Let me tell you what kind of day I'm having (srs)

Backstory: my car was in Aamco to get repaired, couldnt get it to start even with 1 year old battery and a jump so on saturday i brought it to Toyota to get fixed. htc one camera lens broke randomly and issue is becoming widespread. HTC refuses to stand by their product.

TOYOTA:

So i got a call from the stealership this morning. Saying they just started looking at my car today. First thing they noticed is I dont have a working battery in the car so they gotta get me a new one. I said "the f you mean the battery doesnt work?" he said "theres no acid left in the battery, literally no juice." i said "strange...cuz when i put the car there on your lot, i had just installed the fresh out of the store battery in it, which hasnt been used once. and i installed it myself behind your store..."  he insisted i needed a new one. I sighed and started looking for the astroglide cuz im sure this is the first incident in a long line of *non-consensual sex* im about to get from Toyota. I happened to be on twitter and this happened:

Then they called back couple hours later and said theyd found what was wrong with my car. Some computer inside it has fried which has immobilized my car completely. Long story short, I owe 1300+ on a 94 camry. Which means my repair is more than the car is worth. As a college student, I really cant afford to go out and buy a new car right now smh.

HTC:

HTC contacts me as well on twitter. They play the concerned company role and ask  whats wrong because they saw me tweet "@HTC @HTCUSA so you guys dont feel like standing by your products huh? not good for business...." I proceeded to tell them how me and 30+ others (with that number increasing EVERY day) have had our camera lenses randomly crack on our htc one. I told them how htc is refusing to acknowledge theres some sort of quality control issue here and is trying to charge us all $90 for a 1/2 inch piece of plastic. I told them how angry we all were in an online community called XDA developers that it was happening to us as longtime htc supporters to get shafted like this. I even linked them to the nearly 50 page long thread talking about it and showing proof and pictures on xda. They saw it and said oh no, heres what we want you to do... call customer service. 

I JUST TOLD YOU WE ALL HAVE CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE AND YOU GUYS REFUSE TO HELP OUTSIDE OF A $90 CHARGE! And now HTC wont respond. Go figure

FRONT OFFICE INCIDENT:

From this point i said F it im tired, let me go to sleep anyways. Because of my car situation Im late on rent. Ive spent $300+ in just towing and diagnostic fees in the past week. Wont be able to pay my rent for another 3 days when we get paid (AT&T's ******ed system isnt on the 1st and 15th smh) So the front office at my apartment complex (student housing, remember im a college student) leaves 3 day to pay or get evicted notices. Im sleeping, and its an angry sleep btw, and my dog is sleeping next to me. All of the sudden it starts growling and wakes me up. Someone is making noise in my living room and i can hear it, nobody should be here at this time and I'm not thinking clearly. I grab my glock and stand on the opposite side of my door waiting for this fool to come into my bedroom. I can hear its two dudes talking. I think im getting burglarized at this point since its midday and i usually wouldnt be home at this time but cuz of the car (again) i missed work today. I open the door and im there pointing a gun between the eyes....of the assistant property manager. the desk worker was the 2nd guy with him who was bent over about to slip the notice under my door. I honestly felt terrible but no amount of sorry can fix that situation. Long story short after me getting cursed out (and i deserved it pretty much) they left with me thinking...god has a poor sense of humor today.

Now im posting here so you guys can be happy youre not in my position. cheers.

Last edited:
always remember that there is always some one out there that's got it worse off than you do

trade both the camry and the htc OP :smokin

always remember that there is always some one out there that's got it worse off than you do

trade both the camry and the htc OP
smokin.gif
pray toGod. and hopefully he points u in the right direction best of luck op

And your day is gonna get a hell of a lot worse once the Heat take this L tonight.
man, im actually worried...but still faithful. the whole game hinges on whether wade and bosh show up.
pray toGod. and hopefully he points u in the right direction best of luck op
i did. i try to look on the brightside of everything so...at least now im in the market for a new car, which also sucks lol. and i have a test tonight. long as god guides me to that A tonight then i can deal with the rest.

If you're going through Hell OP.. Keep going.

Think about it like this, if that was your worst day, it only gets better from here on out.

Your good OP..

Just leave your car at Toyota, drop out of college, throw your HTC One away, and get evicted. Once you've done all that, join a buddhist monk commune and life will be very simple.

