Law Students, prospective students, drop outs: Strategies for logic games?

I know there a lot of law posts floating around NT these days. I actually searched to see if a post had already been made like the one I'm making now.

I've going to take the LSAT this October or December. I've got some decent study materials, and I'm not doing bad at all on the practice test.

However, these logic games are kicking my !!$. If I stare at them long enough, and scribble enough, I eventually figure most of them out. Yet, the LSAT is atimed test, and unless I find some efficient strategies, I'm going to be toast.

So I was hoping that some of you all could drop a few jewels and explain your approach to the logic games.

Were they easy for you from the beginning on? Did you all have trouble with them? If so, what did you do to help navigate through the difficulties?

Any help is appreciated.

Interesting....thinking about going to law school after undergrad....can anyone offer advice or experience?

practice practice practice. the key is to go through them and eventually figure out which one r the easiest ones and do them first. also it helps to diagrameverything. i remember i did alot of stuff in my head, its kinda like math in ur head in a way, as u must remember different variances in the questions. Logicgames were my best section cus of that.
reading comp on the other hand....... fml

practice broham..i got a 158 back in december..im aiming for a 160+..the key is practicing actual tests..take 30-40 practice tests..use the study bibles and ugot it. i gotta get my recommendations together this summer too
aye i am knowledge hit me on aim g angryjay07

Originally Posted by JDashR

practice practice practice. the key is to go through them and eventually figure out which one r the easiest ones and do them first. also it helps to diagram everything. i remember i did alot of stuff in my head, its kinda like math in ur head in a way, as u must remember different variances in the questions. Logic games were my best section cus of that.
reading comp on the other hand....... fml

This. Also, I HIGHLY recommend the Powerscore LSAT Logic Games Bible - after going through this book and adopting their system my practice scores shot up.Practice under timed conditions. It's easy to solve each problem with an unlimited time limit. Get to the point where you can recognize the type of game,isolate the most important rules, and diagram in a matter of 2-3 minutes.

folder list:

logicgamesbible
logicreasoningbible
36 Official LSAT Tests
10ActualTests
10moreActual
39-45
study stategies
Test Explanations
TheNext10
Test Instruction

link:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/69owpo

I'll take it down if i have to...usually post this every LSAT/law school post

enjoy

great thing about logic games is they count the least of all the sections. logical reasoning is the most important followed by reading comp. im not saying dontworry about games at all, but if you are not awesome at them you dont have to worry that much and can just focus on improving your reasoning and comp scoreswhich are much easier to improve. ill tell you one thing though. WHEN IT COMES TO LOGIC GAMES YOU ARE 100x BETTER OFF GETTING AS MANY RIGHT AS YOU CAN IN 3QUESTIONS THEN RUSHING TO ANSWER ALL 4 QUESTIONS AND MISSING MORE.

im gonna check these out just cuz i have a feeling ill like em, not cuz i wanna be a lawyer

usually im really good at mindFs

Originally Posted by dendanskesimon

im gonna check these out just cuz i have a feeling ill like em, not cuz i wanna be a lawyer

usually im really good at mindFs

You sound like me. I took a practice test for fun with Kaplan and got a 165. Logic games were my favorite part.

But I know somebody that's taking the test and he swears by those LSAT bible books. Somebody already mentioned them. But I'm not sure how qualified Iam to give any kind of advice. I have no intentions of going to law school.

i'm going to be graduating undergrad next year, and i've just started to consider law school. any advice or recommendations on the application process?any particular pre-requisite courses i need to take?

I'm thinking of registering for the September 26 test. I bought about 5 books from some dude off of craigslist brand new for $120 (he paid around $250+ forthem)

Should I read the Logical Reasoning and Logic Games books back-to-front? I'm not sure reading 500+ pgs of the Logical Reasoning Bible will be thatbeneficial to my test scores.

Also, if I start studying in June, do you think I'll be prepared enough by the end of September?

I dont think that this test is THAT hard...I think the two problems are motivating one's self to study for the test and the timed element of the test.

I'm about to start my 3rd year of college in the fall and I want to get started on studying for the LSAT. Would taking the exam next summer be too late ifI plan on applying to schools fall 2010? Also, what tips do you vets have for a noob trying to get started. There's so much material out there and I feeloverwhelmed. I don't even know where to begin.

Originally Posted by Wooly Willy

I'm about to start my 3rd year of college in the fall and I want to get started on studying for the LSAT. Would taking the exam next summer be too late if I plan on applying to schools fall 2010? Also, what tips do you vets have for a noob trying to get started. There's so much material out there and I feel overwhelmed. I don't even know where to begin.

So you're planning to take the June 2010 LSAT for the Fall 2010 application season? That's right on track man. If you really bomb it, you've gotanother shot in October (I put all my eggs in one basket and only took the Oct test).

As for tips, focus on your grades next semester, no need to start studying for the LSAT yet. Get that GPA up as high as you can. I started to study about 5months out, narrowed my list of potential schools after I could somewhat gauge my score and GPA, and put in apps beginning in early Nov. Give yourself enoughtime to draft, redraft, and get help on your personal statement, optional essays, and resume. Take into account whether or not you want to go EarlyAction/Early Decision.

I AM KNOWLEDGE I wish you the best brova. I still got that article you sent me from way back.

Back
Top Bottom