Lebron 7 review

I just got done hooping in the blackout Lebron VIIs and I think I'm going to have to retire them from my Basketball rotation (Kobe V and Newly broken out today, the KD II). I've been playing in them for the past 3 weeks(4-5 times a week for 3-5 hours at a time). Some background info on me to start out, I'm a 5"11 160 lb point-forward, depending if it's High school ball or City league. Mainly small forward, I'm a shooter, that occasionally drives.

Traction:3.5/5(Pretty solid but some slip on the moderately dusty 24 hour fitness court I play on. With the Kobe Vs and KD IIs, there was no slip whatsoever
tired.gif
. Also I wish they had put an outrigger on this shoe to add to the lateral stability, I slipped on lateral cuts/while driving to the basket on several plays.

Court feel:0/5 Pretty much dead thanks to the basketball specific Air Max 360 unit. I found my defense to be slower, since it took more time to bend the air max unit. (If that makes sense i.e. your on your toes for defense).

Cushioning:3.5/5 This was my first time playing in an air max 360 basketball shoe but I felt like the cushioning was a little too firm, I've would have liked it to be softer. Also I felt the forefoot was kinda of lacking in the cushioning department. One pro, my knees didn't hurt after playing for an extended duration
happy.gif
 Great impact protection

Fit:1/5 I felt the fit was lacking, I bought my true to size 11 and I thought the fit was perfect in-store. I tried on a 10.5 and my feet were too cramped. I did experience heel slip.

Ankle Support:0/5 Pretty bad
frown.gif
 I was surprised I didn't twist my ankle in the 3 weeks I was playing in them. I couldn't get a tight fit, the lace system was flawed. They shouldn't have put those metal Vs as lace eyelets.

Overall: I think the air max was too stiff for my liking and the fit/ankle support was almost XV terrible. The traction could've been better had this shoe possessed an outrigger. However some points I'd like to bring up, I did not feel the weight was an issue, also I didn't feel the shoe was bulky or "clunky" at all, just too stiff
frown.gif
. To sum things up I think I'm finished with the Lebron line, I had the IVs(which I felt were heavy and clunky) and the VIs (Which I had quality issues with, I hooped in them 3 times lightly and the sole started to come apart. Sent them back to nike, got my money back and that was the end of that) The Lebron VII P.S. looks promising but I'm not gonna even bother.

Originally Posted by JLking

I just got done hooping in the blackout Lebron VIIs and I think I'm going to have to retire them from my Basketball rotation (Kobe V and Newly broken out today, the KD II). I've been playing in them for the past 3 weeks(4-5 times a week for 3-5 hours at a time). Some background info on me to start out, I'm a 5"11 160 lb point-forward, depending if it's High school ball or City league. Mainly small forward, I'm a shooter, that occasionally drives.

Traction:3.5/5(Pretty solid but some slip on the moderately dusty 24 hour fitness court I play on. With the Kobe Vs and KD IIs, there was no slip whatsoever
tired.gif
. Also I wish they had put an outrigger on this shoe to add to the lateral stability, I slipped on lateral cuts/while driving to the basket on several plays.

Court feel:0/5 Pretty much dead thanks to the basketball specific Air Max 360 unit. I found my defense to be slower, since it took more time to bend the air max unit. (If that makes sense i.e. your on your toes for defense).

Cushioning:3.5/5 This was my first time playing in an air max 360 basketball shoe but I felt like the cushioning was a little too firm, I've would have liked it to be softer. Also I felt the forefoot was kinda of lacking in the cushioning department. One pro, my knees didn't hurt after playing for an extended duration
happy.gif
 Great impact protection

Fit:1/5 I felt the fit was lacking, I bought my true to size 11 and I thought the fit was perfect in-store. I tried on a 10.5 and my feet were too cramped. I did experience heel slip.

frown.gif
 I was surprised I didn't twist my ankle in the 3 weeks I was playing in them. I couldn't get a tight fit, the lace system was flawed. They shouldn't have put those metal Vs as lace eyelets.

Overall: I think the air max was too stiff for my liking and the fit/ankle support was almost XV terrible. The traction could've been better had this shoe possessed an outrigger. However some points I'd like to bring up, I did not feel the weight was an issue, also I didn't feel the shoe was bulky or "clunky" at all, just too stiff
frown.gif
. To sum things up I think I'm finished with the Lebron line, I had the IVs(which I felt were heavy and clunky) and the VIs (Which I had quality issues with, I hooped in them 3 times lightly and the sole started to come apart. Sent them back to nike, got my money back and that was the end of that) The Lebron VII P.S. looks promising but I'm not gonna even bother.
about the fit, do you have a narrow feet?because from what I've heard, the AML7 fits well with those who have flatter arch
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by chaose57

tired.gif

happy.gif
 Great impact protection

frown.gif

frown.gif
about the fit, do you have a narrow feet?because from what I've heard, the AML7 fits well with those who have flatter arch
eyes.gif
I have really skinny narrow feet, with an almost flat arch but the Jordan Vs (known for the flat footed) felt comfortable to me btw

@JLking how would you compare the AML7 to the Kobe 5?

Kobe V: Better Traction, Has an outrigger, lighter(about 5-6 oz), Has good courtfeel, Zoom air, a lot more stable
Lebron VII: Great impact protection, Better Design IMO

@JLking how would you compare the AML7 to the Kobe 5?

Kobe V: Better Traction, Has an outrigger, lighter(about 5-6 oz), Has good courtfeel, Zoom air, a lot more stable
Lebron VII: Great impact protection, Better Design IMO

lol at better design
laugh.gif
 ,thanks for the reply though

Anyone else feel that the heel fit is really loose? I mean I tied mine as tight as I could but I still feel a great deal of unstability from the heel.

I wear crew cut NBA socks and I feel locked in. I also went half size down like you're suppose to.

Originally Posted by jazz145

Anyone else feel that the heel fit is really loose? I mean I tied mine as tight as I could but I still feel a great deal of unstability from the heel.

Yeah it's not just you. Only about 5 people in the world feel stable in these.

If I'm one of those five people , it's good to be in the same group as the person whos shoe it is.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

They can become stable but you really have to break them in. I mean spending like 2 weeks worth of wearing and playing in them.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

They can become stable but you really have to break them in. I mean spending like 2 weeks worth of wearing and playing in them.
^^^can you elaborate on how this works
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
???

JLking wrote:
Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

jazz145 wrote:

^^^can you elaborate on how this works
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
???

You cant just wear them a few times and hope for them to break in. Basically you have to really wear the ***@ out of them. Like wear them to play Basketball at least 10 times for an hr at a time and then wear them around for a few days.

How it becomes more stable? I think by wearing the shoe alot.... eventually the 360 BB bubble softens up therefore incorporating into the shoe better.  If that makes sense?

They eventually feel comfortable but a shoe that costs 160 shouldn't take this long to break in.

Originally Posted by andfattoo

If you think these shoes are heavy, you really need to hit the weight room. Im sorry.

lolwut?

Imo, these shoes are heavy compared to any shoe out there. I'll stick to my Kobes. Nice review though.

they look
pimp.gif

Ive worn mine to ball in and must admit their not the most comfortable.
would rather be wearing some kobes seing as how their much lighter

they look
pimp.gif

Ive worn mine to ball in and must admit their not the most comfortable.
would rather be wearing some kobes seing as how their much lighter

Thanks to everyone who have kept this thread on page 1 for over a month! Nice to hear everybodies opinions on this shoe. It will really go down as a classic in my mind. This shoe is ahead of its time like Jordans.

i love the shoes and they feel great while balling in them. A couple of cons i have are I think the shoes have to be lighter because when jump shooting i don't get the same lift in the 7's when comparing them to shoes like the zkv. Also my foot is narrow and the constant heel slipping gets annoying. I hope those two things will improve and the lebron 8 will be shaping up nicely 

Back
Top Bottom