Latino/hispanic discussion thread Vol Saludos.

Telemundo's Latin AMAs 2019
Thursday, Oct. 17 8 p.m.
Daddy Yankee, Ozuna, Wisin & Yandel, Bad Bunny,
J Balvin, Maluma, Farruko, Anuel AA, Karol G,
Darell and many more...

Last edited:
Akon's highly anticipated full-length Spanish album 'El Negreeto' is set to be released on October 4.

Reggaeton has Afro-Latino musicians (Tego Calderon, Don Omar, Yaviah, Mackie, Divino, Lito, DJ Joe, Randy, DJ Urba & Rome, Luny Tunes, Ozuna, Myke Towers, etc.) so whenever I see ignorant posts like they're taking our drip/African rhythms. I just gotta laugh at the ignorance. Those musicians themselves don't deny their African roots.

Dudes really want to discredit the Reggaeton producers, the rhythms could come from Africa/Jamaica but these Reggaeton producers have giving it their own twist, fusing other sounds/genres with the rhythms and that's what makes it a ''distinctive'' genre in its own right.

Whenever you see a Reggaeton musician dressing with Gucci, LV, Versace, Fendi, Polo, Tommy Hilfiger, etc. just remember those brands were created by the European/White folks, the minorities are just consumers.

What people fail to realize is that we influence eachother. Yall see the Rap references of Scarface ''Tony Montana'', Pablo Escobar, Manuel Noriega, El Chapo... non-Latinos talking & singing in Spanish, etc. etc. etc.

Last edited:
Reggaeton has Afro-Latino musicians (Tego Calderon, Don Omar, Yaviah, Mackie, Divino, Lito, DJ Joe, Randy, DJ Urba & Rome, Luny Tunes, Ozuna, Myke Towers, etc.) so whenever I see ignorant posts like they're taking our drip/African rhythms. I just gotta laugh at the ignorance. Those
I can't see the ig pages you linked but..
its not really taking/stealing when its a part of the background/who you are.
its embedded in the culture. the problem is you have ppl that are ignorant and lack knowledge of self.

if tego is stealing then anybody else thats black or mixed with black outside of the continent of Africa doing music with call and response, using certain rhythms and drums, etc. would be stealing.
its not stealing. its channeling back. we are a diaspora so it is what it is. its just a part of the diaspora in general. its who we all are.

its offensive for anybody to even suggest otherwise. my prob is when they push other ppl in the forefront over ppl because they feel like they can market them better because of skin color. that's a prob.

Telemundo's Latin AMAs 2019
Thursday, Oct. 17 8 p.m.
Daddy Yankee, Ozuna, Wisin & Yandel, Bad Bunny,
J Balvin, Maluma, Farruko, Anuel AA, Karol G,
Darell and many more...

I really hope j balvin isn’t performing at these AMA’s since he has a show the same night in San Jose so if he does make an appearance, hopefully doesn’t mean concert starts late lol

Back
Top Bottom