Let’s find out how well Facebook knows us

“There is so much going on behind the scenes that we have no idea about”
Christiane Vejlø

A Facebook insider once claimed that Mark Zuckerberg would try to predict couples that would break up, and who they would date next, based on their online activity – whose pictures and profiles they looked at, for example. By collecting enough data and finding correlations, tech companies can understand us more deeply than the data alone might suggest.

“There is so much going on behind the scenes that we have no idea about”
Christiane Vejlø

A Facebook insider once claimed that Mark Zuckerberg would try to predict couples that would break up, and who they would date next, based on their online activity – whose pictures and profiles they looked at, for example. By collecting enough data and finding correlations, tech companies can understand us more deeply than the data alone might suggest.

for people like you and I, it’s common sense. The average joe still is unaware of this

1610995089997.png

Anybody else thinks Zuck always have looked like ET?

for people like you and I, it’s common sense. The average joe still is unaware of this
What's the link about?

I feel like clicking it, is going to spill out even more info than they should already know about me.

What's the link about?

I feel like clicking it, is going to spill out even more info than they should already know about me.

pretty much algorithms predicting what you do in your everyday life based on what you click or view on FB.

At this point, these social media companies have let it known what they’re out to do and what business they’re in. Yet we still continue to engage in using them. This is like the small controversy over our cell phone providers being able to track us. When it first made headlines, it was an uproar, but over time it just showed that people don’t care. Same principle applies here.

pretty much algorithms predicting what you do in your everyday life based on what you click or view on FB.

Thanks. I just clicked it. Rather it just being an article, I assumed it would display the data they collected & let us see for ourselves.

At this point, these social media companies have let it known what they’re out to do and what business they’re in. Yet we still continue to engage in using them. This is like the small controversy over our cell phone providers being able to track us. When it first made headlines, it was an uproar, but over time it just showed that people don’t care. Same principle applies here.
The folks that dont care make it harder for the ones that do.
Even the folks that do care, their addiction to their phones & apps overrules their power of taking action for change.

*A phone(laptop, iPad, or etc) cover company needs to invest in covering the front and back camera of these devices at the flip of a switch.(and be able to flip open when WE want the camera to be used.)

**^Which I feel will bring more awareness to the problem and also make phone service providers step up and include privacy breach prevention measures into their marketing and products.

"Buy a phone, sign up with us and your privacy will NEVER be sold through any app once so ever."

I value my privacy and I would sign up in a heartbeat.

Not to mention law enforcement and the FBI (Who are already crooked as hell) makes their jobs much easier. (Not saying I condone crime, homicide or theft) but you could do something, and they’ll ping your phone off a tower to pinpoint your location.

But I feel like as long as I “know” what these fools are doing, I’m straight. I don’t have many friends or deal with many of my peers so, I’m rarely tethered to my phone. Disconnecting is easy for me.

Back
Top Bottom