Legit question, How can you not hit the gym at all and be a 20 yr old range male?

I have no plans on becoming anything near jacked, but I still lift weight 5 days a week. I'm only 150 lbs by the way, at 5'10''.

Just because you're thin doesn't mean you're fit. I see 'fit' looking cats trying to see me on the treadmill all the time (male competition syndrome) and can't even hang for 2 minutes.

I SMH at every time I think of the time frame where I stopped going to the gym for about a year and just let Gold's hit me up on the monthly for the fee.

16 and I hit the Gym three times a week.

Yeah, Ima get my head start, too many bonuses too miss out on.
pimp.gif

not being able to gain weight is a blessing and a curse. it's hard as hell for me to put on weight by lifting. on the other hand, i can eat without too much consequence physically.

i do feel it's important to maintain cardiovascular health though. your arteries can still get clogged up even if you're skinny on the outside. plus a healthy cardiovascular system gives you a lot of natural energy throughout the day. i found that after consistently jogging, i could wake up without much effort than before.

i play soccer 3 - 4 times a week. i try to eat pretty well. i eat alot of fruit and generally have well balanced meals with some fast food/junk mixed in here and there. i am planning on one day getting serious about the gym and getting into a workout routine with a nutrition plan. but in the mean time im okay with being a college kid, living mostly healthy besides all the drugs and alcohol.

For me, it's a time/money thing...

When I get off work, it's usually around 1:00PM and I always tell myself I'm gonna bring a change of clothes so I can go hop on the treadmill and do a mile and a half or so, but I never bring my stuff and my job is half way between my house and my friends house where I use the treadmill at. So I dont ever want to waste gas on going back home to get my stuff then driving back to her house to hop on the treadmill and driving back home. I just have to start remembering to bring my stuff and a bottle of water to take with me every day. I dont have much time to get in a hard core workout every day because I work full time and in between work, I go to school and I want to use my time for misc. stuff like family/friends/girlfriend, so yeah... It's a conscious decision that I make, but I'll get that in order soon. When I get my money situation right around May a lot of things will be a lot easier for me to do... This included. And before you say "go outside and jog." I'ma say... No.

Your financial situation can dictate a lot.

Most of my friends don't go to gym regularly. I'm the only one that really keeps going there month after month.

i work a lot and have 2 kids.... i watch my son when i wake up... feed him, chill with him for a bit about 1/2 hour, take a shower eat, then its time to pick up my daughter from school.... help her do home work, get her a snack.... then its time for me to make my lunch for work... off to work i go for 12hrs....

i used to be in the gym heavy but not really anymore. It takes a certain mindset to do that type of thing everyday and i jus dont have it right now. I would like to get back at it tho.

Also, that question is hypocritical in a sense.

"How can you spend so much time on the internet and at the gym when you could be somewhere gettin your hustle on to stack so you can be comfortable in your 30's?"

There are plenty of legit answers to both questions and neither is right or wrong.

Different story if you would have said something like "looking out for your health is an important habit to start while you're young (so it doesnt catch up to you later on.)" or something like that. Sounds less arrogant and rhetorical. The way you phrased it made it look like "I'm better than you because..."

Just my thoughts...

I'm addicated to the changes I see in my body . So I love going . Almost reached my most recent goal of hitting 190 at 5'11
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TheSwoosh

Having a child will keep nearly anyone home and out of shape. I use to go snowboarding 50+ times a season and be able to hike an for a hour in deep snow, not I'm happy to ride a char life and stay in bounds.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
Who are you telling man I signed up for the gym in January I was able to go for about 2 to 3 weeks than my son got sick, than the blizzard hit d.c., and now my son doesn't sleep much at night so I'm always too tired.

I'm going to the gym right now.
when i wake up eat breakfast then gym, 5 days a week for an hour.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Also, that question is hypocritical in a sense.

"How can you spend so much time on the internet and at the gym when you could be somewhere gettin your hustle on to stack so you can be comfortable in your 30's?"

There are plenty of legit answers to both questions and neither is right or wrong.

Different story if you would have said something like "looking out for your health is an important habit to start while you're young (so it doesnt catch up to you later on.)" or something like that. Sounds less arrogant and rhetorical. The way you phrased it made it look like "I'm better than you because..."

Just my thoughts...
FAIL

maybe you feel hurt, i still feel its a legit question you should be in the best shape in your 20s.

also yea thats nice an all you have family/friends/school/job.........HOW IS YOUR HEALTH NOT IMPORTANT?

this is my legit question, so many people
"How can you spend so much time on the internet and at the gym when youcould be somewhere gettin your hustle on to stack so you can becomfortable in your 30's?
thats a BS excuse.

1. yes i do love money, yes i do love NT. im on NT on days off or down time, mornin or late night before bed. im a regular poster an i use the internet for way more than just NT.
2. live comfortable? sorry dude but health is just as important as money my point is, if you get into now itll def benefit you in the long run an wont be as hard.
youre a perfect example...........if you REALLy wanted to yes that lil jog around the neighborhood or quick sprints on your street, things in your home/apt are better than nothing.

i said if you dont go to the gym do you do something else besides?

Different story if you would have said something like "looking out foryour health is an important habit to start while you're young (so itdoesnt catch up to you later on.)" or something like that. Sounds lessarrogant and rhetorical. The way you phrased it made it look like "I'mbetter than you because..."

I already made it clear on page one looking out for your health, i dont see how i came off %+$ "im better than you" anywhere

i just feel your tryna make up an excuse for you bein out of shape. even if you got 6 classes and work 40 hrs you can still do something. i worked/commuted to college an done slave labor at UPS while maintanin friends/girl etc. of course workouts werent as good back then but you just make an effort according to your schedule. nobody tellin you be there all day or look like NFL player, so yes this thread is about overall health/physical activity and at the prime ages of 20 i said your better off at 30+ if it try an live active an somewhat healthy now.

for those who got a lil baby thats different ATL you gotta kid? and for those with lil kids im sure you want them to be active kids growin up so itll all come later on. i cant imagine you NTrs with kids lettin them eat w/e not takin them out to the park, lil league etc. on some im too busy, tryna get money to live comfortable later. life is all about balance.

ATLien you playin yourself with gas money excuse, an you must have missed other things i already posted in here like this.
I just have to start remembering to bring my stuff and a bottle ofwater to take with me every day. I dont have much time to get in a hardcore workout every day because I work full time
sounds like a GREAT idea, an where did i say you need to get a hardcore workout every day?
Research has confirmed you’ll hit your sexual peak when you’re 18, yourmetabolism, muscle mass and deep sleep will start going into a tailspinby your mid-20s, and your bone density, cholesterol, blood pressure,and organs will all become major concerns by time you’re 50. Giventhese somewhat daunting milestones, it’s reasonable to suggest you’llhit your physical peak between the ages of 28 and 35.
"Physical activity is important for protecting against a large number of chronic diseases, including cardiovascular disease, some cancer, diabetes, even some cognitive disorders,"

again i still fail to see how this was a "i am better than you thread"

Checking in.

22 don't go to the gym. I used to play volleyball for my university. I'm far too lazy to go do anything active on my own. Also, 6' and 175lbs woo

Im 24 and ive been hitting the gym since i was 20. I dunno...I guess i just felt the need for it.

Ayo Audi, Im trying to start eating healthier.
I go into that workout thread you dudes have to look up some tips and stuff, but theres so much info in there I dont even know where to start.
I also find that so many "gym buffs" always have such contradicting advice on the same questions.
Any advice or at least a place for a begginer to start getting some answers?

Back
Top Bottom