LASIK eye surgery 4 eyes edition

Who here has had LASIK surgery? I'm thinking of adding the necessary funds to my HSA account and was just curious how it has worked for people??

Last edited:
I had it done a few years ago, goofed and chugged hella Redbull so on my second eye the suction cup came off during the incision cuz i was spazzing out and they had to stop the procedure on that eye. Came back a week later and had PRK on that eye (PRK is when they scrape off the top layer, re-shape your cornea, then let it heal naturally. it SUCKED). All in all I'm happy I did it since i went from glasses to contacts to glasses to contacts to LASIK. Tip, go in relaxed.

Had PRK back in 2005. Got it while in the military. One of the Greatest Gifts from the service. Still holding to my vision after all these years. Only complaint is that I get dry eyes very easily. Especially from drinking or just severe lack of hydration. But other than that it’s great.

My wife had it done. The moment she took off the dark goggles you wear after the procedure (to keep your eyes from seeing light while they heal) she started crying. But it was tears of joy. She said everything was in such perfect color and focus, like a photograph. She said it was beautiful and amazing! She's been thrilled ever since. Totally worth it she said.

I didn't wear glasses until I was in my late 20s.

Now in mid 30s and look like a bozo without glasses on now lol.

How confident were you guys once you lost your swag because I look good with glasses.

Feel like I'd be losing a part of my face without them.

Best money I’ve ever spent.

You’re good to go the next day except for some minor issues .

Mine was like $1500 but I don’t live in the USA.

I got it in 2012. I’ve had 20/15 vision ever since and it was the best investment I’ve ever made

procedure literally took less than 5 min total for both eyes
mine was 2900

Did it in december

one of the best things I’ve ever done, no regrets

less than 10 min to change my life

20/20, been wearing glasses since 13 years old

3400 i think was the total

i did look good in glasses but was already phasing out of wearing em by wearing contacts

Had PRK back in 2005. Got it while in the military. One of the Greatest Gifts from the service. Still holding to my vision after all these years. Only complaint is that I get dry eyes very easily. Especially from drinking or just severe lack of hydration. But other than that it’s great.

How are you on airplanes?

Best decision of my life

Edit: Got PRK (look it up) in 2010. Going strong a decade later. PRK >>> regular lasek imo.

Is it true you’re only allowed to do the procedure twice? Anyone ever had a 2nd procedure years later cause vision went bad again?

yaknow, when this came out like 15 or 20 years ago I said ¨I´m gonna wait 15 or 20 years, see what happens.¨

thank you for this information, NT.

I was considering getting trying to get this done years ago but I kept disqualifying myself because my eyes are so trash (already got dry eyes, astigmatism in both eyes).

Seeing this thread got me revisiting the idea. Maybe I should get a consultation to see if my eyes are actually too trash for this or not :lol:

One of the greatest feelings in the world was waking up after the procedure the next day and going outside and seeing the world in its beauty without any contacts or glasses. It was one of those moments i don’t think I’ll ever forget

I think I just sat outside for half an hour looking around

I was considering getting trying to get this done years ago but I kept disqualifying myself because my eyes are so trash (already got dry eyes, astigmatism in both eyes).

Seeing this thread got me revisiting the idea. Maybe I should get a consultation to see if my eyes are actually too trash for this or not :lol:
There are other options / different types of surgery if you aren't a good candidate for Lasik.

My eyes are pretty bad too and I have an astigmatism as well. Definitely want to see a doctor one day and what my treatment options are. Having to wear glasses or contacts all the time sucks a lot.

I also have astigmatism.

I heard even with the surgery, your vision will be bad again over time

I didn't wear glasses until I was in my late 20s.

Now in mid 30s and look like a bozo without glasses on now lol.

How confident were you guys once you lost your swag because I look good with glasses.

Feel like I'd be losing a part of my face without them.

just wear it without the prescription.

I also have astigmatism.

I heard even with the surgery, your vision will be bad again over time
it's more like your eyes are renewed. no one beats father time. when everyone gets older, their eyes will worsen. lasik just buys you valuable time to have good eyesight without glasses or contacts. in my life this has been invaluable.
also i had astigmatism as well...they got that covered.
one thing i will say is that it made my eyes more sensitive to light so sunglasses are a must. especially in houston

Said it in another thread but my friend got Lasik years ago and it wasn't perfect since he had some blurry vision at night and said he had trouble reading street signs when driving. His eyesight went bad again and went back to wearing glasses. I have read they do recommend you getting the procedure in your 30s or older since your vision won't change much after.

Back
Top Bottom