Laptop experts chime in plz

chicityk7

Banned
planning on purchasing a new laptop today & im just lookign for some input on what brands to stay away from &which are the best kind of laptop between the top brands(toshiba,hp, etc.)i plan on using it for online school,downlaoding & making cd's

my hp mother board is giving me the biggest probs so unless they have fixed them which i doubt hp i'd stay way from....

which is a shame cuz its a great laptop but not worth the major problem.

Asus, toshiba, dell, lenovo are all straight

I would stay away from HP and sony at all costs.

Mac if you're into that sorta thing, but that's preference. I don't own one so I'm not gonna talk about it.

yea my friend have a hp & it overheats like crazy hp is already off my list......

Top 4 brands of laptops you can get is Asus, Toshiba, Sony, Samsung.
How much you looking to spend?

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Whatever you do get an intel chip, preferably an i5 or even an i3.

Just got a dell with an i3 from Best Buy. Solid laptop.
pimp.gif

and get a good antivirus program. I recommend ESET NOD32

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

^^^
around $500-$600

I currently have a Toshiba and I would definitely recommend it. Harman/Kardon speakers on this are pretty good as well.

Originally Posted by Chicityk7

yea my friend have a hp & it overheats like crazy hp is already off my list......

tired.gif
 suffering from this problem now. Apparently my core gets up to temperatures of about 99 degrees C 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Apollo Greed

tired.gif
 suffering from this problem now. Apparently my core gets up to temperatures of about 99 degrees C 
laugh.gif

yea he had the laptop over my house last week before it crapped out & it had melted a full cup of ice & had my table to hot to touch

^^^
around $500-$600
You might need to spend more if you want a i3 or i5 processor, if not your looking at computers with Pentium cores.

^^^
around $500-$600
You might need to spend more if you want a i3 or i5 processor, if not your looking at computers with Pentium cores.

what does that mean? could you explain that? whats the difference between a i3 & i5 processorshould i ollk for laptops w/ pentium cors? whats the difference if it doesnt have a pentium core?

no dell no hp.

my friends xps is failing him miserably.

my ACER has never given me problems.

core i3 or i5

nothing less.

^^^
around $500-$600
You might need to spend more if you want a i3 or i5 processor, if not your looking at computers with Pentium cores. Core 2 duo procs.

^^^
around $500-$600

what does that mean? could you explain that? whats the difference between a i3 & i5 processorshould i ollk for laptops w/ pentium cors? whats the difference if it doesnt have a pentium core?
2gycadj.jpg

Go to intel.com for more info.

go to best buy and search this SKU # 9700741. 

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

^^^
around $500-$600
You might need to spend more if you want a i3 or i5 processor, if not your looking at computers with Pentium cores. Core 2 duo procs.
Thats if you can still find them and if you do there older discontinue models, currently now all manufactures are using i3, i5, i7. If they not they are using the alternative to lessen the price...AMD'S.

I would definitely avoid Dell at all costs. I didn't know HP had that many problems. I've always thought they were pretty good. Good luck with your purchase.

walmart emachine - 2.2 ghz Dual core T4400,3GB DDR3,250GB HD, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. - $298 + $59 = 3years warranty.

if your looking for cheap deal.

OP Here's a Asus least inexpensive intel i3 from a trusted brand i can think of
Its $629but compare it to any i3 sony, dell, or toshiba that cost over $800 it pretty much a good deal.

Asus

Compare Chart

OP Here's a Asus least inexpensive intel i3 from a trusted brand i can think of
Its $629but compare it to any i3 sony, dell, or toshiba that cost over $800 it pretty much a good deal.

Asus

Compare Chart
Cosign, although I'm not a fan of the native resolution. 1440x900 or bust on a laptop.

Keep an eye out on slickdeals.net. There are always good laptop deals posted almost daily.

Back
Top Bottom