Legit question, How can you not hit the gym at all and be a 20 yr old range male?

al audi

Banned
For those who dont go to the gym do you at least stay active in another way or what do you do?

stayin in shape along with healthy diet can make or break you 30yr+

Different story if you would have said something like "looking out foryour health is an important habit to start while you're young (so itdoesnt catch up to you later on.)" or something like that. Sounds lessarrogant and rhetorical. The way you phrased it made it look like "I'mbetter than you because..."

quoted from ATLien Seeko

True, im 18 and ive been hitting my school weight room the past year cause i couldnt get a gym membership, now im looking to get one, any reccomendations?

im 23 and i have a home gym... i need to start using it though
smh.gif
this week im hitting it hard body, and im going to start jogging, i need to get right for this summer

ROFL at Gym Jones. My dude Gymmy.
pimp.gif

I used to be a fatty and I joined the gym the first year of college with the homies. I wasn't motivated because it was hard, for a lack of better words. I'll do the 10 mins on the gym or whatever and lift around randomly for 20 mins and call it a day. I'll do this 3-4 days a week, on a good week. My diet was the worst at the time. First year of college was free time AKA Denny's and fast food at the early morning hours all the time.

Now at the age of 24, I can't go more than 48 hours without doing some sort of physical activity. The results became addicting. I was never able to run a mile under 10 mins before. I was never able to do pull ups before. The best I did was about 5-7 push ups...now I can almost hit 50 without stopping.

23 don't go to the gym. 2 years ago i used to ball every single day to stay in shape, then i stopped. Thinkin' about joining a gym soon though, I def need to!

I def hit the gym, I don't see results but my friends and family do. I'm trying to gain mass, muscle, and eventually strength. I'm currently 5' 7" 145lbs.

since I quit drinking and recreational drugs, I goto the gym 4-5 times a week ...

I didnt used to go cause I didnt have any money. Broker than broke. But now I'm back in the gym
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

ROFL at Gym Jones. My dude Gymmy.
pimp.gif

I used to be a fatty and I joined the gym the first year of college with the homies. I wasn't motivated because it was hard, for a lack of better words. I'll do the 10 mins on the gym or whatever and lift around randomly for 20 mins and call it a day. I'll do this 3-4 days a week, on a good week. My diet was the worst at the time. First year of college was free time AKA Denny's and fast food at the early morning hours all the time.

Now at the age of 24, I can't go more than 48 hours without doing some sort of physical activity. The results became addicting. I was never able to run a mile under 10 mins before. I was never able to do pull ups before. The best I did was about 5-7 push ups...now I can almost hit 50 without stopping.
I know I heard it before but props man.  I definitely need to start working out or at least some cardio but I need to be motivated.  I'm at the point of my life where I'm even lazy taking the bus anymore when I was younger in my teens I would walk miles anywhere.  I just turned 21 and in the worst shape of my life, I need to get motivated and in shape before summer

don't gym...prolly should during the winter cuz the only real activity i get in is hockey every once in a while. During the summer though, I hoop, longboard so i get quite a bit of activity.

i'm a skinny guy, not really looking to get muscular or tone, so i don't worry about needed to lift weights as my exercise.

i don't go to the gym and i paid $300 for my 2-year 24-hr membership.

i am 5'10 and 135lbs.

i just don't feel like it. jogging around my neighborhood when i need to is enough for my cardiovascular health. i don't care about muscles.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

don't gym...prolly should during the winter cuz the only real activity i get in is hockey every once in a while. During the summer though, I hoop, longboard so i get quite a bit of activity.

i'm a skinny guy, not really looking to get muscular or tone, so i don't worry about needed to lift weights as my exercise.

do you eat good though, ive met a lot of skinny people who eat w/e, itll get you down the road all im sayin.

Research has confirmed you’ll hit your sexual peak when you’re 18, yourmetabolism, muscle mass and deep sleep will start going into a tailspinby your mid-20s, and your bone density, cholesterol, blood pressure,and organs will all become major concerns by time you’re 50. Giventhese somewhat daunting milestones, it’s reasonable to suggest you’llhit your physical peak between the ages of 28 and 35.
i mean really its just as important as gettin money an grindin which is a big part of a lot of NT mindset. how you gonna enjoy that when you feelin tired an beat later on?

i am 5'10 and 135lbs.

i just don't feel like it. jogging around my neighborhood when i needto is enough for my cardiovascular health. i don't care about muscles.
riiiiiiiiiiiiiight because stayin active is just about muscles?

well you answered my question at least you jog from time to time. there you go.

If you cant get to a gym, run or do some push ups and sit ups at home at least. takes about 20 min max

I feel like that now, I'm in such +%+*#$ shape and it really brings me down mentally where as 2 years ago I was always up and ready to do whatever. Being fit makes you feel better about everything in your life, at least for me. I need to get my !+% back into being productive and stop being such a slouch.

Having a child will keep nearly anyone home and out of shape. I use to go snowboarding 50+ times a season and be able to hike an for a hour in deep snow, not I'm happy to ride a char life and stay in bounds.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

i am 5'10 and 135lbs.

i just don't feel like it. jogging around my neighborhood when i need to is enough for my cardiovascular health. i don't care about muscles.

eek.gif

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

i am 5'10 and 135lbs.

Eat a couple donuts or something man.

19 years old
working full time
going to school full time

pretty much all you can do is eat right and pray you have a fast metabolism

During the school year I don't go to the gym that much or anything. I probably could if I didn't procrastinate all of my college homework
smh.gif
During the summer I play baseball and basketball, golf, and hit the gym. I'm also outside 40 hrs a week for my job which gives me a workout too. Only 2 months until freedom...

Just cause you don't weigh a lot doesn't mean you don't eat. Metabolism man, I can drink a case of beers and make a midnight run to Taco Bell and not weigh a pound more the next day. And that's not a once a week thing lol.

i skate and ride my bike instead of going to the gym, those arent the best ways to stay active but i havent gained weight or anything.

although i would like to start doing some excercises to get some kind of muscle tone.

Back
Top Bottom