Lebron XI Elite from eBay shiny part darkened on one shoe, why?

I've been wanting the Lebron XI Elite in black/gold for a long time and finally decided to get a pair on eBay recently. I got them today and the shiny part on one of the shoes is blackened/dark and lost most of the gold color. What would have caused this blackening and can it be fixed?

I'm not too happy as it was the only pair in my size and that was supposed to be new (there are also micro scratches on the shiny parts). I'm wondering if I should return them for a refund and hope that another pair in my size is listed one day or maybe ask for a partial refund and keep them as I wouldn't have paid as much had I known they looked like this.

What should I do?

Here's a pic, you see on the right show the metallic part is significantly blackened. Is it due to storing them where the sun hit one shoe and not the other and "burnt" them?

IMG_1029.JPG

Does anyone know where I could get a pair of these other than eBay (this was the last pair in my size that was supposed to be in good condition)? If I can get another pair in good condition in my size I'm returning these for sure.

Your complaint seems very trival, and honestly if really bothers you that much return it. Its your money.

I wouldn’t be bothered by it. If the seller didnt gave vaild/reasonable description of the condition shoe il ask for my money back.

Did he omit anything that you feel he should have mentioned on the condition of the shoe?
Did you ask questions to the seller about the condition of the shoes like extra pics/angles etc?

Does anyone know where I could get a pair of these other than eBay (this was the last pair in my size that was supposed to be in good condition)? If I can get another pair in good condition in my size I'm returning these for sure.
Oh im not a mind reader you never mentioned what size you wore...try mercari or stockx.

Oh he wana those types like @3god buy shoes, stunt for the gram, and then return them. (Repeat for the next hype release)?
No. He buys shoes. Finds some minuscule defect on them and complains about them. Rinse and repeat.

Look at the ugly *** shoes in his avi. Can’t trust someone who wears stuff like that.

Your complaint seems very trival, and honestly if really bothers you that much return it. Its your money.

I wouldn’t be bothered by it. If the seller didnt gave vaild/reasonable description of the condition shoe il ask for my money back.

Did he omit anything that you feel he should have mentioned on the condition of the shoe?
Did you ask questions to the seller about the condition of the shoes like extra pics/angles etc?

I don't think expecting a $300 pair of shoes to be new with no defects when they're described as such to be trivial. There were pics and now that I look again the right shoe does look darker but in the pic it looks like it's simply a matter of lighting (especially on a reflective surface) and not a problem with the actual shoe. Also, since they were described as brand new I had no reason to expect any defects.

No. He buys shoes. Finds some minuscule defect on them and complains about them. Rinse and repeat.

Look at the ugly *** shoes in his avi. Can’t trust someone who wears stuff like that.
Oh he looks for perfection in a imperfect world?

Those type people are weird asf.

upload_2019-1-21_19-30-18.jpeg

Can’t trust a man in 90s style acid washed jeans in 2019.

Oh he wana those types like @3god buy shoes, stunt for the gram, and then return them. (Repeat for the next hype release)?

No, I don't have IG and rarely if ever post pics of my shoes.

Neither, this is the first pair of shoes I bought in my life that I'm considering returning because a significant defect wasn't mentioned and they were advertised as brand new. I specifically paid more and waited for a pair with no defects, I think the ones with scratches were less noticeable than the blackened gold on these. If I was the seller of these I would have mentioned the blackened right shoe and posted the pic I posted here so the buyer would have been fully aware of the significant defect.

I don't think expecting a $300 pair of shoes to be new with no defects when they're described as such to be trivial. There were pics and now that I look again the right shoe does look darker but in the pic it looks like it's simply a matter of lighting (especially on a reflective surface) and not a problem with the actual shoe. Also, since they were described as brand new I had no reason to expect any defects.

Well sir, you should be aware stuff like this happenes to any manfactuerd goods especially for a shoe that like 6-5 years old. Things cant always be perfect, especially for shoe that isn’t being made anymore and the scarcity of getting a non-flawed pair is slim to none.

Being realistic is something you should evaluate in your life, as well a new pair of jeans that is in style in 2019.

Well sir, you should be aware stuff like this happenes to any manfactuerd goods especially for a shoe that like 6-5 years old. Things cant always be perfect, especially for shoe that isn’t being made anymore and the scarcity of getting a non-flawed pair is slim to none.

Being realistic is something you should evaluate in your life, as well a new pair of jeans that is in style in 2019.

I have Lebron XI Elites in the Hero colorway so they are as old and both shoes still look identical, so it's not a matter of age. I also don't think they were manufactured this way, my most likely assumption is that they were left in a place where sun hit one shoe for months or years and blackened it.

I have Lebron XI Elites in the Hero colorway so they are as old and both shoes still look identical, so it's not a matter of age. I also don't think they were manufactured this way, my most likely assumption is that they were left in a place where sun hit one shoe for months or years and blackened it.

You need help.
Lets start with your jeans.

You need help.
Lets start with your jeans.

That pic is from many years ago while I was stuck in extreme poverty and had no choice but to get the cheapest jeans I could find. My situation has obviously improved dramatically since.

Considering they're still the best condition ones there was in my size I think I'll keep them, the others were all severely scratched.

Also since you can't really see both outer sides (what's the correct term for this, and for the inner side?) of each shoe at the same time when they're being worn the difference will be hard to notice.

Considering they're still the best condition ones there was in my size I think I'll keep them, the others were all severely scratched.

Also since you can't really see both outer sides (what's the correct term for this, and for the inner side?) of each shoe at the same time when they're being worn the difference will be hard to notice.
Great, now Lets help youd find some new jeans now.

Back
Top Bottom