Let’s be real about racism

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorg3

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

As far as the moron comment.... I'd love to see the HS GPA, college GPA, college rank & how many of your are going to law school soon or already in Law School...... My intelligence > avg NTers intelligence...... And it's not even close.
You might have book sense (a straight up MIGHT) ... but you don't have common sense .

None whatsoever .

All you care about is MONEY ... you don't want Universal Health Care because you're worried about more taxes going to you .

It's ridiculous .

Hows that rediculous? Everybodys going to look out for themselves first.
But how is this a healthy way to think? You don't care about your fellow mans well being? What if it was your mother lying at home dying from cancer because she has no insurance and can't get any help.

America has clearly lost its values.
Clearly , but I'm in the wrong .

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorg3

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

As far as the moron comment.... I'd love to see the HS GPA, college GPA, college rank & how many of your are going to law school soon or already in Law School...... My intelligence > avg NTers intelligence...... And it's not even close.
You might have book sense (a straight up MIGHT) ... but you don't have common sense .

None whatsoever .

All you care about is MONEY ... you don't want Universal Health Care because you're worried about more taxes going to you .

It's ridiculous .

Hows that rediculous? Everybodys going to look out for themselves first.
But how is this a healthy way to think? You don't care about your fellow mans well being? What if it was your mother lying at home dying from cancer because she has no insurance and can't get any help.

America has clearly lost its values.
Clearly , but I'm in the wrong .
for some reason that had me
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ralphsody

Alright i know this is off topic but i have to let it out somewhere and this thread right now seems to be the best place.
Im hispanic(dominican but born here) dark skinned and all, and while at a friends house two days ago he also had other people over who were cuban(light skin, light eyes,) and they had the nerve to say they are considered cuaccasion(spelling), are they right in this? i always thought that it wasnt your skin color that put you into a specific category but actually where your background is from..i told them what i thought and they said no there "white"..SMH i explained it to them that there hispanic and that if they wanted to see if i was right go to a member or ex member of the KKK and see what they would consider them as...point blank..
they then had the nerve to say that "they" gave blacks a little freedom and now they feel like they own the sh.t!
i felt mad at this statement because it's obvious where i would be if slavery was still in effect and after all that talk basically on how they think the color of there skin makes them white i felt like they were degrading me on my skin color..Fu8k1n6 Ashsoles..
basically im proud to have been born here and actually live here, theres no other place like it especially DR but i love my culture from the food to the music and language,
and feel like its a shame if you have a background and try to hide it..
to me its amazing that they and I are hispanic yet they consider themselves above me by bascally saying what they said and dont seem to realize that they are still hispanic to whites..am i right in this? i think a white person will see them as a hispanic in there eyes..
Perhaps you're not aware of the difference between race and ethnicity or the history of your own country or Cuba's in this case. You canbe black and Hispanic as well as be white and Hispanic. They're not mutually exclusive. It's pretty ignorant to classify people of Hispanic descent asa race of people, because ethnicity has little to do with race.

Originally Posted by Jello B Afro

Alright i know this is off topic but i have to let it out somewhere and this thread right now seems to be the best place.
Im hispanic(dominican but born here) dark skinned and all, and while at a friends house two days ago he also had other people over who were cuban(light skin, light eyes,) and they had the nerve to say they are considered cuaccasion(spelling), are they right in this? i always thought that it wasnt your skin color that put you into a specific category but actually where your background is from..i told them what i thought and they said no there "white"..SMH i explained it to them that there hispanic and that if they wanted to see if i was right go to a member or ex member of the KKK and see what they would consider them as...point blank..
they then had the nerve to say that "they" gave blacks a little freedom and now they feel like they own the sh.t!
i felt mad at this statement because it's obvious where i would be if slavery was still in effect and after all that talk basically on how they think the color of there skin makes them white i felt like they were degrading me on my skin color..Fu8k1n6 Ashsoles..
basically im proud to have been born here and actually live here, theres no other place like it especially DR but i love my culture from the food to the music and language,
to me its amazing that they and I are hispanic yet they consider themselves above me by bascally saying what they said and dont seem to realize that they are still hispanic to whites..am i right in this? i think a white person will see them as a hispanic in there eyes..
Perhaps you're not aware of the difference between race and ethnicity or the history of your own country or Cuba's in this case. You can be black and Hispanic as well as be white and Hispanic. They're not mutually exclusive. It's pretty ignorant to classify people of Hispanic descent as a race of people, because ethnicity has little to do with race.

did you read his post? he didnt say that the two other dudes were mixed or anything like that. he said they were CUBAN, and unless something's changed inthe last 2 seconds. Cuban =/= white, Cuban = Hispanic

Funny how the "Bible Thumpers" with their "morals" and being so anti-gay, abortion and what have you are so adamant against something likepaying extra taxes for health care reform which would help their fellow man, something the Bible talks about often. I guess these types just pick and choosewhat they want to follow.

As far as the hispanic issue, light > dark, whether you're speaking English, Spanish or Italian. Fairer skinned hispanics are looked at as"superior" to darker skinned hispanics. People with darker skin are looked down upon all over the world.

Originally Posted by ericberry14

Perhaps you're not aware of the difference between race and ethnicity or the history of your own country or Cuba's in this case. You can be black and Hispanic as well as be white and Hispanic. They're not mutually exclusive. It's pretty ignorant to classify people of Hispanic descent as a race of people, because ethnicity has little to do with race.

did you read his post? he didnt say that the two other dudes were mixed or anything like that. he said they were CUBAN, and unless something's changed in the last 2 seconds. Cuban =/= white, Cuban = Hispanic
I don't think you seem to get it either.

• Cuban is a nationality.
  • Cubans are ethnically Hispanic.
  • Cubans are multi-racial as well. Many Cubans are black, many Cubans are White and many are mixed.
What's so difficult to understand about that?

Originally Posted by ericberry14

did you read his post? he didnt say that the two other dudes were mixed or anything like that. he said they were CUBAN, and unless something's changed in the last 2 seconds. Cuban =/= white, Cuban = Hispanic

You can be white and Cuban.

Im hispanic(dominican but born here) dark skinned and all, and while at a friends house two days ago he also had other people over who were cuban(light skin,
light eyes,) and they had the nerve to say they are considered cuaccasion(spelling), are they right in this? i always thought that it wasnt your skin color
that put you into a specific category but actually where your background is from..i told them what i thought and they said no there "white"..SMH i
explained it to them that there hispanic and that if they wanted to see if i was right go to a member or ex member of the KKK and see what they would consider
them as...point blank..

i felt mad at this statement because it's obvious where i would be if slavery was still in effect and after all that talk basically on how they think the
color of there skin makes them white i felt like they were degrading me on my skin color..Fu8k1n6 Ashsoles..

basically im proud to have been born here and actually live here, theres no other place like it especially DR but i love my culture from the food to the music
and language,

to me its amazing that they and I are hispanic yet they consider themselves above me by bascally saying what they said and dont seem to realize that they are
still hispanic to whites..am i right in this? i think a white person will see them as a hispanic in there eyes..

i understand but in your eyes am i hispanic or black? what they were trying to say is that they consider themselves non-hispanic..like there parents dont speakspanish etc etc..basically what they told me is that they want nothing to do with what there background is about..i cant understand that at all..
and what about that comment that they said about blacks? "give them a little freedom and now they feel like they own everything"
that to me is racist especially coming from people whos background (hispanic) in honest truth is looked down upon SOME (not all) of the same people theretrying to be..

i think racism will never end... there will always be people who are afraid of things they dont know and always think that they are better, and i'm notjust talking about white people, i talk about black, hispanics and asians.. the asians are the worst imo. cause you might look the same yet they still donttreat like you are..

there is nothing you can do and it'll never be the same.. equality is never gonna happen.. also women want equality, or at least they say they want it, butthat's bs.. carlos mencia said it before, they only want to be paid equally.

any one who thinks because Obama was elected as the first black president that racism is coming to an end, is ignorant to the ways of the world. if anythingits bringing more racism, or opening peoples eyes to see what has actually been going on for so long.

Back
Top Bottom