Let’s round up around the Homie FONGSTARR

My dude, please rest up, try to eat, make sure they monitor your ICP religiously and your fluid output, aside from that, you have no idea how happy I am you are even in spirits To write us, been around here a long time and you always been a stand up member and an amazing photographer, remember you coming to NY for business and thought we shoulda linked up but never got around to...we never met personally, but like some dudes on this site that I’ve met or haven’t met face to face, I feel like I do know you....please know that your NT fam is behind you on this road to recovery brother :pimp:

Thats ****ing nuts that caused so much damage.

Thats got me shook foreal cause I had the same kind accident about 6-7 yrs back.

Hit a smooth pot hole and went flying over the handlebars.

Sprained my wrist. Few scuffs on my back and hands but i was cool.

This is the back of the helmet...

94BD32B7-3103-4AD5-A6D5-45D5BC786C92.jpeg

Outer shell got folded and the foam cracked. This was a rare occasion i was wearing a helmet thankfully.

I hope the recovery goes well for you Fong$tarr Fong$tarr

Just wondering since you and Fongstarr both flew over the handlebars, but how do you actually hit the back of your head? Id assume if you fell forward over the handle bars, if anything if you coudnt brace the fall with your hands or arm, it’s be your face or forhead taking damage. How is the back of your head exposed to this?

Just wondering since you and Fongstarr both flew over the handlebars, but how do you actually hit the back of your head? Id assume if you fell forward over the handle bars, if anything if you coudnt brace the fall with your hands or arm, it’s be your face or forhead taking damage. How is the back of your head exposed to this?

Something Like this but not as fast and my bike stayed put while I flew over. So with that kind of momentum, you can see how someone can hit the back of their head and in my case, the right shoulder.

Damn man. Glad you’re ok for the most part. Give it time, I busted my head pretty good and got a tbi. I have no long term affects from it that I can tell.

take it easy and try and eat.

Something Like this but not as fast and my bike stayed put while I flew over. So with that kind of momentum, you can see how someone can hit the back of their head and in my case, the right shoulder.

Wow so you legit did a full flip. Thats crazy man.

Not sure about Fong but road bikes are light as **** and my feet were clipped in so if your front wheel comes to a dead stop its a flip situation.

Video illustrates it perfectly.

That guys going pretty quick and dudes bike shot up 15ft in the air as a result :smh:

His wrists/forearms must have been dunzo.

Last edited:
Glad you’re ok.

Do you have a new appreciation for life?

Can anyone recommend a good affordable helmet?

Haven’t ridden my Bmx in a while because I haven’t picked up a helmet yet. The last thing I want are injuries where I’d have to go to a hospital.

For me , it gave me an appreciation for what is living. My parents, daughter, wife, etc. I was just saying the other day, being in the ER and hospital even with all these covid rules just sucks to the point where you sort of want to just stop living. If my folks were sick, and no one could be there to physically be there for them, I think both would just hang it up early rather than fighting for it for the rest of us. It is just tough with all these restrictions and you sort of want to prevent people from even getting to that point.

Glad you’re ok.

Can anyone recommend a good affordable helmet?

My go to for a helmet has always been a Giro. When I got back into riding last October when I bought my new hybrid, first thing I bought after ordering the bike was my helmet. Went with a Giro Montaro Mips. I wanted the MTB style helmet as it goes further down the back of your skull vs a road bike helmet. Paid, I bely $105 shipped (was looking for a particular color). MIPS (Multi-directional Impact Protection System) helps reduce rotational forces from certain impacts (I had to look it up, lol). Doctors helped develop it. Worth it for the added protection. You can find decent helmets for under $100 easily. It's something you don't want to go cheap on. 👍

Back
Top Bottom