Lawd take me now!! I'm beginning to thin. HELP

Acorn_Body.png

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'd suggest using only very cold water on your hair and scalp. No shampoo/conditioner. I use natural soap like maybe 1-2x a week on my hair (after hooping usually). This allows the natural oils in your hair to do their work.

I'd also take a look at your diet and exercise routine. Too much testerone in too short of a time also may have something to do with it. Possibly just anecdotal evidence.

I've reversed my hair thinning doing the above and others have to (according to google).

25 to 26 I started thinning.
27 to 29 has seen a noticeable reversal.

Take it how u will.

Genetics may always win, but no need to give it a running start by treating your hair and scalp poorly.

Repped.

roll.gif
 Thread is approaching epic status with Lebron and Jaime Foxx making their usual entrance.  For the OP if serious about stopping or reversing the balding process go see a board certified dermatologist asap.  If you rely on the internet or some of these snake oil salesmen online and on tv, you will be out a lot of money and most of these remedies do not work.  There are only a few treatments available for male pattern baldness:

1. Ask your dermatologist if Propecia (Finasteride) is safe for you to take.  The dose is 1mg daily and the is the only oral medication approved by the FDA in double blind/ placebo controlled/ multi-center trials to stop hair loss and in some cases promote hair growth.  There are a minority of patients that experience certain unwanted side effects, so ask about those as well. (warning the medication is expensive and needs to be continued, if stopped hair loss will continue)

2. Topical Rogaine is available over the counter and would be my suggestion to start with this 2x/day for at least 4 months.   If no improvement in 4 months, discontinue this medication as it is expensive as well.

3. Start taking Biotin 5000mcg/ day (OTC vitamin) to promote hair/nail/ skin strength

4. Lifestyle changes = control/ reduce stress, obtain adequate sleep (8-10 hours/night), exercise regularly, and eat a balanced/ healthy diet rich in the 4-food groups without reliance on fast food

5. Have your doctor obtain blood work to make sure you aren't anemic (iron deficiency) or have thyroid dysfunction (hypo/hyperthyroidism).   The usual panel I order on my male and female pattern baldness patients is a Complete Blood Cell Count (CBC) with differential, Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP), Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), and Iron studies

And lastly realize that hair loss is a common event for males, by age 50, 50% of males have some degree of hair loss.  I think most of us will experience this at some point in our lives, don't let it affect your confidence!

This is probably broscience and completely anecdotal, but a while back I started doing crazy amounts of incline treadmill walking, 4-8 hours everyday, and in that month or so, I think my testosterone was boosted or something. I grew relatively a lot more body hair in that short span of time and my hair on my head looked a little thinner. I did some research and those are symptoms of high DHT and DHT can potentially be boosted by excess exercise. I stopped and the hair on my head went back to normal. Has me scared to do that routine again.

I hope I don't go through this. Legit scared to even post about it, putting that energy out in the universe
laugh.gif
.  If I do, hopefully a cure will be ready by then. Everyone in my family seems to be good.

Last edited:
Yep, poor diet OR over strength training exercise seems to be the reasoning in my broscience eyes too.

It's why a lot of frail looking dudes/the older generation seem to have a good set of hair. No big spikes of testosterone.

I'll stick to playing hoops and away from the heavy weights.

Last edited:
This is probably broscience and completely anecdotal, but a while back I started doing crazy amounts of incline treadmill walking, 4-8 hours everyday, and in that month or so, I think my testosterone was boosted or something. I grew relatively a lot more body hair in that short span of time and my hair on my head looked a little thinner. I did some research and those are symptoms of high DHT and DHT can potentially be boosted by excess exercise. I stopped and the hair on my head went back to normal. Has me scared to do that routine again.

I hope I don't go through this. Legit scared to even post about it, putting that energy out in the universe :lol: .  If I do, hopefully a cure will be ready by then. Everyone in my family seems to be good.

4-8 hours on a treadmill though damn!

I experienced something similar 3 years back though so there definitely is some sort of correlation as small as it possibly is.

Never had problems with thinning, but my corners have receded. My only issue with it is that the steepness is not the same on both sides.

With a low cut its not really that bad, but with more hair its noticeable (and I have a widows peak so it enhances the curved look of my hair line).

I typically just trim the widows peak and push back one side so that its even with the other. Becomes a hassle since my hair grows in fast, but I just trim it again.

I also taper my temples so the corners don't look as drastic.

Back
Top Bottom