden Shannon Brown has some success and someone decides to sue him civilly. People can draw their own conclusions. I stand by Shannon Brown. Everything Shannon has said to me as to what happened, the prosecutor verifies."

Bartelstein said he and Brown first learned of the civil suit when Brown was served papers in Denver on Friday as the Lakers closed out the Denver Nuggets in Game 6 of the Western Conference finals.

The Lakers were not told about the alleged incident during trade talks in February, Bartelstein said, because police never pursued it and they considered it a "non issue."

Lakers vice president of public relations John Black confirmed that papers were served and said the Lakers consider this a "private legal matter," and would not comment.

Brown averaged 3.2 points per game in 18 regular-season games with the Lakers. He added 1.1 rebounds per game and 0.6 assists. He shot 45.5 percent on field goals; 28.6 percent from the 3-point line.

In the playoffs, Brown has averaged 5.7 points per game with 1.3 rebounds and 0.7 assists.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4219580

Them Denver +!@% strike again..
smh.gif

wow....hopefully he doesn't let this affect his play. Taking too much of Kobe's advice I see

Originally Posted by SCOfoshO

wow....hopefully he doesn't let this affect his play. Taking too much of Kobe's advice I see
i wish people could read...

he wasnt playing for the lakers when this incident occured

It must be something about that elevation that got all them chicks head screwed up. If I were in the league, any of them, I wouldn't mess with a chick inthat state unless I knew her prior to making it big. Even then there would be some hesitation. Break out the PS3 or play cards that night.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Denver girls dont play
laugh.gif
This chick was probably on the Nuggets payroll...Karl needed some sort of revenge
laugh.gif
On another note, hope this doesn't affect Shannons effective play.

Back
Top Bottom