Perfect Album 10/10

Heard Em Say
Crack Music
Roses
We Major
Hey Mama
Celebration
Gone

Last week I listened to both of these albums in their entirety after several years of not listening to them. Both of these albums are completely different  and Have their on strengths. TCDO is soulful and emotionally vulerable. LR was Ye at the height of his popularity at that time and his most lyric. LR had a mopre new age sound(TCDO was very late 70s and early 80s). Jon Brion
sick.gif

Late Registration...and its not even close to me...

College Dropout seems like childs play compared to Late Registration...

For me PERSONALLY "College Dropout" was the better LP (if that's what you're asking OP).I just couldn't get into "Late Registration" for some reason (besides a FEW songs).

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

For me PERSONALLY "College Dropout" was the better LP (if that's what you're asking OP).I just couldn't get into "Late Registration" for some reason (besides a FEW songs).

I was like that then suddenly it became my autobiography
laugh.gif

Personally, I'll choose LR over CD.

On LR, Kanye brings it lyrically, I like the features, Love the beats, like the lack of skits compared to CD.

LR = My favorite 'Ye album.

Originally Posted by Dapper D

Late Registration...and its not even close to me...

College Dropout seems like childs play compared to Late Registration...

Never understood why people say CD was a classic..4 one there was too many skits..and who really listens to Workout Plan..A good *#@ album don't get me wrong..but not classical status

Originally Posted by sparklecity SC

Never understood why people say CD was a classic..4 one there was too many skits..and who really listens to Workout Plan..A good *#@ album don't get me wrong..but not classical status

Well skits are fine as long as they fit the album which is exactly what those skits did. And workout plan was very entertaining.

On late registration, it seemed like he tried too hard. I understand that he wanted to try something new, but if it ain't broke don't fix it. LR was wack to me. I'll say it again, LR was wack to me. it seemed like he had a bigger budget, so wanted to get fancier and more complex. No. That's not what you're good at. CD was basically flawless. IMO, he's best at making soulful music. Plus son was still hungry on CD. Ye has gotten worse and worse every album. And yes, Graduation was wack also. i didn't even bother to listen to 808s.

LR (as an album) didnt have any replay value to me, and I still play CD to this day....not even comparable in my eyes.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

On late registration, it seemed like he tried too hard. I understand that he wanted to try something new, but if it ain't broke don't fix it. LR was wack to me. I'll say it again, LR was wack to me. it seemed like he had a bigger budget, so wanted to get fancier and more complex. No. That's not what you're good at. CD was basically flawless. IMO, he's best at making soulful music. Plus son was still hungry on CD. Ye has gotten worse and worse every album. And yes, Graduation was wack also. i didn't even bother to listen to 808s.
Yea Graduation(8/10) was a little to bragadocious but 808s is a great album(8.5/10) but LR IMO was perfect but just takes a while to fully appreciate. 

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

agree to the fullest

I literally cannot choose. I feel that Ye was spitting real *$$# on College Dropout (Spaceship, Family Business, Jesus Walks, All Falls Down). But the production on Late Registration was out of this world (We Major, Heard Em Say, Touch The Sky).

Both of them are classics. Graduation is not even close to the level of these two.

Originally Posted by sparklecity SC

word...
I mean I understand being a classic based on the impact left...but not musically...

I mean there are some all time classic songs on this (Family Business, Spaceship, Through thw Wire, 2 words)...

But their is some wack !### (Workout plan, Breath in Breath Out)

Some songs that are just average (school Spirt, Get'em High, Jesus Walks (song is corny to me))

and millions of Skits...I mean what kind of album has a skit after a skit
laugh.gif

I could listen to everything on LR (wit the exception of Crack Muzik and people like that song)

how can some of you even begin to say that LR is whack when we got waka flaka in heavy radio rotation. Kanye is as good as mainstream gets.

Late Registration was the best rapping and producing he's ever done. Its almost perfect.

College Dropout may flow better as an entire album and some of the songs are going to be with us forever. However Kanye wasn't as sharp on the mic...Still a great first album done properly.

depends on the mood...sometimes i'll prefer CD or LR...but then i see myself listenin to 808's and Graduation just as much...all great albums

College Dropout was epic, as good of an album as Late Registration was it was a let-down following College Dropout to me.

Originally Posted by ninob1213

how can some of you even begin to say that LR is whack when we got waka flaka in heavy radio rotation. Kanye is as good as mainstream gets.

now was that needed...keep the thread on track

Back
Top Bottom