Let’s be real about racism

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Originally Posted by xzstrikaxz

T-bone.. I can see the point you are trying to make, but speaking of illegal immigration, if it cost the country so much, don't you think a system to create working permits for illegal aliens would helpful?, as they would be required to pay taxes and it can only result in more revenue for the country. The fact of the matter is, there is little the government can do in terms of illegal immigrants in the country, then why not just create a system that would bring these people out of the shadows, if not to help families pursue the same dream we all are, then to help the economy in this time of crisis.
Well in reality.... our government right now is doing practically nothing.... Republicans AND Democrats in terms of illegal immigration.
We need serious immigration reform.

The measures and right way to go about it I think should be up for debate and there are definitely things we could potentially agree on or disagree on...... but either way I'd like for SOMETHING to be done.

yeah i definitely agree that something needs to be done because it is obvious that the way to solve a problem is not by ignoring it.

People see someone like me or Rush....
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Some of you might not know that AFTER Bill Clinton got elected... in the 1st congressional elections AFTER he was in office the REPUBLICANS won a HUGE amount of seats in the senate and in the house.
eek.gif
@ ths little know political gems?...EEKKK

Where do you find these hidden morsels of info, which are hidden from us mere mortals?

This man is a bastion of intellect and upstanding character....We are not worthy..

34fo2h5.gif

Isn't this stimulus plan the 2009 equivalent of the "New Deal" set forth by FDR during the Great depression??

yeah nationalized healtcare will suck for all those that have been paying for it, its basically giving all the unemployed lazy folk the benefit of the doubtwith everything. now, i can totally see giving healthcare to someone that was layed off, but not to those that take advantage of the system.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

So if you want all of that stuff...why would you make a bombastic and idiotic statement like "I hope Obama fails". Why wouldn't you say that you disagree with your President's stimulus proposal and you have doubt on its effectiveness but you hope that it succeeds. That what an intelligent, patriotic, unprejudiced person would say...but your head is so full of vitriol, irresponsible rhetoric and prejudice that you would make a statement that " I hope Obama FAILS" and attempt to defend it, while only making yourself look stupider in the process.
See that's the whole thing.....
People see someone like me or Rush say the words "we hope he fails" and are like
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

But if you actually understand the CONTEXT if what he said (he said it as part of a whole monologue of things just like I've laid out) or I say..... then it makes sense considering Conservatives and Liberals think TOTALLY differently.

But the MEDIA wants Rush to look like such a terrible person & paint him as something really bad
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
(by taking his words out of context)

I'm not "attempting to defend it"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I still hope he fails...... why would I want him to pass all of HIS BELIEFS..... why would I want him to pass things like legalize gay marriage, close Guantanamo, put in place certain gun control measures, waste $ on global warming when I don't think it's real, potentially pass measures to make millions of illegal immigrants citizens when they didn't wait in line like all of the people who are doing it the right way......... etc etc etc
He dang well better fail in all that stuff......... if he doesn't, I'll be sorely disappointed
tired.gif

But the beautiful thing is that in our country we are a DEMOCRACY where Republicans and Democrats constantly switch places.

Some of you might not know that AFTER Bill Clinton got elected... the economy wasn't doing so hot.... the Democratic Party image was suffering..... and in the 1st congressional elections AFTER he was in office the REPUBLICANS won a HUGE amount of seats in the senate and in the house.

See I have one real major problem with the line of thinking you've presented; We've see it's results for the past 12 years in Congress and the past8 years in the White House and these conservative ideas have been a complete failure on all fronts. They've led us to the brink of another Depression inthe Areas of War, Housing, Jobs, Education, and Healthcare. Explain how the fruits of these ideas have been good for America and how they're helping ustoday.

Originally Posted by ThizzBaby

yeah nationalized healtcare will suck for all those that have been paying for it, its basically giving all the unemployed lazy folk the benefit of the doubt with everything. now, i can totally see giving healthcare to someone that was layed off, but not to those that take advantage of the system.
What?????

This is by far the weakest argument I have ever heard. The lazy folk? What about the people who work 2 jobs and still cannot afford to take their children tothe doctor because they're on a fixed income?? Some of you people really are disgusting. Its about helping your fellow man when they are in need, itisn't about "He's lazy, lets just let him die!"

The ignorance and selfishness that some people in this country have infuriates me.

1. Universal Health Care = quality of health care will be worse.... lines will be way longer.... it'll cost the government way too much money.... and it'll give the government too much power

explain please (underlined).

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

1. Universal Health Care = quality of health care will be worse.... lines will be way longer.... it'll cost the government way too much money.... and it'll give the government too much power

I think he wants us to go to a "friendly conservative website" to read up some more because clearly he has no original ideas, he justspews what he's heard Rush say today.

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

I think he wants us to go to a "friendly conservative website" to read up some more because clearly he has no original ideas, he just spews what he's heard Rush say today.
not just rush limbaugh, everybody that regularly appears on fox news also

There's more racism against Asians than Blacks in some parts of the country. Real talk.

Originally Posted by sStutter

There's more racism against Asians than Blacks in some parts of the country. Real talk.
lets not make this into a "who has it worse contest" so just edit your post & we can pretend that it never happened. but FTR thasnot true in the least bit

Originally Posted by ericberry14

ok but the thing is you should want them to succeed, because if they do succeed it will help all of america. So if Obama's policies do indeed succed then it will also benefit you, so i dont understand why you would want it to fail. That is like saying you want this recession to go on longer & be much worse. I can understand the fact that you dont agree with what he is doing, but you should want them to succeed nonetheless because it will help you if it does succeed. Its like you're hoping for failure just because he's a democrat & you're a republican
That's not the case though.....
I said IF the stimulus plan & his other economic plans work.... which to me is a HUGE IF...... then I'd be happy.... shoot it'd help me out!

But at the same time, only to a certain extent..... because the fact remains that I just don't want it to fail cuz he's a Democrat....
It's the PRINCIPLES behind it....... I don't like the fact that he's spending so much money. I don't think we should be spending that much $& I didn't like when Bush did it and other Republicans as well. In addition, it gives the government too much power that they don't deserve sincethey are HARDLY good at anything anyway. The people of America are what have made it so great. I'd rather the people have the power rather then spendingtons & tons of money for the government's use. I believe in capitalism more so then having these huge stimulus bills and what not.

Furthermore.... here's an example of a reason I disagree with lets say higher taxes on the rich.....
We're raising higher taxes to generate revenue and decrease the debt right?
But we just passed this HUGE stimulus by Obama and the stimulus under Bush spending tons of money...... but if we don't pass those, the debt isn't aslarge.
Also if you raise taxes on the rich...... they are going to have less money to spend and want to spend less money...... meaning less money they spend INTO theeconomy.... making it worse. In addition, if they have less money that means less money they can PAY to their employees.... meaning they have to FIREemployees.... and unemployment increases.

lets not make this into a "who has it worse contest" so just edit your post & we can pretend that it never happened. but FTR thas not true in the least bit
Good point. I wasn't trying to make it into a "who has it worst contest" but merely making an observation. But yes, it is true.

ok but the thing is you should want them to succeed, because if they do succeed it will help all of america. So if Obama's policies do indeed succed then it will also benefit you, so i dont understand why you would want it to fail. That is like saying you want this recession to go on longer & be much worse. I can understand the fact that you dont agree with what he is doing, but you should want them to succeed nonetheless because it will help you if it does succeed. Its like you're hoping for failure just because he's a democrat & you're a republican
That's not the case though.....
I said IF the stimulus plan & his other economic plans work.... which to me is a HUGE IF...... then I'd be happy.... shoot it'd help me out!

But at the same time, only to a certain extent..... because the fact remains that I just don't want it to fail cuz he's a Democrat....
It's the PRINCIPLES behind it....... I don't like the fact that he's spending so much money. I don't think we should be spending that much $ & I didn't like when Bush did it and other Republicans as well. In addition, it gives the government too much power that they don't deserve since they are HARDLY good at anything anyway. The people of America are what have made it so great. I'd rather the people have the power rather then spending tons & tons of money for the government's use. I believe in capitalism more so then having these huge stimulus bills and what not.

Furthermore.... here's an example of a reason I disagree with lets say higher taxes on the rich.....
We're raising higher taxes to generate revenue and decrease the debt right?
But we just passed this HUGE stimulus by Obama and the stimulus under Bush spending tons of money...... but if we don't pass those, the debt isn't as large.
Also if you raise taxes on the rich...... they are going to have less money to spend and want to spend less money...... meaning less money they spend INTO the economy.... making it worse. In addition, if they have less money that means less money they can PAY to their employees.... meaning they have to FIRE employees.... and unemployment increases.
ok i get what you're saying now. you dont actually want it to fail or anything like that, you just disagre with the principles behind it.

but about the government spending thing, in this situation it seems like we're stuck between a rock & a hard place. if we do spend then we justincrease the debt with no guarantee that it will help the situation. If we dont spend then we dont increase the debt, but it still might not help the situation& will likely make it worse by not doing anything. this is one of those cases where we have to pick the lesser of two evils

lets not make this into a "who has it worse contest" so just edit your post & we can pretend that it never happened. but FTR thas not true in the least bit
Good point. I wasn't trying to make it into a "who has it worst contest" but merely making an observation. But yes, it is true.
explain the rationale behind that statement. or you could PM me about it so this doesnt take over the thread.

Originally Posted by Guppetto

See I have one real major problem with the line of thinking you've presented; We've see it's results for the past 12 years in Congress and the past 8 years in the White House and these conservative ideas have been a complete failure on all fronts. They've led us to the brink of another Depression in the Areas of War, Housing, Jobs, Education, and Healthcare. Explain how the fruits of these ideas have been good for America and how they're helping us today.
That's simply not true.
It's way way more complicated then that.
And if you think it's simply 100% because of conservative ideas...... you will be rudely awaken by the next 4 years.

Government isn't what made this country what it is today.
People are the reason America is the greatest nation in the world.
The type of government, Democracy, has give then individual people of our nation the opportunity to make it so great.
Also if you want to count on government for everything you will be sorely disappointed.

Oh and at the Fox News jabs..........

I could say the same thing about ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, NY Times, Huffington Post, etc etc etc

1. ok i get what you're saying now. you dont actually want it to fail or anything like that, you just disagre with the principles behind it.

2. but about the government spending thing, in this situation it seems like we're stuck between a rock & a hard place. if we do spend then we just increase the debt with no guarantee that it will help the situation. If we dont spend then we dont increase the debt, but it still might not help the situation & will likely make it worse by not doing anything. this is one of those cases where we have to pick the lesser of two evils
1. Indeed.... conservatives & liberals view things differently.... just like liberals disagree with the notion that tax cutsare big part of economic stimulus
2. I do agree in large part..... Bill O' Riley, yes that Bill, agrees exactly with what you just said.... what you said is what he says pretty much.However, I'm just a little more weary of passing such a HUGE bill with that much spending and it going against some of the things I believe in.

The type of government, Democracy, has give then individual people of our nation the opportunity to make it so great.
Also if you want to count on government for everything you will be sorely disappointed.

But the fact that our healthcare system is clearly outdated is a sure sign that we need reform in this country. When millions are uninsured it is a hugeproblem, and with our economy heading south that number will only get larger. Something needs to be done, and if its giving government more power and theability for 50 million people to get the care that they need at the expense of raising my taxes than I am all for it.

1. ok i get what you're saying now. you dont actually want it to fail or anything like that, you just disagre with the principles behind it.

2. but about the government spending thing, in this situation it seems like we're stuck between a rock & a hard place. if we do spend then we just increase the debt with no guarantee that it will help the situation. If we dont spend then we dont increase the debt, but it still might not help the situation & will likely make it worse by not doing anything. this is one of those cases where we have to pick the lesser of two evils
1. Indeed.... conservatives & liberals view things differently.... just like liberals disagree with the notion that tax cuts are big part of economic stimulus
2. I do agree in large part..... Bill O' Riley, yes that Bill, agrees exactly with what you just said.... what you said is what he says pretty much. However, I'm just a little more weary of passing such a HUGE bill with that much spending and it going against some of the things I believe in.
we agree on the second point. there really is not right decision in this situation no matter how you spin it. But i too am extremely weary ofspending that kind of money without a guarantee that goes along with it.

just something to add politics wise, if im not mistaken i believe in january 2001 when clinton left office, we were in a surplus.
hmmm where did all that money go??

1. Indeed.... conservatives & liberals view things differently.... just like liberals disagree with the notion that tax cuts are big part of economic stimulus
2. I do agree in large part..... Bill O' Riley, yes that Bill, agrees exactly with what you just said.... what you said is what he says pretty much. However, I'm just a little more weary of passing such a HUGE bill with that much spending and it going against some of the things I believe in.
we agree on the second point. there really is not right decision in this situation no matter how you spin it. But i too am extremely weary of spending that kind of money without a guarantee that goes along with it.
Exactly.... what if this stimulus plan & raising taxes don't work...... then we just spent ALL this money under Bush'splan & Obama's new plan driving us farther into debt & spending/making all this money?

It's going to be ugly.

But the fact that our healthcare system is clearly outdated is a sure sign that we need reform in this country. When millions are uninsured it is a huge problem, and with our economy heading south that number will only get larger. Something needs to be done, and if its giving government more power and the ability for 50 million people to get the care that they need at the expense of raising my taxes than I am all for it.

Reform.... sure I can agree with that.
Everyone? No.
And giving everyone health care in the middle of a recession...... won't happen.... you won't be able to pay for it.

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

just something to add politics wise, if im not mistaken i believe in january 2001 when clinton left office, we were in a surplus.
hmmm where did all that money go??
Well the war(s) have played a large part in the deficit.... that being said Bush spent WAY too much money. Which I don'tapprove of, and is not a Conservative principle.

But the fact that our healthcare system is clearly outdated is a sure sign that we need reform in this country. When millions are uninsured it is a huge problem, and with our economy heading south that number will only get larger. Something needs to be done, and if its giving government more power and the ability for 50 million people to get the care that they need at the expense of raising my taxes than I am all for it.
Reform.... sure I can agree with that.
Everyone? No.
And giving everyone health care in the middle of a recession...... won't happen.... you won't be able to pay for it.

Why shouldn't everyone get the care that they need though? Please don't take the low road like the other person did and blame the"lazy." It is for the good of my fellow American. They should get the same care that I do, and pay for it through their taxes, just as I would forthem.

That is for the good of the country.

i agree with that part, bush's spending habit.

i'm more of a democrat but each side is screwed up in its own ways, and each side has its own share one sided opinionated idiots who do their respectiveparties more harm then good.

i hope obama suceeds but at the same time i hoped bush would suceed. pretty much i want whoevers running the country to succed so that the country will showimprovment.

one thing i disagree with about obama is that tax increases for those who are making over $250k. i think its unfair to those who put the time and work in to dosomething good with their lifes, and its unfair to all the brain surgeons and other people who are making over $250k that there being punished because of howmuch they make.

Tbone is unpatriotic.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm more patriotic idiotic then than you could ever dream to be.

I'm hoping he fails so our country WINS!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif

dunce+cap.jpg

If you had any sort of reading comprehension you would see TBONE doesn't want the country to fail, you just wanted to use some pics to getlulz.

This is coming from someone who disagrees with TBONE majorly.

TBONE why wouldn't you want Universal Health Care?

Back
Top Bottom