Legit Check for Space Jams XI

hello i'm itzmevu, 
i am new about 11s and done a lot of video comparison of fakes/legit and read some stuff about it. just wanted to ask the experts just to make sure these are legit or not. thanks in advance. 

The shoe actually looks legit imo until you see the 23's they look strecthed but the shoe collar dont look puffy like oher fakes idk OP when in doubt stay away

fake.

apart from the stretched 23s, theres also a widows peak on the PL on the toe.

fake.

apart from the stretched 23s, theres also a widows peak on the PL on the toe.

Legit Space Jams had tiny widows peaks on the toes of the PL. Widows peaks aren't always red flags for Jordan shoes. Some 3's, 4's. 11's and others have them. 1's are the shoes that shouldn't have widows peaks unless they are the older releases like the '01's.

half are saying fakes and half are saying legit lol.

The seller listed this info for the shoes above he's selling on eBay.

"Up for sale a brand new pair of air Jordan 11 Space Jam 2009 release size 8. Shoes are DS conditions. Never worn never touched the ground. Since these are the 2009 edition the soles are a little yellow as you can see from the pics. Shoes have been stored in protective plastic wrap for the past couple of years. "

he also had a picture of the shoes wrapped up but i didn't think it was that important to post it up. The seller is looking at $500 for these. Opinions?

can you guys do another legit check for a separate space jams i was looking into as well? These are used but he's asking for $360. 

OP, both pairs you posted are 100% legit. I have several pairs of Space Jams and created a thread to help people to find authentic pairs.

http://niketalk.com/t/625072/the-2009-retro-space-jam-11s-xi-comparison-of-3-authentic-pairs

23's on these definitely look suspect but these releases were known for having so many flaws. The box and XI covering is correct. Keep in mine these are size 8. Both toe caps have the correct fogginess in them. Fakes have toe caps that are clear to the black PL. Along the sides of the white midsole are visible tiny nipples that these releases were known to have. I haven't seen a fake yet with them.

View media item 1580377
Here is a pair that looks way worse and most people would think are fake but indeed are a legit pair that belongs to someone I know. This goes to show how flawed these releases can sometimes get.

Last edited:
bump.

Thanks for the inputs so far guys, 

want a few more opinions before i cop a pair lol 

Looks fake to me, the yellowing is weird to begin with and the obvious 23 which seems wide and stretched.  To me the clincher is the tongue height.  They look super short and even that pair posted above which might seem fake but are real has much higher tongues and more proper yellowing.  I would stay away

Looks fake to me, the yellowing is weird to begin with and the obvious 23 which seems wide and stretched.  To me the clincher is the tongue height.  They look super short and even that pair posted above which might seem fake but are real has much higher tongues and more proper yellowing.  I would stay away

Yellowing can vary in appearance with different lighting. Those 23's are not stretched but are actually very square shaped. They just appear that way because the factory made a flaw in making the heel tab too small. The tongue is normal height, just appears that way because the shoes are laced all the way to the top.

Yellowing can vary in appearance with different lighting. Those 23's are not stretched but are actually very square shaped. They just appear that way because the factory made a flaw in making the heel tab too small. The tongue is normal height, just appears that way because the shoes are laced all the way to the top.
While you might be right if it walks talks and quacks like a duck I'm not gonna let someone waddle away with my 500 for stuff that looks fake.

While you might be right if it walks talks and quacks like a duck I'm not gonna let someone waddle away with my 500 for stuff that looks fake.

To each his own. I also try to stay away from legit pairs that have aspects of them that would make people think they're fake unless I know I can prove them wrong.

They both legit. PL cuts in the back are usually a red flag. Higher PL cut = fake

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom