Let’s be real about racism

Discussion in 'General' started by guppetto, Mar 1, 2009.

1. guppetto

guppetto

Here is a great really short excerpt on our new president and the effect he's having on some people that would prefer not to submit to the leadership ofan African American. For Example, how can Rush Limbaugh get on TV and openly say, and I quote, "I want him to fail." If our elected officials fail,we all go down with them.

http://mysixcents.wordpress.com/2009/03/02/lets-be-real-about-racism/

Preview: "Just as I predicted, now that we have a black president, the racially motivated comics and jabs have been flowing in non-stop. And just as Iexpected people are getting up in arms about things that, in my opinion, really don't matter that much. Here are just a few notable examples."

[​IMG]

2. nktran001

nktran001

Let's not.

3. thizzbaby

thizzbaby Banned

Banned.

4. northparkblind

northparkblind

I get made fun of everyday at school because i'm Asian.

And the people who "tries" to make fun of me saying all this crap about

how racism is no more because of Barack Obama... [​IMG]

5. mr whomp whomp

mr whomp whomp

racism isn't going anywhere anytime soon

6. the north west

the north west

you better join one of those Asian gangs then

I heard you get mad respect if you do

7. the yes guy

the yes guy

Rush Limbaugh says that because he is a Conservative talking head who hates anything Democratic, not because of Obama's race. If Clinton had won he wouldsay the exact same thing. But would you call sexism?

8. h3h45

h3h45

yeah dem Asian gangs[​IMG]

i always though northparkkid was white[​IMG]... team metal head[​IMG]

9. tbone95860

tbone95860

I hope Obama fails too.

And it has nothing to do with racism or wanting the country to fail.

I just don't want him to pass things like national health care, shut down Guantanamo, letting the borders be open, passing that terrible stimulus, raisingtaxes (especially on the rich), putting in place gun control laws that are way too extreme, and the list goes on and on and on....

^I (just like Rush) want all of those things to FAIL..... which was Rush's point..... which is my point.

So in that case, I hope Obama fails.

10. guppetto

guppetto

Yeah, but what other on air person can make such a statement and keep their job. You can say he sucks, you can say I think he's been a failure even thoughhe's only been in office for 30 days, but how can you say you want the guy to fail while claiming you love America. It defies all common sense. Rush isexactly the guy to put the final nail in the coffin of the GOP! I hope he becomes their mouthpiece, so that every day we get another embarrassing spectacle.

11. mangudai954

mangudai954

First off why do you always post in big letters..

Anyway

12. randomhero1985

randomhero1985

Racism will always be around. Just be the first to think of a funny racist joke and you'll have the upper hand.

13. guppetto

guppetto

That's kind of like saying if he doesn't follow a path I believe in I hope it all falls apart. [​IMG] There are many paths to a better America. The path you're describing aboveis eerily similar to the one we've been following for the past 8 years. How successful has that path been? We're the most hated country in the world,our economy is in shambles, and we're still fighting two wars. I' think a new approach is warranted based upon the past results we've seen.

14. de phx jose

de phx jose Banned

If you believe in "race", you're racist.

15. guppetto

guppetto

If you're from the South and you're Baptist, does that make you a Southern Baptist? [​IMG][​IMG]

16. abeautifulhaze

abeautifulhaze

Tbone is unpatriotic.

17. shatterkneesinc

shatterkneesinc Banned

you are not metal enough

18. carminepower

carminepower

This is sad. You realize that if he fails, the country fails? And more Americans will suffer? No supposed "patriot" would hope thattheir country fails just so they can say "I told you so".

19. eezyveezy20

eezyveezy20

^well said

20. guppetto

guppetto

Some people are underestimating how bad things could become if our newly elected officials fail at helping getting our economy restarted. Half of us could beout of work (employment crisis), half at war (military crisis), half homeless (mortgage crisis), and the other half one cold\flu from bankruptcy (health carecrisis). Politics is really a conflict of rich and poor not Democrat or Republican.

21. tbone95860

tbone95860

Nail in the coffin? [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] How about no. The GOP is going absolutely nowhere. ESPECIALLY after this economy doesn't recover after the STUPID decisions Obama has already madeand will continue to make economically.
    And the people voted for it...... and they're getting their chance....... so we'll see what happens. What's yourpoint???
    Not everyone believes the way you do fam...... Obama only got like 54% of the vote....... that means a LOT of people agree with my thoughts.

22. tbone95860

tbone95860

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I'm more patriotic then you could ever dream to be.

23. tbone95860

tbone95860

That's absolutely not true. You are completely wrong.

I don't/didn't want his economic stimulus package to pass......... in other words FAIL........ because his stimulus package I believe will be theREASON for our country failing.
    I don't want him to close Gantanamo............. in other words that policy FAIL.......... because if he closes it...... HE will be the reason we fail,helping lead to more attacks upon the USA.
    I don't want him to have open borders........... in other words his border policy to FAIL/want the opposite of what he wants........... because if HE getshis way we will FAIL more economically because of how much illegal immigrants cost us economically (do some homework on it)
    I don't want him to suceed in his tax policies........ I want his policies to FAIL............. because if he passes his higher taxes on the rich....... HEwill be the reason our economy FAILS even more.

So how am I hoping our country fails????????

I'm hoping he fails so our country WINS!

24. abeautifulhaze

abeautifulhaze

25. tbone95860

tbone95860

[​IMG]

How dumb are you?

Learn how to read fam........

Or maybe you're so simple minded you don't even understand simple concepts.... like the fact that not EVERYTHING HE DOES will work.