Legit Check Jordan 11 Space Jams (2016)

Hey all, these are actually the first pair of DS kicks I've ever bought. I got these on kixify for $239 USD. If they're fakes, they're too good for me to tell never having owned real 11s before. If they are fake, at least I paid PayPal.

Thanks in advanced

Attachments

• box2.jpg
    box2.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 519
  • box3.jpg
    box3.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 528
  • kicks1.jpg
    kicks1.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 523
  • kicks2.jpg
    kicks2.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 525
  • kicks3.jpg
    kicks3.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 529
  • kicks4.jpg
    kicks4.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 591
  • kicks5.jpg
    kicks5.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 598
  • kicks6.jpg
    kicks6.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 584
  • kicks8.jpg
    kicks8.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 564
  • kicks9.jpg
    kicks9.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 552
I dont like how the pl dips as low as it does in the back. I hate saying this but the cut (white liner) is almost too thick on the pl as well. The outsole looks way too blue also. If they have a strong glue smell, thats a bad sign.

IMG_2726.JPG
IMG_2715.JPG
IMG_2718.JPG
IMG_2721.JPG
IMG_2722.JPG
IMG_2723.JPG
IMG_2724.JPG
I have a pair of DS space jams (10.5) and am 99.9% sure they are authentic. I've never unlaced them but after seeing your post and wanting to try and help I decided to unlace and remove the shoe trees. I snapped a few shots of mine and after looking I see similarities. The only real difference I saw was your patent leather looks super wet ( like they were just made as someone else commented ). Take a look and lemme know what you think because I'm not sure which way to lean and I'm usually pretty good with 11's. I also found a few more posts regarding fake vs real.

https://fakeedu.com/air-jordan/jordan-11-retro-space-jam-2016/

https://niketalk.com/threads/legit-check-jordan-11-space-jam-2016.661976/

IMG_2726.JPG
IMG_2715.JPG
IMG_2718.JPG
IMG_2721.JPG
IMG_2722.JPG
IMG_2723.JPG
IMG_2724.JPG
I have a pair of DS space jams (10.5) and am 99.9% sure they are authentic. I've never unlaced them but after seeing your post and wanting to try and help I decided to unlace and remove the shoe trees. I snapped a few shots of mine and after looking I see similarities. The only real difference I saw was your patent leather looks super wet ( like they were just made as someone else commented ). Take a look and lemme know what you think because I'm not sure which way to lean and I'm usually pretty good with 11's. I also found a few more posts regarding fake vs real.

https://fakeedu.com/air-jordan/jordan-11-retro-space-jam-2016/

https://niketalk.com/threads/legit-check-jordan-11-space-jam-2016.661976/
Look at the spacing between the ball of the jumpman to the top of the ankle collar. Yours are about a half inch. Where is his pics are close to 5/8 of an inch. The 45 Jam should be about a half inch. Where as the Concord that just came out is about 5/8s. Looks like the space between on his pair matches the new Concord and it should not.

Wow, thanks a lot guys! I decided to go over them way more thoroughly, and now I'm convinced they're fake.

Since I already got opinions, I'll give full disclosure. If I knew fakes could be so good, I probably wouldn't have bought them. I figured "why would anyone sell fake Jordans over PayPal if they know PayPal will refund the money if they're not legit?"

I guess because fakes are so good most people can hardly tell without serious effort.

I got them from this seller
https://www.kixify.com/kicksacademic
They have quite a bit of feedback and most people say they're legit (except a few). The first warning sign was it took them over a month to ship them out - which I didn't really mind, not gonna wear them in winter anyway. The 2nd was when I realized they actually came from Hong Kong.

The first video I watched was
And the first thing I noticed was that as he says, the lines on the 45 on the fakes are 'running away from each other', which were on my pair. I don't think I've seen a real pair that does that - usually if anything they run closer to each other near the ends.

The second thing I noticed was the tags aren't very well aligned with the 3rd ring, but that could just be QC issues anyway. Same with the carbon fiber, being good on one pair, and the pattern fading out near the edges on the other pair.

After Gregs post, I decided to photograph them in the same angles. I think you're completely right about the spacing of the jumpman. Plus to me, the ankle collar looks quite a bit thicker on mine than in most pictures.

The texture on the toe looks a bit different, BUT looking closer at the label on the inside, look at the "/16" portion of the date. On the left side, there's spacing between the slash and the number. On the right side, the slash is touching the 1. On his label, the spacing looks natural.

Looking further on the inside, it actually looks like the strap holding down the tongue, as well as the tongue both look a little chewed up.

