Lakers owner Jerry Buss suspended two games

www.nbcsports.com/portal/...mt=default

Quote:
Lakers owner Jerry Buss has been suspended for two games and fined $25,000 by NBA commissioner David Stern in conjunction with Buss' conviction on a misdemeanor drunk driving charge.

Buss was not at Staples Center when the Lakers opened their season with a 95-93 loss to the Houston Rockets on Tuesday. He will finish the suspension by missing Los Angeles' game in Phoenix on Friday night.

Buss, 74, was arrested in May in Carlsbad and pleaded no contest to the drunk driving charge on Sept. 4. He was placed on five years' probation and fined $1,900.

He also was ordered to take part in a first-conviction program and attend a program administered by Mothers Against Drunk Driving.

Buss said in a statement afterward, "I was wrong to do it. It was a mistake I will not make again."

Buss owns a home in San Diego County, where Carlsbad is located.

roll.gif
">
roll.gif
">
roll.gif
"> I've seen it allnow......
Air Jordan
1984-1993
1995-1998
2001-2003
"The best there ever was, the best there ever will be."

Hmmm...a member of the Lakers organization committing a crime. I haven't seen that before :rofl:
roll.gif
2007-2008 PHOENIX SUNS
PLANETORANGE
Nash-Marion-Stoudemire-Bell-Barbosa-Diaw-Hill-Banks-Skinner-Marks-Piatkowski-Tucker-Strawberry

:rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif
TEAM LAKERS1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002...

dude is an idiot :lol:
laugh.gif
TEAM DUNDER MIFFLIN: Scranton Branch
I'm always thinking one step ahead. Like a carpenter...who makes stairs.

Quote:
The 74-year-old Buss was taken into custody shortly before 1 a.m. after he drove his gold Mercedes-Benz station wagon the wrong way on a street in an unincorporated section of Carlsbad that has double yellow lines, California Highway Patrol officer Tom Kerns said. A 23-year-old woman :pimp:
pimp.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

DON'T PUT UP NO BRICK​
The B.O.P.​

How do you suspend an owner? :rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif

The Wizard of Oz​
13 Gold Gloves / 15 time All- Star / Hall of Famer​
The greatest defensive shortstop to ever play the game​

What the hell? :lol:
laugh.gif
The Iron Fist of Stern has officially gone mad...what the hell does suspending an owner do? :lol:
laugh.gif
:smh:
smh.gif
For Sale, sz 12: Jordans, AM 90's, Barkleys, Huaraches. Check the B/S 11/5+ forum.
"Sports Do Not Build Character, They Reveal It." - John Wooden
TEAM AM FAM

:smh:
smh.gif
Wanted: Size 13/14 Huarache Lights and rare Huarache Bursts​
TeamEagles
Winston Justice is a penis​

Damn dude was on my fantasy team too.
TEAM BEN GORDON
"...he got changed over his change a block off Ashland

That's two more games than the refs got.
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS
Anthony, Camby, Diawara, Iverson, Kleiza, Martin, Najera, Nen, Smith​

this is why i hate the NBA and NFL leaders..........ridiculous @#%$ fines for no good reason totally making zero sense. way out of line to suspend an owner.
TEAM JORGE CAMPOS
CAUTION: PUT YOUR STUNNA SHADES ON
TEAM XBOX360​
.:GAMERTAG= CincoSeisDos​

Dude should have gotten an 82 game suspension. SMH @ what us fans are putting up with lately.

Team Dodgers
55 . 59 . 63 . 65 . 81 . 88
TeamLakers​

I had to do a double take.

Suspending an owner? :lol:
laugh.gif
TEAMGIANTS|TEAMYANKEES|NYK...BASKETBALL
Team I Heart HarlemToTheBronx

Back
Top Bottom