Let’s Talk about L.A? Locals Chime In...

I lived in Santa Monica for 3 years.

Lots of shops, restaurants, and bars at 3rd Street Promenade.

Father's Office - amazing burgers and beers

Cha Cha Chicken - Caribbean food

If you want some Asian food, hit up Sawtelle Japantown, lots of Asian food options. Tsujita for ramen and ROC for soup dumplings.

Good looks bro!!

I lived in Santa Monica for 3 years.

Lots of shops, restaurants, and bars at 3rd Street Promenade.

Father's Office - amazing burgers and beers

Cha Cha Chicken - Caribbean food

If you want some Asian food, hit up Sawtelle Japantown, lots of Asian food options. Tsujita for ramen and ROC for soup dumplings.
Just tried tsujita for the first time recently and enjoyed it

Santa Monica...

Do you know where in Santa Monica you’re living yet? Not that it’s a big town, but traffic, etc. can make it hard to get across town at certain hours.

I grew up in SM and currently live in a neighborhood, Mar Vista, that borders it on the Southeast side.

Like others have said, there’s tons of bars and restaurants in the Downtown area - near the 3rd Street Promenade and Santa Monica Place mall. There’s movie theaters there too. But that area can be very crowded and touristy.

I tend to spend more time these days in the Ocean Park/Main Street area. Great Farmer’s Market there on Saturdays. Lula’s is a Mexican restaurant I like over there. Good food and margaritas. Enterprise Fish Company is good for seafood and has a great Happy Hour. Lots of shops over there too.

Figured id mix it up a bit.

Food - Catch LA, Tao, Katana, Nobu, Look for Farmers market in Santa Monica as well.
Nightlife - Bungalow "santa monica", Highlight Room, Avenue, Hyde,

LA is a big Uber/Lyft city just learn the traffic hours and everything else is gucci.

I never was a big club guy and definitely am not now at my advanced age, but I still like to hang out at a bar every now and again.

Daily Pint on Pico in SM. Kind of divey and maybe a little hipsterish, but they have a huge selection of beer and liquor.

Ye Old Kingshead on 2nd Street.

Echo Park checkin' in - we bleed Dodger Blue on this side...

...Santa Monica is cool, it's just waaay the **** out.

Bruh what's your ethnicity? We all chill with each other, but everybody got their "own part" of town u feel me?

Yeah I guess since I’ll be living there I could always check next door. I’ve been to Venice a few times trying to see what else is out there...where are good places for night life, honeys etc

Bungalow your best bet in Santa Monica, most night life is downtown into Hollywood and the Valley. DM if you need any more spots i got alot of industry connects.

Possibly moving to LA from the east coast in the next month or two for work. Don’t completely know what to expect so looking for some advice here

I would be working in century city (right by the mall) so looking for neighborhoods close by to live in so I don’t have to deal with too much traffic. Trying to find a one bedroom that is somewhat nice for around $2,000 if possible with less than a 30 minute commute.

Dude i was in Santa Monica this weekend. amazing place and make sure you check out Venice beach. Hotel Erin rooftop is the place to be to check the sunset. I'm from the east coast but i'd move to LA if i had a chance. for real.

NT fam what’s good...moving to LA top of the year. What do I need to know about the city? Things to do? Places to hang out? Food? Locals chime in as well would like to get an idea what I’m looking forward to. Also if it helps I’ll be traveling and doing a lot of photography based in LA...
Leave your city's baseball hat at home

Possibly moving to LA from the east coast in the next month or two for work. Don’t completely know what to expect so looking for some advice here

I would be working in century city (right by the mall) so looking for neighborhoods close by to live in so I don’t have to deal with too much traffic. Trying to find a one bedroom that is somewhat nice for around $2,000 if possible with less than a 30 minute commute.

It’s been 15 years since I rented an apartment, so I’m not too up on what the going rates are, but there a few options for neighborhoods near Century City.

West LA, Westwood, Culver City, West Hollywood are all possibilities that should give you a commute of 30 minutes or less. Century City borders Beverly Hills, but I have my doubts you could get a decent apartment in BH for the rent you’re looking at.

I was there two weeks ago while the Dodgers/Nationals series was going on. I wish I had 2-3 more days out there, there is so much to see and do.

It’s been 15 years since I rented an apartment, so I’m not too up on what the going rates are, but there a few options for neighborhoods near Century City.

West LA, Westwood, Culver City, West Hollywood are all possibilities that should give you a commute of 30 minutes or less. Century City borders Beverly Hills, but I have my doubts you could get a decent apartment in BH for the rent you’re looking at.

thanks. Just got the offer so I’d start November 11th if I take the job. Gonna take the trip out next weekend to check some places out

Back
Top Bottom