Latino/hispanic discussion thread Vol Saludos.

didnt realize there wasn't one... PR parade just passed, Romeo Santo @ met life in September... La marina still hasn't reopened... Bronx DR parade looming... dimelo.

Mana at the forum in September.
Cinco de mayo just passed
Bad Bunny and J Balvin at Papas & Beer in Rosarito in August

Was going to head to nyc for pr parade..then realized la marina was shutdown :smh: decided not to go..

I was seriously just thinking of making this thread last week. :lol: :pimp:

Salvi & Guatemalteco descendant checking in.

A la gran puchica!

Bad Bunny is garbage.
Agreed but what his music does to these ladies.
24F35025-983B-43FA-AB0F-B8588D1D9E73.png

ninjahood ninjahood what some nice latin clubs to hit in nyc? When I think nyc I only think la marina and strip clubs lol. Havent gone in yearss.

If im lit and listening to some reggaeton I would much rather put some annuel than bad bunny. Even tho he does use some words a lot in his tracks.. gets me activated and makes me throw some crazy flow to them latin yambs.

I’m a native New Yorker whose parents emigrated from DR. I love mangu and I hate going Uptown or the Bronx, I prefer Queens all day. Tell people you’re Dominican and from NYC and they automatically think Dyckman and the Yankees. Nope, Yanks son mamaguevos. Shouts to Malecon.

Ninja,

Wassup with some of my students not being able to speak Spanish? They grew up in households with Spanish speaking parents and are now 14 years old and can't SPEAK the language

Ninja,

Wassup with some of my students not being able to speak Spanish? They grew up in households with Spanish speaking parents and are now 14 years old and can't SPEAK the language
Multitude of reasons.

Parents didn’t enforce it enough to the point that either they didn’t learn it at all or they weren’t corrected enough as children so now they speak broken Spanish or Spanglish.

Kids could have grown up speaking it but once they entered the school system, they were forced to adapt to the predominant language from either the want/need to fit in or bullying.

And last but not least, low IQ’s prevented them from ever learning.

My Spanish isn’t perfect because I fall into the first category I listed in that I don’t think my mom corrected me enough as a child but I know enough to where I flourish on the bilingual tip. :pimp:

EDIT: Forgot to throw in kids who didn’t grow up as first-gen American Latinos. The language could have been lost to them before they ever got a chance to learn it. Previous generations could have immigrated during a more xenophobic time where you HAD to adapt due to racism and those people probably raised their children as “white-washed” so they didn’t endure what they did coming into this country.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom