let this thread die (NYK)

I say the Knicks should let Tyson play if he feels good but if the lead gets to 10 or more, just sit him. I'd even give Jerome Jordan some minutes. Brook Lopez is one of the few big men in the league that play less defense n rebound less than Amar'e
laugh.gif
So Amar'e will be ok playing defense on Brook..Then just put Jared on Kris Kardashian.

@ReDd SPYDER, the Nets got Lopez back yesterday

Lets see what teams decide to do with Melo in the mix now. Theres no telling what the possibilities are. Do you double Lin and leave a part of the perimeter open? Do you double Melo and force a shooter to take the shot? My vision for the offense has me giddy as hell. The game plan pre-lin was to trap Melo and force shots from the outside. How are you gonna leave anyone on our team open? Cause Lin has proven he can find them. I honestly do not see a problem with a couple possessions going to Melo letting him operate One on One, because seriously, who is capable of stopping him. On a mismatch its almost a gimme bucket. I think the problem many people had with his game this year was how hed take difficult shots in trap situations but now he has the luxury of a PG who can reset and take pressure off him. Its only going to get better guys, hold on to your seats . So damn excited for the Post all star break knicks.

AND i didnt even mention how baron davis will have a major role in facilitating. We are all so caught up in Linsanity that we forget how much of a x-factor Bdiddy can be. Im sure you all have seen how our offense kind of fizzles when Lin is taken out. Baron can play 20 min a game and relieve Lin to conserve him for the playoffs and lead the team at the same time. Goddam i cant wait till this team is a hunnit percent with bdiddy and jorts.

What do you guys think about tonight's game? Nyk -9.5 would think Lin is very tired with all those min and a btb game. Let down spot?

Optimistically, we start blowing them out and he doesnt have to play more than 28 min. In any other case, I would hope for Baron to come in and run things, but Mike wants him to have a 5 on 5 practice first before he plays.

Worst case scenario, he has to play 45 more minutes as Nets keep it close.

Best Case scenario, we get on them early and Baron gets to make a debut.

I been trying to figure out how Novak didn't get more of a look before now. His history is random as hell. Dude is out there looking like Korver though with the quick and accurate release. Kinda amazed that no one could find a spot for him on their team. D'Antoni said he's the best shooter he's ever seen. Didn't he say the same about Gallo too? Lol.

I think it was Van Gundy that said he was the best shooter he's ever seen from the time he spent with him in Houston.

TD might actually see some minutes today.

that interview...lotta maturity I didn't expect.
he might just be saying the right things, but he showed them too yesterday.
smokin.gif

Amare's role isn't scorer anymore.  The offense doesn't go through him at all.  He needs to try to change his game around and just grab boards and defend.  At this point I'd consider trading him for a hustle PF.  Don't kill me but someone like Humphries would be great for this team right now. 
eyes.gif

amare needs to start playing like mcdyess when the knees were gone. thing is, amare plays no defense at all, never did.

Both Amare and Melo will have to sacrifice numbers for the greater good of the team. Forgot who said it, but they said that the star doesn't dictate the game, the game dictates the star...we have no excuse not to compete for a higher seed...this is the most stacked Knicks team in years and even better is that we have a legit lead guard and backup in Baron....

Tyson's role on the team is also understated as well. Then factor in the return of Jorts which adds more size o the frontline.

Shawne Williams is probably missing this team....Novak seems like a more accurate shooter than he was.

There is absolutely no reason to shy away from the occasional Melo ISO. How many people in this league can defend him 1-on-1? Very few. It'll open up lanes for Lin to score/create more shots for others. I might be one of the few optimistic ones when it comes to Melo's return and its contribution to the offensive plan. Defensively, he cannot be worse than Bill Walker. Bill Walker must play the worst physical defense I've seen in a while. He gives offensive players no space but always seems to be several steps behind
30t6p3b.gif

If I'm worried about anyone on this team, it is definitely STAT. Dude was a liability on defense but at least he was able to contribute offensively. Now his offensive possessions are
sick.gif
. He is either bricking on that back rim with his jumpshot, getting called on offensive fouls, or getting stripped or blocked when going to the basket. His play is night and day when compared to least season
30t6p3b.gif

Hype for tonight's game. Deron should be up for the game too. Hopefully he gives Lin his best shot, because I want to see how he responds. Get the W meanwhile though.
laugh.gif

No B.D. tonight for sure ?
ohwell.gif

I wasn't a big fan of that Sht Knicks Fans Say PT 2, but it had a few funny moments.

"Yo, how did they get Jeremy Lin anyways?"..They traded him for Stephon Marbury
laugh.gif

"I heard he's a Jabbawockee"

Back
Top Bottom