Latino/hispanic discussion thread Vol Saludos.

heading up nyc this weekend, what are the “it dominican spots “to avoid lol , any low key dope spots yall recommend those from nyc off course any dope brunch spots

Nah, these parents ARE speaking Spanish in the home. (According to the Kids)

Could be that they aren't comfortable speaking Spanish outside of the home. I know I used to hate speaking Spanish to non-relatives. Also, I can't speak for other countries, but Dominicans look down on other Dominicans who can't speak Spanish at a certain level. If you're a US born Dominican, odds are your Spanish isn't perfect and other Dominicans will pick it apart when they hear you speaking. Dominicans get mad if you don't speak it and mad if you don't speak it well enough. But then they want to come to America talking like Pio and expect you to accept them with open arms.

On the topic of Spanish kids not speaking Spanish. When I was young I only spoke Spanish but, then I moved to South Jersey aka(suburbia) and back then they didn’t have bilingual classes that teach you in Spanish and incorporate English into it so I was forced to learn English. My mom didn’t speak English. My dad spoke both, but he was never home since he was a truck diver. So I taught myself. Gradually with no one to speak Spanish to because, there wasn’t that many Spanish speaking Latinos in my town my age in school and my mom wanting to learn English and having me speak to her in English I lost my ability to speak fluent Spanish because I had no one to talk to. I could still read,write and understand fluently, but had trouble speaking at times. Only recent with the sudden influx of Ricans from PR and Dominicans from NY down here have I’ve been able to start improving to the level that I was before. Before this the only way I could sound like a hick was when I was drunk lmaoo. For some reason when I’m drunk I sound like I’m straight from the island.

Could be that they aren't comfortable speaking Spanish outside of the home. I know I used to hate speaking Spanish to non-relatives. Also, I can't speak for other countries, but Dominicans look down on other Dominicans who can't speak Spanish at a certain level. If you're a US born Dominican, odds are your Spanish isn't perfect and other Dominicans will pick it apart when they hear you speaking. Dominicans get mad if you don't speak it and mad if you don't speak it well enough. But then they want to come to America talking like Pio and expect you to accept them with open arms.

This ^ right here

I’m Salvadoran too. But he should treat me to that lol.
B34BA268-1592-4BCF-A588-D6F597A83E40.gif

Lol Bad Bunny is fire. Hits after hits. His whole last album was nice. He got his own flow.

I feel like people just hate anything that is popular. Just like when 50 was big back in the day.

My Spanish be weak sometimes from moving away from NYC.

Nah, these parents ARE speaking Spanish in the home. (According to the Kids)

they're lying to you.

news flash folks, if you can understand when people speak Spanish to you that means you can also speak Spanish. problem is americanized Latinos that don't have 100% grasp of language feel embarrassed to speak out in public thus ******ing their future acclimation and mastery of language.

When my family immigrated to Canada they didn't want me and my siblings speaking any other languages except English. I come from a mixed family so we had issues when we would go out and they would see an Afro-Latino and a white woman with mixed kids out that didn't speak English. We all learned English to the point where we don't even have any kind of accent growing up. My parents were just trying to protect us from issues they thought we would have if we didn't learn the English language properly. Eventually, I started re-learning how to speak Spanish in my late teens but so it's definitely not perfect. I can read, write and speak but people can tell it's not my "native" tongue. Don't even care though because I always get an awesome/shocked reaction when I start speaking in Spanish to someone that isn't expecting it :lol::pimp:

I never understood why people get upset at people that are from Spanish speaking countries but don't speak perfectly. Every family had different reasons and circumstances in their households growing up.

Ninja,

Wassup with some of my students not being able to speak Spanish? They grew up in households with Spanish speaking parents and are now 14 years old and can't SPEAK the language

I have a 1/2 brother who doesn't speak. I do.

Different moms. Same dad.

My maternal grandmother didn't speak English. His does. She was in the US longer.

That's the difference maker.

Both Parents From Mexico Oaxaca to be exact.

where the Skonkas at lol
:lol: You from CA?

I’ve only heard skonkas used out here.

EDIT: c flyness c flyness please don’t use this thread as an excuse to spam your musical proclivities. This thread can and should be more than that. I’m not saying don’t share some dope music if you have it but don’t make it only about that.

EDIT: c flyness c flyness please don’t use this thread as an excuse to spam your musical proclivities. This thread can and should be more than that. I’m not saying don’t share some dope music if you have it but don’t make it only about that.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like that music but at some point it feels like straight spam

but Dominicans look down on other Dominicans who can't speak Spanish at a certain level. If you're a US born Dominican, odds are your Spanish isn't perfect and other Dominicans will pick it apart when they hear you speaking

you gotta fight thru it...its like basketball, people gonna leave you WIDE open if they know you can't shoot a jump shot...

folks appreciate when you try and get better vs not try and lose da language for yourself and kids forever. My Barber jokes to my mom that he's really da one that taught me Spanish :lol: :smh: i let him rib me because its constructive to get teased on something you wanna get better at... incentives include a more broader spectrum at music & culture, and another tool at baggin fresh of da boat broads.

Back
Top Bottom