Lance Stephenson charged......

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local...lincoln_high_school_hoops_phenom_lance_s.htmlhttp://www.nydailynews.co...hoops_phenom_lance_s.html

[h1]Lincoln High School hoops phenom Lance Stephenson charged with school grope[/h1]
BY DORIAN BLOCK
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Sunday, October 19th 2008, 1:25 AM

amd_stephenson.jpg
Noonan for News
Lance Stephenson

A highly recruited high school hoops star from Brooklyn was arrested earlier this month for sexually abusing a 17-year-old girl inside the school, police said.

Lance Stephenson, a 6-foot-5, 200-pound guard from Abraham Lincoln High School, the former school of NBA players Stephon Marbury and Sebastian Telfair, has been charged with a Class B misdemeanor.
[h4]SEE: YANKEES' JOBA CHAMBERLAIN ARRESTED ON DUI CHARGE[/h4]
Police said he groped a woman's breasts and buttocks over her clothing on Oct. 3 while inside the school at 2800 Ocean Parkway.

The woman reported the incident to police three days later, alleging that she kicked and punched Stephenson in response.

A man who answered the door Saturday night at Stephenson's Coney Island home said, "We ain't got nothing to say."

Stephenson, a high school senior, is being recruited by top Division I schools, including St. John's, USC, Memphis, North Carolina and Indiana.

Last month, St. John's rolled out the red carpet for Stephenson, a two-time defending Daily News Player of the Year, during a Midnight Madness event at Taffner Fieldhouse.

The top prospect got a front row seat with his mom and dad, Anthony Mason showed up at his side after an intrasquad scrimmage, and the crowd chanted his name.

He canceled an appearance at a recruiting event at the University of Kansas last week to compete in a tournament with his AAU Juice All-Star team.

In Stephenson's three years at Lincoln, the team has won three city championships and two Class AA crowns. Lance is a two-time defending Daily News Player of the Year. He helped Lincoln win the city championship every year he's been at the school. Last year, he was suspended for fighting with a teammate.

He has been ranked the No. 7 high school player in the country by ESPN and has his own online reality documentary site, BornReady.TV.

damn that sucks i was a big fan of his. i'm sure he'll still be recruited by those schools though. but i heard somewhere that he's most likelygoing to st.johns

I used to have faith this dude was gonna be a problem.
No denying his skills, but he's stupid. I don't even care anymore.

He's gonna go to St. John's and underachieve, try to make the L, fail, and be another bust.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

The woman reported the incident to police three days later, alleging that she kicked and punched Stephenson in response.

Hmmmmmm... Something doesn't smell right
85e25bd44e74c83954ea95035166cfe4d04856e.gif

hmmm 3 day later is a while after being felt up
grin.gif

This lance character does seem to be a problem (hate being coached
laugh.gif
)

i heard he's going overseas from someone i trust

it makes sense cuz lance is just a dumb guy, i doubt he wants to sit in classrooms anymore

SJU needs this bamma.

I don't care how much Norm and Father Harrington have to pay him.....GET HIM IN JAMAICA! This is EXACTLY the type of player the team needs for theirprogram.

I'd like to see him at SJU just because it'd make the Big East that much better. He is like the Brandon Jennings of the '09 class though in termsof being the most controversial player with arguably the most natural talent.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

I'd like to see him at SJU just because it'd make the Big East that much better. He is like the Brandon Jennings of the '09 class though in terms of being the most controversial player with arguably the most natural talent.
you can add sidney to that as well.
smh.gif
both going to europe, imo.

SJU def needs him. no denying that. 3 days later after getting felt up??? I dont believe it.

What isn't mentioned in the article and that no one knows is that did she report it to school officials? If she did, I wouldn't be surprised if theyignored it because the season starts in a month and they don't want to risk losing him for a couple games. He's an idiot anyway.

Back
Top Bottom