Leaving the car running & unattended in residential neighborhoods?

Remote start for the win

Or keypad entry for the win

Remote start app from the phone ftw :smokin

First winter with it and its already clutch

I can probably leave my trunk open for the night in my neighborhood and still have everything in it untouched come morning time.

Yeah same here but i wont even try it

during the day, i don't see a problem but not at night...

suburban folk are adamantly against street lights so someone could just jump out of the shadows and there goes your car...

Yup i always ask ppl up here why they dont have street lights around. Roads be pitch black, and if there is a light its faint as hell

I keep trying to tell people up here in Montana just cuz this is a good neighborhood dont mean it cant stolen. All the time i see women leaving purses in cars in plain view with the doors unlocked. Folks dont even lock their house up when the leave for the day

I have a locked space, so I always turn my car on before I leave. I would never do this on the street :lol: :lol: :lol:

Honestly I worry more about somehow locking myself out the car with the keys in the ignition than having it swiped. :lol:

Hell nawww
I don't even stay in the hood no more and somebody broke in my car last night and stole my system out. The damn thing hasn't worked since august so idk how they even knew it was there.

Last edited:
Never get too comfortable to let your guard down. My homeboy learned the hard way and we live in the burbs. He left his car window cracked open and his bag in plain sight and someone broken in an robbed him

That false sense of security will get you a reality check quick :smh:

And you dudes leaving your car running to warm up in the winter are just wasting gas. The car warms up faster when you drive it. The heater is basically engine heat being directed to the cabin

And you dudes leaving your car running to warm up in the winter are just wasting gas. The car warms up faster when you drive it. The heater is basically engine heat being directed to the cabin

Cant be driving reckless with a car that isn't warmed up :nerd:

Last edited:
I know but I don't care. Gas isn't worth sitting in a -15 degree car for 10 minutes until it warms up. It knocks like 30 miles off a full tank.

You driving with your head out the window waiting for the windshield to defrost?

I live in the suburbs, but the kids out here will take whatever is in your trunk if you leave it open over night.

Man why even risk it?

Even if you live in a good neighborhood, you never know who's walking around looking for an easy lick on naive folk like you.

suburban folk are adamantly against street lights 
So true 
laugh.gif

Honestly I worry more about somehow locking myself out the car with the keys in the ignition than having it swiped. :lol:
Happen to me before. My car isn't suppose to lock if I'm not in the seat and ignition on. My car isn't suppose to lock if I leave the smart key plugged inside the 'smart key holder'. Both happened :smh:

I'm always on E so they wouldn't get far.

Adam Carolla has a good story about when he was poor and living in a bad neighborhood. He had a piece of crap pickup truck that he couldn't afford to have stolen. I can't remember what his hack was, but every time he left it out in front of his place overnight, he'd unhook some fuse (I'm not a car guy, couldn't tell you what he did exactly). He said you could start it, but the car would die within a few blocks, and it wouldn't restart. Sure enough, it got stolen multiple times, so he'd just walk outside and head in the direction he'd been parked. He found it every time a few blocks away. He knew that it was going to be stolen regardless, so he didn't bother with an alarm or anything. He just rigged it so it would die lol.

Live in a predominantly black residential neighborhood and have done this for the past 5 years.
You clearly don't live somewhere where it gets cold.

The hell would I want to sit in a freezing car for? If burning an extra $2 of gas means I can drive in peace...

Last edited:
I don't trust humans, you can be a sucka if you want

word.

then i hate when my people try and justify to me why its ok to leave a door unlocked (for any period of time)

F!!! no!

edit:

That false sense of security will get you a reality check quick

yup, call me scary if you wanna, not tryin to be no victim of ANY crime.

what yall talking about with street lights in suburban areas??? never heard that .

can't help myself with the following Killer Mike lyric...

Real +brothers+ do what a F!!!boy can't
Come through 'hood in wet-A!! paint
Leave the car running with a filled up tank
Let a ************ try and touch my Chevy
Guarantee that I'ma put four in his belly

Last edited:
Most of the people who do this are aloof goofy *****. Doesn't even matter what neighborhood you stay in. It literally takes minimal effort to turn your car off and start it up. Even less with push-buttons :lol:

It is really sad that people STILL don't understand that NOTHING should be visible inside of your car when you get out of it. Gym bags, purses, man ANYTHING. Put stuff in your trunk. Even if I have grocery bags, I put it in the trunk if I need to get out.

Down BArry Farms (Goodman League), people's windows used to get busted ALL the time. BUt most of those people always have something visible in their back seats. Most people's cars are junky anyway so they usually ask for it.

It is really sad that people STILL don't understand that NOTHING should be visible inside of your car when you get out of it. Gym bags, purses, man ANYTHING. Put stuff in your trunk. Even if I have grocery bags, I put it in the trunk if I need to get out.

Down BArry Farms (Goodman League), people's windows used to get busted ALL the time. BUt most of those people always have something visible in their back seats. Most people's cars are junky anyway so they usually ask for it.

was at the eastern market (Detroit) and a lady was crying cause two bags were stolen, one being a laptop bag (window smashed).

my question to myself was, why would you leave that in plain sight? windows weren't even tinted.

of course someone is gonna take the opportunity if its that apparent.

Rich people steal too. Nah mean. They might not need to but they may like the feeling of taking. Don't trust no one, no where, no how.

Back
Top Bottom