**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

42e4j8o7h8511.jpg

I'll never forget Kawhi picking on Ben Mclemore.

Kawhi is one of the 5 greatest wing defenders in NBA history. I'd cry tears if he was on the Lakers man.

Is he though? The man wants a new employer what's wrong with that....he gave them a year's notice a chance to get a good return

He’s under contract though. Just because he wants a new employer doesn’t mean the Spurs have to accommodate his wishes if they don’t feel the potential deal is in their best interest.

If a player doesn’t want to be in that situation, perhaps signing 1 year deals to get the flexibility to move elsewhere easily is the best option.

That said. I hope the a Lakers land him, but the Spurs don’t owe Kawhi anything in terms of accomadating his demands.

He’s under contract though. Just because he wants a new employer doesn’t mean the Spurs have to accommodate his wishes if they don’t feel the potential deal is in their best interest.

If a player doesn’t want to be in that situation, perhaps signing 1 year deals to get the flexibility to move elsewhere easily is the best option.

That said. I hope the a Lakers land him, but the Spurs don’t owe Kawhi anything in terms of accomadating his demands.
It's not about owing them anything, it's if you want to get something for him now or let him go for nothing next year.

Holding him hostage for a year doesn't help the organization at all.

It doesn’t help them. But they don’t have to trade him just to trade him. If they get an offer they feel is worth it I’m sure they will trade him.

That Part especially after he basically quit on them and sat out the entire year...

They still don’t even know how he got hurt in the first place tbh

I want a wing in the draft, and there's a lot of prospects to choose from in the #25 range:

Donte DiVincenzo
Khyri Thomas
De'Anthony Melton
Bruce Brown
Josh Okogie
Melvin Frazier
Grayson Allen
Anfernee Simons
Jacob Evans

It doesn’t help them. But they don’t have to trade him just to trade him. If they get an offer they feel is worth it I’m sure they will trade him.
They will wait it out, they know if he traded to the Lakers a new super team is born..

Use Kawhi to win u some games then trade him once Feb comes and get what all u can get...

I want a wing in the draft, and there's a lot of prospects to choose from in the #25 range:

Donte DiVincenzo
Khyri Thomas
De'Anthony Melton
Bruce Brown
Josh Okogie
Melvin Frazier
Grayson Allen
Anfernee Simons
Jacob Evans
Simmons is legit I hope he’s selected

I dont see what other choice the spurs have than to deal with us... everyone and their grandma knows the situation.
Its just a waiting game to see if Pop will be petty or not. Also curious to see if there will be a team, stupid enough to lose assets for a player who has made it known he wont
sign an extension with anybody but us.

I dont see what other choice the spurs have than to deal with us... everyone and their grandma knows the situation.
Its just a waiting game to see if Pop will be petty or not. Also curious to see if there will be a team, stupid enough to lose assets for a player who has made it known he wont
sign an extension with anybody but us.
I’ll tell you what they can do

Let the lakers (hopefully) sign LeBron and PG. then the lakers will have no money left next summer to sign kawhi in FA. This will open door for other teams to feel more comfortable taking chance and offer more for kawhi

Alternatively, if PG signs max with OKC. LeBron might strong arm magic in giving up entire roster for kawhi as the only way he’ll sign here.

Win win for spurs.

I was hoping they would move next years pick for a 2nd. Next year is supposed to be weaker draft and the bulls look to be somewhat improved.

Great move.

Use 39 to go get that ball boy

Lol but on the real hope we use it to move up for huerter or zhaire Smith,

Back
Top Bottom