LeBron James Has Surpassed Kobe Bryant.... As The Most Hated Player On NT

No correlation.

Would there be this amount of hate if he wasn't on the team w/ the best record in the regular season?

Clearly, winning isn't the only factor.

We weren't over saturated with images of those players the way we have been with Kobe and LeBron. Still, Dirk and AI had haters coming after them thoseseasons.

It's just hard to remember the hate on Dirk because he played all of zero playoff games as the MVP.

AI felt the love for a season, but fans have just been doing all they can to prop him up in comparison to Kobe since then.

Think about it, there are no "cocky" fans or conspiracy theories if Kobe and 'Bron aren't on the best teams.

Yea, I've never been heavy on this Lebron to NY stuff.

But if he helps the team win, I can accept that ( I mean...who wouldn't?
laugh.gif
)

Sorta like Ska not being a Kobe fan but being a Laker fan.

nah **%+ that.

i dont care if we lose for 20 more years

i dont want lebrick on my beloved knicks.

If he goes to N.Y. and loses .....

Theyll burn him at the stake....

IN N.Y. its all or nothing......

Originally Posted by ericberry14

he hasnt... & its not really close...

people's dislike isnt necessarily for Lebron, its for David Stern/NBA/refs for trying to hand this man the championship
This is the truth, at least regarding my opinion. I have nothing against LeBron as a person. He seems decent enough and nothing he does reallymakes me hate him unlike KG or Paul Pierce. Its the dang hype machine that annoys me. Its articles like this: http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/11788957 that annoy me.

I think the overhype has created a bit of a backlash. No one can deny with a straight face that Lebron is already a great player, but the hype generated aroundhim adds to the level of "hate" he receives from a lot of people. Add to that the perception that Lebron gets treated with kid gloves more than anyother current basketball player out there and it contributes a lot.

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

nah **%+ that.

i dont care if we lose for 20 more years

i dont want lebrick on my beloved knicks.
Here you go:

[font=book antiqua,times new roman,times]
lab-thermometer.jpg

If you don't need that, you need this:

[/font]
halloween-straight-jacket.jpg

f he goes to N.Y. and loses .....

Theyll burn him at the stake....

IN N.Y. its all or nothing......
I thought New Yorkers loved Ewing?

Any you gets hyped to no end and you don't deliver people will hate.

Its why I hate Kobe and why people hate Lebron.

I don't think he has, at least not yet.

Well, lately, Cavs threads have been getting the attention that Lakers threads usually get after the Lakers lose.
moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

i dont like the media's portrayal of him. Not to mention his arrogance is sky high. He's still an amazing player though

I am happy to see him lose because of the all the hype he's got. but i don't hate him. i hate the media jamming him down our throats, and how the refsbail him out. But unlike Kobe haters, I'll admit LeBron's a great player, most talented in the league now, and he seems like a descent person/familyman.

Anderson Varajao in the other hand
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

edited for typo

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

No correlation.

Would there be this amount of hate if he wasn't on the team w/ the best record in the regular season?

We weren't over saturated with images of those players the way we have been with Kobe and LeBron. Still, Dirk and AI had haters coming after them those seasons.

It's just hard to remember the hate on Dirk because he played all of zero playoff games as the MVP.

AI felt the love for a season, but fans have just been doing all they can to prop him up in comparison to Kobe since then.

Think about it, there are no "cocky" fans or conspiracy theories if Kobe and 'Bron aren't on the best teams.
Underline: Again, I disagree. This was at the height of AI's prime. The Sneakers, thecommercials (with Jadakiss or the spin-move commercial), the rap album ("it's Jewelz time....")... AI was EVERYWHERE (in terms of marketing) andLOVED when he won his MVP. And that love didn't just last for 1 season as you say. It's only now in recent years that people have started to"hate" or dislike AI.

I honestly think the correlation started with MJ to Kobe and now Kobe to LeBron.

I don't hate LeBron.

I just dislike some of his fans (on here), how the media overexposes him and what he gets away with on the court.

I'll co-sign my dude SHUGES on this one. There's a ton of reasons, too.

