Lauryn Hill ~ To Zion: My Joy My Joy My Joy Myyyyyyyyyyyyyy Joy!!!!!

Everything about this track is just ... just... just.. I can't even put it into words...
tired.gif
pimp.gif

I miss this lady's music
embarassed.gif

This IS and will FOREVER be my favorite song. Even today after thousands and thousands of plays it stillsends chills down my spine each and every time I listen.

who hasn't turned this all the way up and thought they were Lauren? my mom would yell at me to turn it down...

The Miseducation is the epitome of perfection...

i'll never get tired listening to it...

Now yall N's know how I get when it comes to discussing L.Boogie
laugh.gif
1. LAURYN not Lauren 2. This is the one of the greatest albums I personally have inmy CD collection (top 3 at least). 3. She's a genius. And this song is genius. But she's such a genius that she's crazy
frown.gif
4. Zeus23... shut up.Your post had no relevance.

Iiight finally got the edit right... Good looks Mr. Vines

I've honestly played this track repeatedly since I've made this post, only stopping to play the Bobby V. feat Wayne ~ Smile that My Guy Sos sent me forthe 1st time... THEN RIGHT BACK TO ZION....

Its just one of those songs that I just get caught up in, you can really hear her conviction and it just takes me places just like My G Haze said
pimp.gif

Oh man, her whole album, to me, is still on a whole other level. This is whats missing in todays music.

i just had this track going on my ipod the other day walking through campus.
i felt like i was in my own world.
amazing track.

My favourite album of all time.

I'll probably even love this song more when I get kids.

Originally Posted by Blai213

I'll probably even love this song more when I get kids.
I was thinking this exact statement last night
smh.gif
embarassed.gif
pimp.gif

How beautiful if nothing more
Than to wait at Zion's door
I've never been in love like this before
Now let me pray to keep you from
The pains that will surely come
See life for you my prince has just begun

embarassed.gif
pimp.gif

I have been a fan of her for a long time but I was reading up a little more on her after this thread and I never knew that she was in a relationship\married toa Marley. Rohan Marley to be exact, who was one of Bob's sons.

Apparently this song is about her oldest son who is actually named Zion. Zion David Hill-Marley

L-Boogie Come Back.
ohwell.gif

one of my favorite CD's ever from the best female MC of all time

Lauryn saying "yo" > MOST EVERYTHING ATM

and yes this song is piff

for some reason i always skip this track whenever i listen to the album. i dont know why it's a nice track
but i guess it just a little too personal for my listening pleasures

Back
Top Bottom