Let’s round up around the Homie FONGSTARR

Fong$tarr Fong$tarr

We don’t know each other, but fellow Asian Thread member mentioned the accident, posted the recovery pic and I remembered your name.
Best Wishes for quick recovery. Take care.

Fong$tarr

Hope your recovery is smooth and speedy. Best wishes to you and I always loved your photos man.

Sup everyone. Finally gettin my head back to normal after a couple of days and someone told me about this thread. Thanks Steezy for the post and everyone just being so kind. I have been on NT for like....ever and glad it’s a community that can be so supportive to this dumb accident from someone that wasn’t following the rules.

To put this accident in short terms, I bought a road bike to get some exercise in but figured out later that i had to get so much additional gear. I got a helmet on a deal but found out after the purchase that it was coming from Amsterdam. It gave mean anticipated delivery date of a week but it oddly came in the day I had my crash which was like 3 weeks later. I stubbornly road my bike without a helmet for those three weeks never thinking I’d get into wreck. I guess I am a lessoned to be learned. I had brain and skull surgery. They say everything went well and that i should be fine in the long run. Just have a long road to recovery for the most part.

Thanks again everyone for the kind words. I’d have beers with each and everyone of you if I could. 🍺🍺🍺

Damn, never even considered brain injury for a road bike. Glad you're ok.
Thankfully I am a dumb that losing some brain cells won’t lead to a total lose. Haha.

My only last issue is they said i have are
some clots from the damage. So they got me on blood thinners but any of this crap can lead to a potential stroke or even seizures. This whole thing is just crazy cause I even have a 1 year old too to take care of. I should have been more into wearing a helmet just got her and not even myself.

I’m just happy you are here with us and looking towards the road of recovery and hopefully those clots will dissolve....stay up brother, how is the Bianchi? 👀

I’m just happy you are here with us and looking towards the road of recovery and hopefully those clots will dissolve....stay up brother, how is the Bianchi? 👀
Surprisingly took little damage. It seems most of it was me. Probably need to do some repairs on it but overall, it should ride again.

Wishing you a speedy recovery man. I went biking yesterday around DC and before my ride I looked at my helmet and said naw I'll wear it next time. Definitely not playing around no more.

What exactly happened in the accident?
Most elementary thing ever. Just hit a rock. Cause the front tire to lock up and I just flew over the bike and crashed on the back my head and shoulder. I wasn’t going fast but couldn’t even tell you how big the rock was. I flew over, the bike bust have just landed on its side. From photos, the handlebar tape, pedals, seat and rear part of the frame got scratched. I’d imagine if it was any faster, I could have been hurt way more.

I’ve been in the hospital for 5 days. Every day is hit and miss. Headaches are consistent, appetite is gone, going to the bathroom is not happening and so much more. I am so upset that this thing lead to so much damage and could have been mostly resolved with a helmet. Hopefully I’ll get back to normal but it’s a waiting game right now.

F675EF32-D2BE-4D33-B95A-E378929F04A4.jpeg

You'll bounce back. Just need to give it some time.

As for the bike, you never know. I don't let myself go for a ride unless I feel 100%, both physically and mentally. Even then, something can always happen.

Most elementary thing ever. Just hit a rock. Cause the front tire to lock up and I just flew over the bike and crashed on the back my head and shoulder. I wasn’t going fast but couldn’t even tell you how big the rock was. I flew over, the bike bust have just landed on its side. From photos, the handlebar tape, pedals, seat and rear part of the frame got scratched. I’d imagine if it was any faster, I could have been hurt way more.

I’ve been in the hospital for 5 days. Every day is hit and miss. Headaches are consistent, appetite is gone, going to the bathroom is not happening and so much more. I am so upset that this thing lead to so much damage and could have been mostly resolved with a helmet. Hopefully I’ll get back to normal but it’s a waiting game right now.

Sheesh. You got knocked out and woke up in the hospital? Or you were conscious and called an ambulance? Hope you werent alone man, sounds scary. You said you would make a full recovery so theres blessings in that for sure!

Sheesh. You got knocked out and woke up in the hospital? Or you were conscious and called an ambulance? Hope you werent alone man, sounds scary. You said you would make a full recovery so theres blessings in that for sure!
I was on the ground bleeding. Can’t say i felt fine but I was awake. I think another cyclist saw me and called the ambulance . I remember talking to the medics in the car saying how bad is it and they told me it was bad. So I remember parts of the drive and by the time I was in the emergency room, I called wife to essentially say bye if anything happened and then I don’t remember a thing till the next day. I didn’t even know I had all those staples till even the day after since i was wrapped.

I am luckily needless to say. I should be able to leave the hospital tomorrow. Hopefully my recovery will really start when I am home.

😭😭😭

Glad you're okay brother. Rest, recover, and enjoy this time with your family. NT fam here for you. 🙏🙏🙏

I called wife to essentially say bye if anything happened and then I don’t remember a thing till the next day.

I am luckily needless to say. I should be able to leave the hospital tomorrow. Hopefully my recovery will really start when I am home.

Get well. Crazy how something like a rock can change your life. I stopped riding my bike until I can pick up a helmet. Thankfully it's been raining so that suppressed the urge to ride.

Damn, that sounds like that was such a freak accident (damn rocks). As a biker who rides nearly everyday, that whole helmet situation is a sobering reminder. Health/life is so fragile and precious; so often I take it for granted.

That wound is going to be one hell of a scar, and if you're open to some brevity, that's going to be one hell of a story to tell some day. I have a homie who has a similar scar from a surfing and coral accident, and dude is always making up random stories before telling them what really happened :lol:

I'm glad you're on the mend and heading home soon! Prayers up, fam. :nthat:

Yah I rode street BMX all my time growing up never wore a helmet but looking back I was hella stupid. Had that teenage indestructible attitude going. Luckily only had one bad fall that concerned my head and that was straight to concrete so seeing what happened to you is crazy. And also rocks can be devastating. A guy that was a family friend just died a couple years ago when he was just putting around on a little 50cc dirt bike in his yard and fell, his head hit a rock and it killed him. You just NEVER no what's going to happen. Glad to see your doing better tho! rest up!

F675EF32-D2BE-4D33-B95A-E378929F04A4.jpeg

Thats ****ing nuts that caused so much damage.

Thats got me shook foreal cause I had the same kind accident about 6-7 yrs back.

Hit a smooth pot hole and went flying over the handlebars.

Sprained my wrist. Few scuffs on my back and hands but i was cool.

This is the back of the helmet...

94BD32B7-3103-4AD5-A6D5-45D5BC786C92.jpeg

Outer shell got folded and the foam cracked. This was a rare occasion i was wearing a helmet thankfully.

I hope the recovery goes well for you Fong$tarr Fong$tarr

I was on the ground bleeding. Can’t say i felt fine but I was awake. I think another cyclist saw me and called the ambulance . I remember talking to the medics in the car saying how bad is it and they told me it was bad. So I remember parts of the drive and by the time I was in the emergency room, I called wife to essentially say bye if anything happened and then I don’t remember a thing till the next day. I didn’t even know I had all those staples till even the day after since i was wrapped.

Glad you're alive man. Hope you recover good. :nthat:

Back
Top Bottom