- Lakers fans + Kobe Stans = A lot of people. Especially on NT.
- A lot of Knicks fans want to see him not win a 'ship because they think it gives them a better shot at him come '10. See: Nate Rob's Twitter
laugh.gif

- outtacontrol has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, and in turn, they root against the Cavs/Lebron.
- A lot of people are turned off by the hype machine. The commercials, ESPN, analysts, etc.
- And a branch off of that, there's a lot of people who don't appreciate how Stern, the refs, etc seem to give dude special treatment.

Personally, as each year goes on, and how his game progresses, I find myself being a fan of the dude.

Lebron
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Kobe
pimp.gif
indifferent.gif
when he's playing the Rockets

no way has he surpassed Kobe in that regard

Kobe will always be the most hated

he gets hated on for the way he walks, talks, chews gum, facial expression, drinks gatorade, laughs.......it never ends

people take it to a personal level with Kobe.....this hasn't happened with Lebronze, other than the Quagmire jaw

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

No correlation.

We weren't over saturated with images of those players the way we have been with Kobe and LeBron. Still, Dirk and AI had haters coming after them those seasons.

Underline: Again, I disagree. This was at the height of AI's prime. The Sneakers, the commercials (with Jadakiss or the spin-move commercial), the rap album ("it's Jewelz time....")... AI was EVERYWHERE (in terms of marketing) and LOVED when he won his MVP. And that love didn't just last for 1 season as you say. It's only now in recent years that people have started to "hate" or dislike AI.

I honestly think the correlation started with MJ to Kobe and now Kobe to LeBron.

I am going to have to say no to that. AI was hated on. Not early on in his career, but when it was clearly evident that he would be a perennial bottom dweller,people start to question his leadership and his commitment. That caused the hate. Then his team won and his team ended up in the finals. He was loved. Winningcures all.

Now look at him. He leaves the Nuggets and they get into the WCF sofar. He goes to the Pistons and they hover or go below .500 with him in the lineup. Whathappens next? He's out with back aches, just like in Philly. Same ole Iverson. Difference? He was on a winning team.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

I think the overhype has created a bit of a backlash. No one can deny with a straight face that Lebron is already a great player, but the hype generated around him adds to the level of "hate" he receives from a lot of people.
I don't understand this logic though. Even with my dislike for Kobe, I can SEE why the media is all over him at times. Shoot, if a man scores81 points, what do you guys want the media to do??
If a man hits a game-winner in the playoffs with 1 second left, what do you guys want the media to do??

Iguodola got his love... Turk got his love... Guys will get the accolades when they hit big shots or have big games.

When Tony Delk dropped 50 points, ho-hum... it gets talked about for 1 day and then we move on.

So what's the difference between the Tony Delks, the Andre Iguodolas, and the Hedo Turkoglus and the Brons, Kobes, etc?

Well one reason players like LeBron, Kobe, Jordan, etc. get the over-saturated, week-long highlights is b/c they have consistently shown that they are great players.

People hating on these guys for their skill is wild to me.....

And yeah franchise... I agree with all of those points.

Originally Posted by ericberry14

he hasnt... & its not really close...

people's dislike isnt necessarily for Lebron, its for David Stern/NBA/refs for trying to hand this man the championship
qfMFt

looks like Lebron will never know whats its like to win a championship as a cavalier.......NYK 2010

if he still wants to be "the king" he better, because MJ, who has set the current bar for being the GOAT, never ran away from chicago to get on abetter team when the bulls were losing.

On NT clearly, IMO dude has surpassed Kobe in terms of hate.

Don't get me wrong, Kobe gets a lot of hate, unwarranted a lot of times, but the dudes who disliked Kobe, were the ones who disliked him for a long whilenow.

Lebron on the other hand, a lot of people who have disdain for the dude, didn't really have it last year or the year before. Maybe not even until thisyear/playoffs. Throw in how he's on a superior team now, which fuels some of it and it is what it is.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

We do love Ewing.

But this situation is different.
VERY DIFFERENT....

Ewing started hear, grew up with the team ETC....

Bron would be viewed as a hired gun....

If he didnt deliver at least 1 chip, hed be labeled a bust or a fraud...

Back
Top Bottom