LB VII or JB 16.5

I have been thinking about getting one of these shoes. I don't know which one is better for my style of game though. I play the 2 guard (shooter and postup when needed). I have been know to bottom out zoom in the heals of most shoes. That is why I was considering the VII's, but the 16.5 have air in the healas well. I don't know... HELP!!

I got the 16.5's yesterday and got a chance to play in them today. They are stiff when you first put them on but get more comfy after breaking them in. Onething I noticed is that the 16.5's are very spacious at the toes. Another thing is that they have flat soles, but so are the lebrons. I play 2/3/4 andprefer driving in and posting up and had no problems with blisters and such. My stealth XX's I played in before would kill my feet and the ankle supportwasn't that great. You can't go wrong either way with either the lebrons or 16.5's.

out of box playability for the 16.5 is much better than the lbj vii. the 360 air is nice but for a 2 guard id go with a more responsive shoe such as the 16.5. they are extremely comfortable and the cushioning and grip is well above par.

I just bought the 16.5 on the last 50% off sale, but the VII's have been calling me lol. I really need impact protection, especially in the heel. I havegotten too many heel bruises in the past.

If you are looking for impact protection....... then the lebron viis are your shoe. I have practiced in them a few times and they definitely have good impactprotection. Coming from a person that has knee problems and playing with them on a very dusty and hard floor, i had minimal knee pain after a couple of hours.I wish they could be a lil softer but the fit of the shoe is great. I may need to get a bigger size, but im happy with the shoe.

I just swapped my pair of 16.5 for the VII's today. And once I pulled those thin insoles out and put in my Sofsole Airr's the shoe was amazing! I alsoprefer the look of the VII's over the 16.5. Still might get a pair of 16.5 for my ball rotation anyway.

^ got mine from my local finishline store. you can also order them from the finishline site.

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

^got mine from my local finishline store
Same here! But I think it is sad to have to buy a sneaker at $160 and need to have the insoles upgraded. But the Sofsole does make this aplay-able shoe. Without the upgrade I would not even attempt to play in them...too firm for me (feel like your ballin in Timbs or AF1)!

Imo lebron VII all the way specificall designed to protect the surroundings and forefoot of your feet. Defo recommend it.

Originally Posted by Shook One

Go with the 16.5's
I will still cop a pair of 16.5's for ball. Because when I put on the LB VII's I was expecting to be wowed and I walked around and feltlike...

Really disappointing. The 7's really are a big mans shoe! The 16.5's felt MUCH more responsive!

Originally Posted by Hardaway33

Go with the 16.5's
I will still cop a pair of 16.5's for ball. Because when I put on the LB VII's I was expecting to be wowed and I walked around and felt like...

Really disappointing. The 7's really are a big mans shoe! The 16.5's felt MUCH more responsive!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
nice gif

I love playing in my 16.5's now. Very comfortable after the 3rd time playing in them. I want another pair =P

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

Originally Posted by Hardaway33

Go with the 16.5's
I will still cop a pair of 16.5's for ball. Because when I put on the LB VII's I was expecting to be wowed and I walked around and felt like...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
nice gif
laugh.gif
....+1

everybody on niketalk is saying alot of ghood things about the 16.5. might have to see what all the fuss is about

Back
Top Bottom