I'm not sure if it can be any indication, but I also included a picture of the insole.

The final thing I think, is the blob of glue on one of the rings in the final picture. ALSO, when I squeeze the shoe in the position of my fingers, you can hear the sound of glue crunching which I also made a video of. I have a feeling on a real pair, you're not going to get a glue crunching sound by squeezing it.

Video of squishy glue crunch:

BTW, I included a blacklight shot as some people say you can use these to tell fakes. It seems the soles don't fluoresce anymore, so it looks like they're getting that right. I assume the tag does on real ones too.

Unless someone thinks these can be normal, I'm going to go with I'm pretty sure about them being fakes.

Thanks again

Attachments

• back1.jpg
    back1.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 134
  • jordan1.jpg
    jordan1.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 142
  • carbon1.jpg
    carbon1.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 133
  • kick11.jpg
    kick11.jpg
    350 KB · Views: 131
  • toe.jpg
    toe.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 126
  • tag16touch.jpg
    tag16touch.jpg
    424.4 KB · Views: 125
  • chewedup.jpg
    chewedup.jpg
    669.4 KB · Views: 139
  • insole1.jpg
    insole1.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 149
  • gluestain.jpg
    gluestain.jpg
    419.2 KB · Views: 2,119
  • blacklight1.jpg
    blacklight1.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 2,121
Look at the spacing between the ball of the jumpman to the top of the ankle collar. Yours are about a half inch. Where is his pics are close to 5/8 of an inch. The 45 Jam should be about a half inch. Where as the Concord that just came out is about 5/8s. Looks like the space between on his pair matches the new Concord and it should not.
Yeah you definitely right. I just pulled out my 2018 Concords to compare against my 2016 jams and there is no doubt a difference. It's a small one but definitely a difference. Thanks for the reply man, learn something new everyday.

Wow, thanks a lot guys! I decided to go over them way more thoroughly, and now I'm convinced they're fake.

Since I already got opinions, I'll give full disclosure. If I knew fakes could be so good, I probably wouldn't have bought them. I figured "why would anyone sell fake Jordans over PayPal if they know PayPal will refund the money if they're not legit?"

I guess because fakes are so good most people can hardly tell without serious effort.

I got them from this seller
https://www.kixify.com/kicksacademic
They have quite a bit of feedback and most people say they're legit (except a few). The first warning sign was it took them over a month to ship them out - which I didn't really mind, not gonna wear them in winter anyway. The 2nd was when I realized they actually came from Hong Kong.

The first video I watched was
And the first thing I noticed was that as he says, the lines on the 45 on the fakes are 'running away from each other', which were on my pair. I don't think I've seen a real pair that does that - usually if anything they run closer to each other near the ends.

The second thing I noticed was the tags aren't very well aligned with the 3rd ring, but that could just be QC issues anyway. Same with the carbon fiber, being good on one pair, and the pattern fading out near the edges on the other pair.

After Gregs post, I decided to photograph them in the same angles. I think you're completely right about the spacing of the jumpman. Plus to me, the ankle collar looks quite a bit thicker on mine than in most pictures.

The texture on the toe looks a bit different, BUT looking closer at the label on the inside, look at the "/16" portion of the date. On the left side, there's spacing between the slash and the number. On the right side, the slash is touching the 1. On his label, the spacing looks natural.

Looking further on the inside, it actually looks like the strap holding down the tongue, as well as the tongue both look a little chewed up.

I'm not sure if it can be any indication, but I also included a picture of the insole.

The final thing I think, is the blob of glue on one of the rings in the final picture. ALSO, when I squeeze the shoe in the position of my fingers, you can hear the sound of glue crunching which I also made a video of. I have a feeling on a real pair, you're not going to get a glue crunching sound by squeezing it.

Video of squishy glue crunch:

BTW, I included a blacklight shot as some people say you can use these to tell fakes. It seems the soles don't fluoresce anymore, so it looks like they're getting that right. I assume the tag does on real ones too.

Unless someone thinks these can be normal, I'm going to go with I'm pretty sure about them being fakes.

Thanks again

Yeah I just pulled all my 11's to squeeze the ankle area and not one pair I have made that crunchy sound. I think you're looking at a refund brother. Fakes really are getting so good that you have to be a detective to know if you have an authentic pair or fakes.

Yeah you definitely right. I just pulled out my 2018 Concords to compare against my 2016 jams and there is no doubt a difference. It's a small one but definitely a difference. Thanks for the reply man, learn something new everyday.
Its no different than with the new Concord. If they have a half inch space, they are not authentic. Should be close to 5/8s. Like the originals in 95.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom