LEBRON 8 PERFORMANCE REVIEWS ( V1, V2, PS)

Honestly, the v3 is among the BEST basketball shoes Ive ever worn.

My past favorites include: Air Unlimited, AJ 14. AJ 20 stealth. AJ 23. Zoom Generation, LB2.

Ankle support - takes a bit to find the right lacing feel, but once found = PERFECT.
Traction - excellent.
Cushioning - excellent.
Court feel - the outsole has rubber removed to allow the forefoot zoom to flex naturally. excellent.
Fit - I have somewhere between medium and flat arches - the carbon plate to me is beyond perfect and allows the foot to transition smoothly.

A+. The ONLY knock I have is it sits a little high off the ground - similar to the AJ 12.

[Posted this in another thread] So I purchased the v3 today, and I felt kind of
ohwell.gif
 about them. The insole cushioning felt great (similar to the v1 & v2) but there were somethings that I did not like (and the reasons why I'm returning them). First, the tongue is too high. I always wear mid cut socks and the tongue still went over them and started rubbing my skin. The forefoot zoom was just OK for me, nothing amazing. IMO the zoom in the Jordan 2010's is way better. And the asymmetrical lacing system created weird flex points for me. I'm sure the v3 will be great for many people, but it wasn't working for me! Just my 2 cents.

[Posted this in another thread] So I purchased the v3 today, and I felt kind of
ohwell.gif
 about them. The insole cushioning felt great (similar to the v1 & v2) but there were somethings that I did not like (and the reasons why I'm returning them). First, the tongue is too high. I always wear mid cut socks and the tongue still went over them and started rubbing my skin. The forefoot zoom was just OK for me, nothing amazing. IMO the zoom in the Jordan 2010's is way better. And the asymmetrical lacing system created weird flex points for me. I'm sure the v3 will be great for many people, but it wasn't working for me! Just my 2 cents.

Originally Posted by Lionheart22

are there others who feel the carbon plate irritates your feet?... i've been playing in mine for 7 games now, and my arches are throbbing. is there a quick fix?
I definitely get that weird feel.  It doesn't get to the point where I cannot take it but I did also notice it

are there others who feel the carbon plate irritates your feet?... i've been playing in mine for 7 games now, and my arches are throbbing. is there a quick fix?
I definitely get that weird feel.  It doesn't get to the point where I cannot take it but I did also notice it

Did you have any problems with the carbon plate affecting your foot arches?

i haven't balled in mine yet, but when i walk around in them i can definitely feel the carbon plate, probably because i'm flat footed. if i ball later today i'll come back and let you know how they felt.

Did you have any problems with the carbon plate affecting your foot arches?

i haven't balled in mine yet, but when i walk around in them i can definitely feel the carbon plate, probably because i'm flat footed. if i ball later today i'll come back and let you know how they felt.

alright so i balled for a bit today since it was drizzling, but my arches were definitely aching after wearing them for a while. again, this could be because i'm flat footed, but after switching back to my V1's they felt so much better. so i would recommend either the V1 or V2 if you have a low of flat arch. don't know if changing the insole makes a difference though.

alright so i balled for a bit today since it was drizzling, but my arches were definitely aching after wearing them for a while. again, this could be because i'm flat footed, but after switching back to my V1's they felt so much better. so i would recommend either the V1 or V2 if you have a low of flat arch. don't know if changing the insole makes a difference though.

Originally Posted by CementSoldier

they are not heavy as people make them seems

exactly. i think people are too used to the weight of the kobe's or the crazy lights, but weight isn't everything imo.

Originally Posted by CementSoldier

they are not heavy as people make them seems

exactly. i think people are too used to the weight of the kobe's or the crazy lights, but weight isn't everything imo.

^weight is actually no big deal compared the fit. If a few ounces can make a big difference then someone has to hit the weights.

^weight is actually no big deal compared the fit. If a few ounces can make a big difference then someone has to hit the weights.

Back
Top Bottom