LeBron James succeeding despite being hated Appreciation Post

You shouldn't give him a pass just because he was blessed with being extremely talented. If he really is extremely smart then how come he blows his PR cover so often? "The Decision," not shaking hands with the Magic after losing to them in the playoffs and then defending it afterwards, wearing a Yankees hat as almost a threat whenever the Cavs were playing bad, the Nike camp dunk tape confiscation, mocking Dirk with Wade, the list goes on and on. The media literally tries so hard to get people to like him yet he does all that.
he does all of what exactly...

you sound like a scorned side chick..bringing up the fact that he wears the hat of the most popular sports team in america (maybe the world) has literally zero to do with anything...if thats why you dislike someone, you got straight middle school female emotions...
I list facts and you resort to name-calling? 
laugh.gif
 "Yet he does all that" is referring to all of the facts I listed, in counter that he is "extremely smart." I dislike him because he won playoff series over my team receiving all kinds of BS calls, you'd be mad about that too. The fact that you're so concerned with popularity shows who really has middle school female emotions. Have you only been following the league the past 3 years? There was so much talk over Lebron's free agency and New York was thought to be one of the prime teams in the running to get him. Wearing a New York Yankees hat after poor performances by his current team was pretty much a threat that he'd leave to New York. It's really not that hard to understand.

Last edited:
Game 7 LeBron made me a fan of LeBron James. All I've ever wanted from him is to play the way he did in game 7 when it matters. I have nothing else to hate on him for. Nothing but respect.

Still a Laker fan for life, and I hope Kobe can end his career with another chip. But the league is in good hands now. :pimp:

:smokin

Game 7 LeBron made me a fan of LeBron James. All I've ever wanted from him is to play the way he did in game 7 when it matters. I have nothing else to hate on him for. Nothing but respect.

Still a Laker fan for life, and I hope Kobe can end his career with another chip. But the league is in good hands now.
pimp.gif
this

Only speaking for myself on this one... but it's not about a witch hunt for who hates LeBron, because I don't care about that. You and Im Not You obviously aren't fans of his, but I couldn't care less. But you two are damn near the only ones who don't let it affect your basketball opinions. The vast majority of these other dudes just have no ability to use any type of logic or reason. So I do find it amusing when they end up looking foolish after trolling the hell out of the season thread all year. It's not a Kobe thing either. For me it's no different than the times I bring up old quotes on other subjects, just like you do. Just so happens there are a lot of clowns on here who make it their life's calling to post dumb basketball opinions regarding LeBron. Just my 2 cents.
Ay man...I feel you. You might look at my post and feel like that **** applies but I know you always keep it 100 so it's all good.

And yeah, I'm all for ridiculing some of the irrational nonsense we see on here. It gets worse during playoff time because you get all these type of ****** who don't pay any attention to what's been going on yet they're quick to pollute threads with their bull **** agendas. My only "beef" with that is when people feel like they have to up the ante and match the ridiculousness from the other side. And that's when you're (not you personally) no better than the rest of them.
Going to confront skip gives him validation. You don't feed the troll.
I fully agree with this. But I also feel the same way when dudes actually give the time of day to the ACB's, DBD's, DipsetGeneral's, etc. of the board. It's futile. They're never gonna get it.

Last edited:
As I said in another thread:

Since Lebron didn't go to college of course he was able to accomplish more than Jordan in the NBA at 28. Let's compare their first 10 seasons instead (only 9 for Jordan since he retired his next year):

Jordan (9 seasons):

3 Rings

3 Finals MVP

2 MVP

Lebron (10 seasons):

2 Rings

2 Finals MVP

4 MVP

If Jordan hadn't retired he very well could have had 4 rings, 4 Finals MVPs, and 3 MVPs compared to Lebron's 2 rings, 2 Finals MVPs, and 4 MVPs with 10 seasons both under their belts.  Even without that extra year, 3 rings, 3 Finals MVPs, and 2 MVPs are much more even to Lebron's 2 rings, 2 Finals MVPs, and 4 MVPs than the skewed age statistic shows.

This is just beautiful. Can spark emotion from anyone

NBA 2K13: Greatness ft. LeBron James - YouTube

What happens when Lebron loses a step? Right now, his game is pretty much about being bigger, stronger, and/or faster then just about everyone on the court. What happens when he slows down?

One thing about Mike as his ability adapt his game as he aged. Less trying to dunk on everyone and more midrange, fadeaway, etc. How does Bron adapt his game when he reaches the wrong side of 30? Obviously Bron minus a step is still better than (almost) everyone, but just will be interesting to see. One thing that doesn't really deteriorate with age is his incredible court vision. We see how Wade has lost a step and hasn't really changed his game much and as a result has struggled at times.

His jumper has steadily improved. He'll become more of a screener and still be devastating with aforementioned shooting/vision.

This thread title still gets me
laugh.gif
.  Succeeding despite being hated.  LOL.  Does being hated somehow prevent you from doing your job?  Is being hated some huge obstacle that one has to overcome?  I mean, "succeeding despite being injured" or "succeeding despite getting no help" make sense (not specifically to LeBron, just in general). 

The insinuation of succeeding "despite being hated" is that it would be acceptable or understandable for him NOT to succeed strictly because he is hated...which of course is a ridiculous claim.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom