Let’s be real about racism

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

one thing i disagree with about obama is that tax increases for those who are making over $250k. i think its unfair to those who put the time and work in to do something good with their lifes, and its unfair to all the brain surgeons and other people who are making over $250k that there being punished because of how much they make.

But it only makes sense. If you make more you should be taxed more. Give back to the government that gave you the opportunity to do this, and in turn givesomeone else the chance to do something great with their lives when its redistributed in financial aid, to schools, and so forth.

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

1. Universal Health Care = quality of health care will be worse.... lines will be way longer.... it'll cost the government way too much money.... and it'll give the government too much power

explain please (underlined).
Oh yea, funny how we have trillions of dollars to kill people for absolutely no reason but we don't have money to provide healthcare for everyAmerican citizen. You my friend are indeed patriotic. 40 million plus uninsured
tired.gif

you know what man, I'm racist, I'm even racist against my own kind (Latino) is that ok ? I think it is.

Originally Posted by Ryda421

you know what man, I'm racist, I'm even racist against my own kind (Latino) is that ok ? I think it is.
Being racist means to hate somebody because of their race. so your Latino, and you hate other Latinos because their Latino?

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Please rationally explain how universal health care is a NEGATIVE thing?

How putting a stop to human rights violations in Guantanamo is a NEGATIVE thing?

How gun control is a NEGATIVE thing?
Short simple answers since I don't feel like writing huge paragraphs and they have google for a reason if you want to do some research on conservative views on issues........

1. Universal Health Care = quality of health care will be worse.... lines will be way longer.... it'll cost the government way too much money.... and it'll give the government too much power
2. Ending Guantanamo = where will they go? Already MANY of them have gone back after being released to being terrorists..... Guantanamo is useful for gathering intelligence information.... not having places like Guantanamo could lead to future attacks on America
3. Gun Control = obviously there should be some gun control but not the type that liberals, really liberal people like Obama would want..... there is a 2nd Amendment for a reason & we should be able to have our guns..... all these rules, regulations, and huge background check & hoops to jump through is non-sense

For further in-depth answers beyond these brief/quick answers where I may have left out information.... please visit a friendly conservative website
eyes.gif
Canada is better off. United Kingdom is better, most ofEurope is better. it always trips me out how cops in Britain do not carry guns
eek.gif

Originally Posted by vctry20

Being racist means to hate somebody because of their race. so your Latino, and you hate other Latinos because their Latino?
yes

rich folks have been getting over for so long that I don't think it'll make that much of a difference. Lots of professionals supported O anyway. Andclearly trickle down economics doesn't work.

I still don't see how healthcare for all citizens is giving the govt more power. The answer didn't really address it.

one thing i disagree with about obama is that tax increases for those who are making over $250k. i think its unfair to those who put the time and work in to do something good with their lifes, and its unfair to all the brain surgeons and other people who are making over $250k that there being punished because of how much they make.

But it only makes sense. If you make more you should be taxed more. Give back to the government that gave you the opportunity to do this, and in turn give someone else the chance to do something great with their lives when its redistributed in financial aid, to schools, and so forth.

sick.gif
I almost vomited

I hope Obama fails too.

And it has nothing to do with racism or wanting the country to fail.

I just don't want him to pass things like national health care, shut down Guantanamo, letting the borders be open, passing that terrible stimulus, raising taxes (especially on the rich), putting in place gun control laws that are way too extreme, and the list goes on and on and on....

^I (just like Rush) want all of those things to FAIL..... which was Rush's point..... which is my point.

So in that case, I hope Obama fails.

True, Rush could have meant that; but the majority of the people (myself included) probably read it like "!!% why would you say that?"and not realize that he meant he didn't want Obama's plan to fail, not a successful Presidency.

Originally Posted by ericberry14

Also if you raise taxes on the rich...... they are going to have less money to spend and want to spend less money...... meaning less money they spend INTO the economy.... making it worse. In addition, if they have less money that means less money they can PAY to their employees.... meaning they have to FIRE employees.... and unemployment increases.
Never thought of that, pretty good point

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

But it only makes sense. If you make more you should be taxed more. Give back to the government that gave you the opportunity to do this, and in turn give someone else the chance to do something great with their lives when its redistributed in financial aid, to schools, and so forth.

sick.gif
I almost vomited
Right, because helping your fellow American get into that top tier private college they always dreamed of but knew that they'd never be ableto afford is preposterous. Prime example of the rich getting richer and the poor being kept in their place.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

sick.gif
I almost vomited
Right, because helping your fellow American get into that top tier private college they always dreamed of but knew that they'd never be able to afford is preposterous. Prime example of the rich getting richer and the poor being kept in their place.
in todays america, while $250k is a good amount of money, its not what it once used to be. too me its a joke for someone who grew up regularmiddle class or lower middle class and busted his butt while in school, did all sorts of extra outside of school activities and maintained that high gpa so hecould get into a good school and earn that good career to be punished because of it. theres alot of people who just sit on their butts and complain aboutthings but are too lazy and unmotivated to try and make change on their own.

everyones situation is different and theres alot of people who really could use the help and deserve it but theres alot of people who are just lazy. if yourgoing to do impose higher taxes on the rich i would go up to a higher minimum because i know i would be pissed if i was in the $250-275k range right now.

Originally Posted by HyphySole

Also if you raise taxes on the rich...... they are going to have less money to spend and want to spend less money...... meaning less money they spend INTO the economy.... making it worse. In addition, if they have less money that means less money they can PAY to their employees.... meaning they have to FIRE employees.... and unemployment increases.
that's only one side of the story, but let's say, some middle class people become rich, would you not want that ? I'm pretty sure theywill still be spending.

that's only one side of the story, but let's say, some middle class people become rich, would you not want that ? I'm pretty sure they will still be spending.
Sure the middle class would increase spending, but they won't be able to replace the lost jobs or help unemployment.

What does a I think it's like 3% increase in tax have to do with unemployment? The tax increase isn't for businesses so there's hardly anyrelation. Plus those in those tax brackets have enjoyed substantial tax breaks previously. Google "trickle down theory" I think that phrase wascoined under Reagan

PS i lived in Canada (proud American now) for awhile and the whole health care thing absolutely sucked.

CallhimAR-

my beef with nationalized healthcare is this, why should a "rich" person pay, say.. 50/month for the same coverage a "poor" person willonly have to pay 50 cents for. you feel me? its going to be like another tax or something

and the people in your example, i agree, we should give those people healthcare.

what I'm saying is this:
i don't want MY tax dolars to go to food stamps to a person that's sitting at home watching TV, not trying to get a job, then that person buys junkfood and eats nothing but fatty fast food (i was sickened and surprised you can use EBT to buy pizza hut... WHAT?!?) and then when that person gets diabetes,I'm going to have to pay for their medication and hospital bills?!?!

CallhimAR-

my beef with nationalized healthcare is this, why should a "rich" person pay, say.. 50/month for the same coverage a "poor" person willonly have to pay 50 cents for. you feel me? its going to be like another tax or something

and the people in your example, i agree, we should give those people healthcare.

what I'm saying is this:
i don't want MY tax dolars to go to food stamps to a person that's sitting at home watching TV, not trying to get a job, then that person buys junkfood and eats nothing but fatty fast food (i was sickened and surprised you can use EBT to buy pizza hut... WHAT?!?) and then when that person gets diabetes,I'm going to have to pay for their medication and hospital bills?!?!

CallhimAR-

what I'm saying is this:

I saw this movie growing up as a kid and even at that young age, I knew about RACISM. I knew that "others" looked down on me simply because my skincolor was darker than theirs-- Simply because I had a pervasive amount of melanin in my skin.

To me this movie is very accurate depiction of what my people have been through...and continue to go through even in a "stabilized" government.Don't assume things are better now because believe me, they are not. RACISM still exist people...

�

tired.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

explain please (underlined).
Oh yea, funny how we have trillions of dollars to kill people for absolutely no reason but we don't have money to provide healthcare for every American citizen. You my friend are indeed patriotic. 40 million plus uninsured
tired.gif
Don't forget about the bailout money the Government is giving to banks in general and Citibank so we can get Citi field in Queens!
pimp.gif

In 2006, Citigroup entered into a $400 million contract with the New York Mets for naming rights to the team's stadium, now called Citi Field
Citigroup has taken $45 billion in bailout funds -- plus another several hundred billion in guarantees -- to stay afloat as it contemplates breaking into smaller pieces.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

that's only one side of the story, but let's say, some middle class people become rich, would you not want that ? I'm pretty sure they will still be spending.
Sure the middle class would increase spending, but they won't be able to replace the lost jobs or help unemployment.
so you don't think that when these middle class ppl become rich, they won't open their own business with their own employees ?

i don't get how a racist foucsed thread turned into a economy/healthcare/obama thread.... other than someone mentioned a black president lol

Originally Posted by rtz13

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Tbone is unpatriotic.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm more patriotic idiotic then than you could ever dream to be.
I'm hoping he fails so our country WINS!
dunce+cap.jpg
If you had any sort of reading comprehension you would see TBONE doesn't want the country to fail, you just wanted to use some pics to get lulz.
This is coming from someone who disagrees with TBONE majorly.
TBONE why wouldn't you want Universal Health Care?

Nice to know someone understood the point I was trying to make..... Thanks
pimp.gif

The Universal Health Care issue is a touchy subject because in theory of course it sounds like a great idea.... and if you're against it people are like
indifferent.gif

But the thing is Universal Health Care...... I feel the quality will decrease, which I don't want to happen. Also the waiting lines will increase(substantially)..... and the cost will be HUGE and the government overseeing something THIS big?? That's destined to be a failure......

Back
Top Bottom