I feel your pain :frown:

I just dropped a little shy of a grand getting my front suspension and steering all fixed up. Most of it was preventive maintenance too, with just one ball joint being actually bad...well squeaky.
Had a whole fiasco with a mechanic that seemed cool, but since I had only gone to him a few times I guess I didn't really know. Long story short the mechanic said I could bring in parts if I had issues installing them myself. Since that's pretty rare, understandably, in the mechanic world I thought I had found a gem.
Wrong. So wrong.

Ford, in their infinite wisdom, sealed the ball joints on the upper arm. That means to change out the $30 ball joint you have to replace the entire $130 control arm. To further display their prowess in design, the geniuses at Ford also ran the main fuel line right by the driver side control arm cam bolts. This means to get the control arm off you have to disconnect the line enough to move it out of the way. Since I'm doing this in an apartment parking lot I'm not comfortable messing with fluids too much, and since the mechanic said he'd put them on for labor costs I thought I could just do that.

I called the mechanic and set up a time with him and told him I had the parts. No problems yet. Then when I bring it in I get attitude from the mechanic, and have to hear this whole sob story about how they make money on parts. Not one mention of the liability part of installing parts that he doesn't know where they came from. I wanted to cuss the guy out, inform him he's not the only one with a budget to meet, and if it was a problem he should have told me in the first place. I don't since he's already acting childish enough and I don't want him to mess with my car. I bite my tongue, give as much of an "I give two damns" okay, and give him my keys. He tells me he'll try to get it done today, but if he can't he'll call me to let me know it'll need to get finished up in the morning.

Five o'clock rolls around and I haven't heard anything yet so when I get a break from work I give the shop a call. The mechanic in question picks up and says that my car has been done for hours, but he's the last one there and he's going home. I'm pretty sure this is a game being played, but I'm not going to play. I'm just never going to go back, and he can complain about getting no money from me. I pick up my car in the morning and he has the audacity to say that the steering was off when he got it like I didn't drive it there the day before. So now to go straight I have to have the steering wheel counter clockwise about 5 degrees.

I did the passenger side myself a day later, and then took it in to get aligned at a known good Les Schwab. Lo' and behold the mechanic had somehow found a way to install my control arm cam bolts incorrectly and they got bent. Not only that, but the mechanic didn't reinstall the shims. Les Schwab got it fixed and aligned and it drives like a dream now.

That evening, not even 12 hours since I had ended this ball joint adventure, I take it to oil can henry's to get a full fluid service. I'd prefer to do it myself, but by this point I'm sick of working on the car and I've already dumped so much money into it what's an extra $150 to get everything done? They barely get started and the guy up top starts hollering for everyone to stop. He found a ton of oil in my radiator overflow tank. I'm pretty sure that hadn't been there a week ago when I had done a quick check of my fluid levels/colors, but Ford, once again showing their brilliance, made the overflow tank the exact same color as used/dirty oil when it's been in coolant (a yoohoo brown). It may have been in there, because it honestly looks the same color it always does because light coming through the tank always makes the coolant look tan in color. So now I'm probably looking at a couple grand to get the head gaskets replaced. Yay!

TLDR:
- $400 in parts
- $175 due to a childish mechanic
- $250 labor to childish mechanic
- $100 in tools
- 3 weekends in a row working on this stupid car
- Finally finish, but now there's suddenly oil in the coolant
- Huzzah!

edit: I just wanted to let you know you ain't alone in this nonsense OP. I guess that should have gone in the TLDR as well.

Last edited:
Damn OP.

That reminds me of the time when i got a call from the stealership this morning. Saying they just started looking at my car today. First thing they noticed is I dont have a working battery in the car so they gotta get me a new one. I said "the f you mean the battery doesnt work?" he said "theres no acid left in the battery, literally no juice." i said "strange...cuz when i put the car there on your lot, i had just installed the fresh out of the store battery in it, which hasnt been used once. and i installed it myself behind your store..." he insisted i needed a new one. I sighed and started looking for the astroglide cuz im sure this is the first incident in a long line of *non-consensual sex* im about to get from Toyota

Sorry to hear that, things will look up in the future though man. Keep ya head up!

Op just know there is someone out here with no car to complain about getting fixed as well as no apartment to get evicted out of. So its not that bad.

Back
Top Bottom