Legit question, How can you not hit the gym at all and be a 20 yr old range male?

I did the whole bulking phase a year ago and gained pounds, and strength from that. Being ectomorph (skinny) and then gaining weight can help your confidence. Not only does it assist in the gym, but in the work place, school, etc.. being able to get through long days are nothing testosterone.

I am 24...I played football my whole live, high school and college. I stopped working out for about a year after my senior of college...And just felt lazy. So about a year and a half ago i started running everyday(first day i started running i ran 2.6 miles in 30 minutes), now I run at least 7.5 miles in an hour 5 to 6 days a week. Its  about motivation, i have a full time job working 40 plus a week, but working out is a great outlet for stress and it keeps your sleep schedule on track...

I play basketball at the Y...haven't touched weights since HS

Some of yall dudes don't hit the gym for health reason just to take pics in the mirror with your shirt off...

If you had time to watch tv or even post in this thread, you had time to do like 20 push ups. I don't have a gym membership, but I try to do sets of push ups and pull ups whenever I'm not doing anything at the house.

I was a defensive back in high school and was in pretty good shape with a lot of muscle mass. Went to college this past year and i still go to the gym and workout hard but my eating habits are terrible. Need to seriously put down the fast food/soda

Originally Posted by Executive76

I play basketball at the Y...haven't touched weights since HS

Some of yall dudes don't hit the gym for health reason just to take pics in the mirror with your shirt off...
Does it not accomplish the same goal though. Any reason to get to the gym is a good reason in my book

I'm 21 6'0 and about 150lbs. I have been hittin the gym but I don't have much of an appetite I guess thats why I'm bony and seeing no results
smh.gif

Originally Posted by jhobson5

I am 24...I played football my whole live, high school and college. I stopped working out for about a year after my senior of college...And just felt lazy. So about a year and a half ago i started running everyday(first day i started running i ran 2.6 miles in 30 minutes), now I run at least 7.5 miles in an hour 5 to 6 days a week. Its  about motivation, i have a full time job working 40 plus a week, but working out is a great outlet for stress and it keeps your sleep schedule on track...
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by MF Doomer

I did the whole bulking phase a year ago and gained pounds, and strength from that. Being ectomorph (skinny) and then gaining weight can help your confidence. Not only does it assist in the gym, but in the work place, school, etc.. being able to get through long days are nothing testosterone.

word.

my swagger is consistently off the charts

i use to litteraly run 3 to 4 miles 5 days a week for about 1 year and a half
and i can honestly say i was in the best shape of my life
2 years later and about 200 blunts later
i regret falling off but hey i aint trippin
ill try to get back were i was physically
i just want to do it for my health. 

i would say that I exercise a decent amount during the week, and feel like I'm in amazing shape. Of course, this also has to do with my diet, as I'm a very picky eater, and don't touch things like soda, fast food, red meat, etc.

but, the whole concept of going to a gym as a form of your received exercise is quite pathetic. Exercise should be an unconscious effort--say, taking the stairs instead of an elevator, or jogging to work/school instead of driving. You want to make exercise something you do in the process of doing something else. Any other way, and you may get a. addicted to it, or b. tired of it. But, who am I to speak--I frequent the gym when I can. I just think it's pathetic that our society has made it so that we have to set outside time to receive this health benefit. Exercise is should just another healthy side effect of a well lived life.

Moreover, there really is no reason not to be in good shape. Everything becomes easier when you do--from breathing, to focusing on homework. Its benefits are limitless.

im 20..and its a combination of me having a high matabolism..so i can eat a ton and not gain weight + working full time + going to school + me not giving a $+!@ b/c im in shape=me not going to the gym

Originally Posted by tony AYOOO

im 20..and its a combination of me having a high matabolism..so i can eat a ton and not gain weight + working full time + going to school + me not giving a $+!@ b/c im in shape=me not going to the gym
THIS! Just started workin out again and it feels good.

5'11 142 lbs
need to eat atleast every hour though a snack or something to grub on.
Eat about 6 actual meals a day. with snacks in between.
don't really exercise but i will since summers coming. mainly workout.
i have a high metabolism i believe.
only exercise so far is throwing the footbal for about 30 mins once a week (usually saturday) when i see my homeboy or cousin.
but i'ma start soon though.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by jhobson5

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

its not that much i run about 4 miles in 30 mins

22, been going to the gym for the past 4 1/2 years 3 or 4 times a week. Working out is the second best feeling in the world to me.
pimp.gif

Just regained strength in my legs not too long ago.. Dont have a gym around in my current location but I get my exercise hiking and what not..

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. I been tyrin to get into the swing of things w/ the gym I just be too tired to go. Since I'm still in school and got my daughter while her moms in class, I don't find the time. I need to be more motivated tho. Havin kids and a PS3 will make u lazy. I'm 6'3" 180lbs and I'm the laziest skinny person I know
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom