LEBRON 8 PERFORMANCE REVIEWS ( V1, V2, PS)

hopefully picking up them this sat, and balling in them on SUN.. Can't wait ...

my only complaint about the 7's were they were stiff when you took em out the box.. then after that they were straight..

can't wait to see what these feel like

Id have to disagree with people saying the cushioning is anything better than the 7. Its the EXACT same cushioning with a loftier insole.

The 8 is still FIRM, RIGID, and feels heavy on the foot.

Id have to disagree with people saying the cushioning is anything better than the 7. Its the EXACT same cushioning with a loftier insole.

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

I have to co-sign on that too. They also fit a 1/2 size small (at least for me). The insole has a soft blue foam set-up that I can't imagine will hold up too long. Had to sell my pair... staying with my Jordan 2010's and BB2 for now. Kobe VI are looking good though
pimp.gif

I have to co-sign on that too. They also fit a 1/2 size small (at least for me). The insole has a soft blue foam set-up that I can't imagine will hold up too long. Had to sell my pair... staying with my Jordan 2010's and BB2 for now. Kobe VI are looking good though
pimp.gif

I didn't think they were heavy at all. but if you're coming from a hyper or kobe shoe? you might notice a difference. Some people wont like that ortholite sockliner, but it provides a soft step-in feel. I havent had a problem with the ortholite breaking down. but I'm looking forward to it breaking down a bit to get a more direct feel with the shoe.
@Hardaway33, Yeah, if you wear pretty thick socks they may feel snug. I like to wear my ball shoes pretty tight so I went true to size.
@NY GIANTS 11, are you more of a light guard? I'm about 6'3, 220-230 so i really noticed a big difference in the cushioning.

I didn't think they were heavy at all. but if you're coming from a hyper or kobe shoe? you might notice a difference. Some people wont like that ortholite sockliner, but it provides a soft step-in feel. I havent had a problem with the ortholite breaking down. but I'm looking forward to it breaking down a bit to get a more direct feel with the shoe.
@Hardaway33, Yeah, if you wear pretty thick socks they may feel snug. I like to wear my ball shoes pretty tight so I went true to size.
@NY GIANTS 11, are you more of a light guard? I'm about 6'3, 220-230 so i really noticed a big difference in the cushioning.

They are comfortable but the air max made me feel disconnected from the floor. I would spend that 160 on other shoes like the Hyperfuse, Kobe V or Kobe VI

They are comfortable but the air max made me feel disconnected from the floor. I would spend that 160 on other shoes like the Hyperfuse, Kobe V or Kobe VI

Originally Posted by STORM RYDER

Storm Ryder I'm 6-0, 180.

The cushioning to me is the exact same as the 7... just with the the new insole. I personally LOVE the insole... in OTHER shoes! They make zoom feel twice as good, if that was even possible.

The air max sits very high off the ground. I'm not a hypershoe wearing guy... mostly Jordans for me. The 8 is very comfortable... but VERY bulky. Period.

Originally Posted by STORM RYDER

Storm Ryder I'm 6-0, 180.

The cushioning to me is the exact same as the 7... just with the the new insole. I personally LOVE the insole... in OTHER shoes! They make zoom feel twice as good, if that was even possible.

The air max sits very high off the ground. I'm not a hypershoe wearing guy... mostly Jordans for me. The 8 is very comfortable... but VERY bulky. Period.

Hmmm... I'll have to try that! Thanks for that tip.

Hmmm... I'll have to try that! Thanks for that tip.

I would say anyone under 190 lbs. won't notice the significant difference in cushioning, but they will notice the difference in weight. 5 or so ounces is a lot for someone like me...I'm only 5'8", 170...has anyone played with the Kobe VI's yet? Not feelin' the snake skin "islands" but I want to know if it performs......

I would say anyone under 190 lbs. won't notice the significant difference in cushioning, but they will notice the difference in weight. 5 or so ounces is a lot for someone like me...I'm only 5'8", 170...has anyone played with the Kobe VI's yet? Not feelin' the snake skin "islands" but I want to know if it performs......

Back
Top Bottom