Legit Check - Air Jordan 1 OFF WHITE UNC

I received these Off-white Jordan 1 UNCs from StockX today and something is rubbing me the wrong way with them. I’m hoping you guys can take a look and tell me what you think. My biggest concern is a couple details on the right shoe…..

1. The lifted tail of the Nike swoosh. It seems to be the right length and everything, but should it be lifted at all? I can see under it that it looks like it was attached by glue at some point. So maybe it just detached over time? The tail of the left shoe looks good.
2. On the inside aspect of the right shoe, there at two dots near the last line of text, one to the left of the "c" and one underneath the "1". I have never seen these on any other retail pairs and its not addressed on any other legit check websites.

IMG_4524.JPG
IMG_4525.JPG
IMG_4526.JPG
IMG_4527.JPG
IMG_4528.JPG
IMG_4529.JPG
IMG_4530.JPG
IMG_4531.JPG
IMG_4532.JPG
IMG_4533.JPG
I’d really appreciate your help. Thanks!

I do see a lot of small flaws. The quality control on the Off-White UNC's was not very good. I have seen a lot of variation in authentic pairs. My pair also has a lot of small flaws but it still passed the authentication of both Round Two and Stadium Goods. Off-White fakes are really good, I cant say for sure if your pair is authentic or not, but I will list all the flaws that I see.

1. The zigzag stitching on your swoosh is a lot more spaced and wider then any authentic pair I have seen
2. The end of the swoosh is not glued on. I have only seen that in fake pairs. It could be a factory flaw but I believe they should of caught that, StockX shouldn't have let that pass verification either because if the orange stitching becomes loose the swoosh would detach which I have seen happen on replicas.
3. The two black dots on the right shoe. My pair does have a black dot also but it is small compared those, and I have not seen any other pair with dots.
4. The swoosh on both sneakers are a little more forward then usual.
5. Wings logo imprint on the inside of the flaps is very light.
6. "USA" text is a lot more smudged then regular. My pair also has some letters smudged, and I have seen some others like that.
7. There are 8 horizontal perforations near the wings logo on your pair and on all sides, Its usually 7 for that size. My pair is a size 9 as well and has 7 not 8.
8. The 'A' in "AIR" has a tiny misprint.
9. The perforations around the flaps don't look very straight on two sides.
10. The orange tab on the right shoe is not parallel with the swoosh, its slightly misplaced but it does happen normally.

The best information I have found for legit checking them has been through reddit. There are people who keep up with the replicas and know what to look for.

This guy posted good photos of a legit pair with some comments to legit check them:

This is also a good guide, from reddit:

This pair has similar stitching on the swoosh like yours, but people called this one fake so far:

Last edited:
Thanks for the very detailed reply! So its def not just me thinking something is off with them. I've heard that there'a a lot of variation with authentic UNCs, but I'd just hate to have a questionable pair considering that I paid the StockX resale price. Maybe I'll run them by Round Two as well for an in person check.

Thanks for the very detailed reply! So its def not just me thinking something is off with them. I've heard that there'a a lot of variation with authentic UNCs, but I'd just hate to have a questionable pair considering that I paid the StockX resale price. Maybe I'll run them by Round Two as well for an in person check.

I believe they made these more available then the other two colors and so a lot of variation occurred between pairs. The swoosh not glued on would have bothered me very much, especially after paying resale price. I would definitely get them check by Round Two to get a second opinion on the legitimacy of the sneakers. Please let me know if you do, I am very curious to know if they are real. They vary a lot compared to my pair for the same size.

I believe they made these more available then the other two colors and so a lot of variation occurred between pairs. The swoosh not glued on would have bothered me very much, especially after paying resale price. I would definitely get them check by Round Two to get a second opinion on the legitimacy of the sneakers. Please let me know if you do, I am very curious to know if they are real. They vary a lot compared to my pair for the same size.

So I went to both Round Two and Origins and both shops said they were authentic, but were surprised that StockX would send such a flawed pair. You're absolutely right, apparently there's a ton of variability in the UNCs. That said, I still decided to email StockX and request a return.....they agreed to refund me. Now I'd just feel better going to Flight Club or Stadium Goods where I can look at a pair in person before I buy. Thanks again for your help.

So I went to both Round Two and Origins and both shops said they were authentic, but were surprised that StockX would send such a flawed pair. You're absolutely right, apparently there's a ton of variability in the UNCs. That said, I still decided to email StockX and request a return.....they agreed to refund me. Now I'd just feel better going to Flight Club or Stadium Goods where I can look at a pair in person before I buy. Thanks again for your help.
Thanks for letting me know. I was very unsure if your pair was legit, most of the shoe looked correct and I could not spot any flaws that I knew fakes made for sure, but I could spot so many small differences between my pair and yours. It makes it a lot harder to authenticate a very good fake knowing that there are so many inconsistencies.

Back
Top Bottom