Lebron signs new Nike deal

I posted in the AML 7 and NBA Feet threads but for the sake of "logistics" and a topic specifically for the news I'll put the quotes in here also

Originally Posted by bundy9

So let all the dispute and the talk end...It was basically a 1-man/company show which has resulted in Lebron signing a major contract deal lasting longer t han his original 7 year $93m one...

And based on this artcile the "VII...is the best selling shoe we've ever had in Lebron's line"

Onward with LBJ6 and the joint venture!

Cleveland Cavaliers star LeBron James(notes) has signed a new shoe and apparel deal with Nike, the company acknowledged on Wednesday

Terms were not disclosed, James’ business partner Maverick Carter, CEO of LRMR, told CNBC the deal was for a longer period of time that James’ last deal. LeBron signed a seven-year, $93 million contract with the company in May 2003.

Type=count&ClientType=2&ASeg=&AMod=&AdID=375915&FlightID=274240&TargetID=64412&SiteID=57348&EntityDefResetFlag=0&Segments=2168,2743,13094,13096,13097,13099,13111,13304,13309,17251,18900,18903,18906,18909,19568,20031,20139,20226,23491,23722,25504,25507,25511,25517,25531,25537,25540,25549,25899,32735,32859,33874,34282,34624,34895,35523,35880,36325,36376,36460,36463,36482,36483,36582,36601&Targets=1515,64412,84987&Values=43,60,84,100,150,682,685,686,687,770,1293,1575,1598,1599,1600,4432,47456,49516,52263,52896,56058,56621,56872,57005,57006,57348,57464,57583,58702,59987,61089,61267&RawValues=NGUSERID%2Ca3d04e7-15785-1268209706-1%2CTIELID%2C1270108579961875&random=dpvtbAp,bfIiunhKsqxd

“Our relationship with Nike is more than a shoe deal,

I would like Rock Deep to check in and, if he could, let us know what happened to the UA deal that was brewing. Did UA just give up and realize they could not compete money wise with Lebron or are they going a different direction. This was supposed to be a battle if I remember correctly.

Originally Posted by 3onPar5

I would like Rock Deep to check in and, if he could, let us know what happened to the UA deal that was brewing. Did UA just give up and realize they could not compete money wise with Lebron or are they going a different direction. This was supposed to be a battle if I remember correctly.
Well, they release no Basketball-shoe this year, maybe they focus on football and the NFL.

^Nah...Rock said a lonnngg time ago that the battle was over and it was  basically known LeBron would go with Nike....
I guess UA dropped the ball...I know Rock liked the original samples, but then I guess they ended up going in the wrong direction....

Glad to hear Lebron re-upped with Nike. Would've been a sin to see him in UA. I'm sick and tired of UA.....heard they're crap anyways.

Checking in ...and yeah.. I called that LONG LONG ago my man.  UA just didnt have the focus in my opinion nor the resources to think outside the box.  I liked some of the early samples.. but then you have to actually NOT tinker with a good thing.  Plus a shoe can LOOK good and not feel good.

With that being said. I think on the opposite as those who say Nike has all the advantages.. (They DO) BUT... when you dont have resources... you should FORCE yourself to think MORE than just outside the box. You should do as I do in my Marketing.  Build your own box and sit outside that one and think.  Adi doesnt have the advantages Nike does but they force themselves to come up with new Tech which I hear is actually good in some cases.

I think in the bigger scheme, Kevin Plank knew UA was spread too thin and couldnt compete to make a REAL run.  I think they need to REshift their entire focus again and Realize where their strengths are. They can not compete in EVERY segment of sport.  They can be KILLING it in Football in areas beyond Adult Sports...but...

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Build your own box and sit outside that one and think.  

Sorry for chopping down your comment to just this Rock...but this to me is the main point in everything you mentioned. Everything else just revolves around that and  that's why those other companies failed to have the assertiveness to make a serious run at Lebron....The idea of him moving to UA was definitely an intriguing one, but I never found myself taking it seriously...and for Adi, the only other real competitor to make an offer, with their watered down team marketing, that wouldn't be prized enough to put LBJ on the pedestal he wants financially, or commercially...Nike swung the bigger bat from the start and the homerun was inevitable...but I agree with you again...the all do need to REfocus their vibe and come stronger for maybe the next big thing...who/whatever that may be...

Like the article says though it would effect his credibility if he did jump to another namebrand....To be honest I don't know that I would still buy his shoes.

I think LeBron has a better chance of making a brand out of his sig line than Kobe ever had, he fact that he signed with nike off the bat will always help cus this kinda thing takes 20+ yrs of brand loyalty to develop. Hell just need to get a few rings on his hand before he can spark his own sig. Hell need to hurry up to before he becomes the next barkley. I can see if he dosent win in the next 2-3 yrs heel team with with dwight howard on some team out east just to get a title like the lakers 10 years ago.

Thanks for the update Rock. Hope you didnt feel I was "calling you out". I just knew that you have some plugged in sources and would know what happened.

Originally Posted by engoi

http://sports.yahoo.com/n...;prov=yhoo&type=lgns

And for the Knicks-fans: Lebrons new contract has apparently no big-market-clause.

I read in the new york post today that nike will possibly but something in there that will make it ''sweeter'' to play in new york. NY would be a marketing giant for lebron and nike [even more so than now] Im a knicks fan and I have my fingers crossed. If the knicks pick up another big star Bosh, Joe johnson, Gay ect. things could get interesting. Lebron loves the bright lights we all know that. Hes played some of his best basketball in the garden.

this was a no brainer. Lebron is Nikes premier sneaker line, they weren't gonna give that up especially how well the 7's are doing. Were else is Lebron gonna go adidas? They haven't made a copable bball shoe in a minute and he ain't gonna ball in some chucks(only converse that matter).

Thanks for the update Rock. Hope you didnt feel I was "calling you out". I just knew that you have some plugged in sources and would know what happened.

lol.. not at all 3on... its all good.  You know I like contributing whenever possible.  Even if its via opinion or insight.  I would hate for folks to speculate if there is any insight to be had tho.

Originally Posted by inchecksince81

Originally Posted by engoi

http://sports.yahoo.com/n...;prov=yhoo&type=lgns

And for the Knicks-fans: Lebrons new contract has apparently no big-market-clause.

I read in the new york post today that nike will possibly but something in there that will make it ''sweeter'' to play in new york. NY would be a marketing giant for lebron and nike [even more so than now] Im a knicks fan and I have my fingers crossed. If the knicks pick up another big star Bosh, Joe johnson, Gay ect. things could get interesting. Lebron loves the bright lights we all know that. Hes played some of his best basketball in the garden.

In the bigger Scheme of things... Nike wants Bron in NYC for more than Marketing.  Sure they will KEEP his face on Live Bill boards.  But We all know.  NYC is VERY loyal.. as well as it's Street ballers and regulars cats.. ya'll dudes here in the forum could attest to that... Its ALL about the Units. 

Bron can be MARKETED anywhere.. Hell he could go to Sacramento and they would play 4pm games so the East Coast would see him.... he is his market... But as Nike will say in their own meetings.  NYC is the Mecca... even if the Garden is a dump... (No offense Dun duns and son sons.. lol)

Back
Top Bottom