**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Clarkson on d was very impressive...he got himself some quick hands

This.

Clarkson's D was solid last night

That said, I'm not getting my hopes up.

I just wanna seee the kids look like they're having fun out there... I'd be satisfied with 30 wins this year

Last edited:
randles legs look like they have their own brain and do whatever they want. dude looks so uncoordinated. need him gone for boogie.

I had my reservations about Luke & its only 1 game. But man when I hear him speak and see him on the sideline he is leeeeeeagues better at coaching than Byron!
And he hasn't even done all that much yet. But you can tell he has a certain calmness about him. I can't wait to see how he reacts when they go on a losing skid.
But so far I can start putting my faith in Luke just off the positive impact he is already having on the players. It shows in their movements on the court.

We prob won't crack 28 wins. But I think we may finally have a good captain for the ship.

I want to cry.

Shaq's signature on his jersey would be the greatest Lakers related gift I could ever receive. ****, man :smh: :frown:

I'm 20 per, 30 stupid posts per page is OD. :lol:

Preseason game 1 and we gotta have folks come in and break down expectations on teenage NBA'ers. That's ******* depressing. :smh:

What has happened to this fanbase?

Bless you SoHi for tryin to get in front of it, but this is as bad as when people flipped out over January losses to the Bobcats like we'd never win a game ever again. :lol:

Preseason, game 1. Well......maybe that's an improvement, it was summer league last year when some dudes were writing off DLo. :lol:

If Ingram doesn't win Finals MVP this year, we should trade him for Chris Bosh and some future draft picks. Let's set our sights high.

Man read my post I said I know I'm overreacting but my point was that it wasn't a reaction to yesterdays preseason game... its just a general concern I had about Ingram even predraft and before we even had the number 2 pick.

Let's not act like dude is guaranteed to be great so I was just voicing what concerns me about him.

Again though... I KNOW I'm bugging but Im just anxious man Ingram is key to this rebuild we need dude to pan out because who knows if we get another high pick again. :D

Last edited:
Finally watched the whole game. Jordan's defense was really good, didn't think he would improve that much in once summer. 3pt shot looks even better also, really happy with his game.

Brandon had a few defensive lapses but was very disruptive on that ends, causing multiple turnovers. Had some really good passes also. Once his shooting comes around he's going to be a problem.

D'lo gets the team into sets nicely but he's still too casual with the ball. We've been saying it for a while- he has to get more aggressive.

Deng and Mosgov will be great stabilizing forces on both ends.

No way Lou Will is starting. His only value is getting buckets off the bench.

I love Tarik and Nance.

Julius might be garbage.

Im totally fine with Calderon at the back up point.

Great to see Anthony brown knock down some shots.

Last edited:
randles legs look like they have their own brain and do whatever they want. dude looks so uncoordinated. need him gone for boogie.

I couldn't agree more. He still looks out of control, and still doesn't have a right hand.

Now people are agreeing with what I said LAST preseason: that Randle ain't the one.

So since people are starting to agree with that, naturally CP will come through about how shortsighted we are and how much potential Randle has and how "I mean, he was injured his WHOLE ROOKIE YEAR!! Jesus, guys! Talk about wanting instant gratification, spoiled brats."

laugh.gif

He doesn't need to be "the one"

DLo and Ingram are "the one(s)"

We need Randle to be LO/Horry/Fox/Fisher/Ariza like.

Where's the cheapest place to get tickets for tomorrow. Any input? I usually just buy off of stub 8 hours before

He doesn't need to be "the one"

DLo and Ingram are "the one(s)"

We need Randle to be LO/Horry/Fox/Fisher/Ariza like.
Exactly

Randle doesn't have to be an all star to be valuable to us.
Right, but all of those guys knew they were role players. They didn't need the ball in their hands to be successful. They did the dirty work and hit open shots. Randle does neither. He doesn't view himself as a role player, he thinks he's "the one" and that's the problem.

There's still time. I love his rebounding and court vision but I really just want him to set better screens, hit open shots and not worry about getting the ball so much.

Back
Top Bottom