**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Read that Pincus article today and with that + Lakers letting go of Randle/Lopez, I'm convinced we're gunna see more of Lebron at the 5 than he's ever played in his career. Feel like Magic and Lebron agreed that that was the best way to utilize him going forward, which is amazing considering Lebron hated playing big positions in Miami and Cleveland.

I'm thinking they close each half with LBJ at the 5.

So....

Bron
Kuzma
Ingram
KCP
Ball

Lineup? (Or you can use Hart over KCP if you wish)

Actually, couldn't Hart step in for Ball in spurts, with Bron/Ingram, they can handle the ball enough, would add another shooter.

Read that Pincus article today and with that + Lakers letting go of Randle/Lopez, I'm convinced we're gunna see more of Lebron at the 5 than he's ever played in his career. Feel like Magic and Lebron agreed that that was the best way to utilize him going forward, which is amazing considering Lebron hated playing big positions in Miami and Cleveland.

I'm thinking they close each half with LBJ at the 5.

Last 5 minutes is probably applicable. Our very own death lineup.

Bron
Kuz
BI
Hart/KCP
Zo/Hart

So....

Bron
Kuzma
Ingram
KCP
Ball

Lineup? (Or you can use Hart over KCP if you wish)

Actually, couldn't Hart step in for Ball in spurts, with Bron/Ingram, they can handle the ball enough, would add another shooter.

It's gunna be so beautiful

I don't see Bron seriously playing the 5 in more than a handful of games.
That's just too much dirty work for him UNLESS he stays out of the paint to draw out the opposing team's big.

Offensively it definitely works. Defensively he's not dray or even randle. Hasn't been able to keep up with smaller/quicker players for years

I don't see Bron seriously playing the 5 in more than a handful of games.
That's just too much dirty work for him UNLESS he stays out of the paint to draw out the opposing team's big.

He's going to be at the 4, 90% of the time. I don't see the harm in 8 minutes a game at the 5.

Not even sure that's something he'd want to do at all... and especially when we're closing games how can he defend AD or Boogie?

Not even sure that's something he'd want to do at all... and especially when we're closing games how can he defend AD or Boogie?

Outside of AD there's nobody that can defend him on the other end either. Likely GS going to have Draymond at C anyway.

I know this probably nothing since KD + Bron have been working out/ friends for quite some time now
But Bron/KD and you can Clearly see Draymond are all in LA together

Bron recruiting KD already?

i dont want koala i want kd

Rough minutes estimate:

Zo (30) / Rondo (18 )
KCP (22) / Hart (26)
Ingram (30) / Lance (10) / KCP (8 )
Lebron (22) / Kuz (26)
McGee (16) / Zu (12) / Wagner (12) / Lebron (8 )

Totals:
30 minutes each for LeBron, BI, Zo & KCP.
26 minutes each for Kuz & Hart
Rondo for 18 & Lance for 10
Centers: 16 for McGee, 12 each for Zubac & Moe

I imagine McGee/Zu/Wagner's minutes will fluctuate the most and they'll probably roll with whoever is the best matchup on a given night or which ever player is feeling it the most.

Svi looks like he can break in and take some minutes from Lance but he's also good depth to use if/when someone gets hurt. He'll get minutes this season for sure.

Caruso is available if/when Rondo or Zo get hurt.

I'm not really that concerned with who's starting because that's damn near set in stone with Zo/KCP/BI/LBJ/McGee. The closing lineups are a lot more interesting. I could see them going with BI/Hart/KCP/Kuz/Bron to close games.

Last edited:
Lakers death lineup is FOOD :lol:

Lemme see the youngins play defense first

Zo & Hart are above average defenders already.
BI has the tools but needs to get better at predicting and anticipating. Kuz... idk. He's too slow to guard 3s and not strong enough to guard in the post. We'll see with him but he's also a mismatch for most other teams.

Lebron is playing more than 30 minutes :lol:

It's a rough estimate man let me live lol. You're right though, he's more likely to get 35 minutes a game. I'm sure he'll play his usual ridiculous minutes in the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom