let this thread die (NYK)

BDiddy giving Lin rest is a huge deal down the stretch....and god some of these posts in here are awful to read....I avoid this thread like the plague
laugh.gif

...and yeah those photos were not funny.
But this had my dying early #Imout

520884687.jpg

What a ##**%$% game. Amazing

I'm upset that amare shot didn't count would have been great for confidence.

Dirk is disgusting. Filthy

Great time to be a fan of this team man

With Davis off the bench, Iman won't be asked to handle the ball as much too. He needs to keep the energy up for defense and when he attacks.. But we don't need him shooting contested shots or trying to force things... That's JR Smith's job now.

Novak should keep playing once Melo and Davis play.. His shot is too dangerous.

Plus anyone who does the Rodgers belt celebration is cool in my book.

Amare needs to learn how to play on the block. He should be able to get an easy 6-8 points every night just posting dude's up.

Originally Posted by LUKEwarm Skywalker

Lin can't keep logging those mins, especially when Knicks play 2-3 games in 2-3 nights.

Those three games in two night schedules are especially tiresome.

Good win
pimp.gif
, wait untill melo comes back they wont be able to switch a bigger defender on Lin like that, future looking real good right now

JR Smith is gonna be a huge offensive spark coming off the bench once he shakes that jet lag off. Plus, he has to adjust to the NBA defenders again. No disrespect to anyone in the Chinese League, but the NBA is the best pro basketball league in the world so naturally it's gonna have the best defenders. So he has to realize those days of dropping 60 on mediocre defenders is over. I'm confident he'll adjust tho. For his first NBA game in like a year, it was nothing to frown at

Avy. Check.
pimp.gif

I seriously hope Field's minutes dont go down. He had a good first half. I only see Shumpert and Walkers' minutes go down when Amare comes. Sharing minutes among Fields, Novak, Shumpert, Melo and Swish might be a little tough.

This team is infinitely times better without Bill Walker. Cut him now.

Mike Bibby
Toney Douglas
Bill Walker

Trade them for some practice balls or something.

It was a great win and exciting. Even when they got down by 12 you knew they were going to win.

This team is already scary w/o being healthy. When Jorts comeback we will be solidified

i know its the nba, the schedule is gruesome, and you gotta watch the minutes. but lin is one of those cats who will play pickup ball all day if he wasn't in the nba. his endurance and conditioning was probably always high.

JR Smith already looked like he loved playing with Lin in only his first game. They had great chemistry. Lin hit JR on numerous open 3s that he just missed. If JR hit the majority of the 3s that Lin hit him on, Lin would have had 2-3 more assists for the game. I agree that I don't want Landry's minutes to diminish tho. He just recently got his confidence up and to have him sit for 30 minutes a night would just kill that confidence.

Originally Posted by quik1987

This team is infinitely times better without Bill Walker. Cut him now.

Mike Bibby
Toney Douglas
Bill Walker

Trade them for some practice balls or something.
Word lol. All dead weight. 
Did anyone get a gif of Lin poppin his collar? I need that!

And this team is going to be even more dangerous when Melo comes back. I don't think some of ya'll understand how critical he is to our future success. If we can't make it work with Melo a deep run in the playoffs is unlikely. Look what New Orleans was able to do to us. Now double that. Teams like Miami and Chicago are gonna clog those lanes and shoot the gaps and you're going to wish you had someone who can score consistently from an iso. As long as Melo works in the flow of the game there should be no problem. If he wants the ball every time down and doesn't pass to cutters then there will be problems.

Hubie said something during the game that's is very true and I've been noticing. We need more offensive sets. You can't just run pick and roll all day. The better teams will adjust. 

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

Originally Posted by IX Is Tha Future

You guys think this team in 2 or 3 years could win a ship with Lin at the 1, JR at the 2, Melo at the 3, Amare at the 4, and Chandler at the 5? I think they could. They play D and they really have a college team feel as far as the continuity. Their bench mob with Lin is extremely scrappy and effective. I think they are a legit contender in a year or two.

They'll be a legit contender way sooner than 2-3 years...
It can happen this season, no joke...

if this knick team had a low post offensive player we can beat some of the top teams in the league. this dude stat has missed some pretty easy passes that lin has set him up with that have just passed right through his butter finger hands. id say like 12 of lins most recent turnovers have been passes to amare

Not only has Jeremy Lin and the Knicks been on a run, but this Knicks thread has too! We're only 9 pages away from the Laker thread, we were 60 pages away last week. HahaGreat game, Amare is not the same tho. He put on an extra 20lbs of muscle, maybe thats what's been affecting his shot and lift? Or maybe it's those knees and back giving up. Disappointing.

The truth about Melo playing with a PG...
Historically, statistics suggest Carmelo Anthony has not always impeded ball movement or prevented offensive flow. Over the course of his eight-year career, Anthony has primarily played with three point guards – Andre Miller, Allen Iverson, and Chauncey Billups. When Melo is paired with a point guard able to control the offense, the numbers prove he is not simply a stop-and-hold isolation player.

In Carmelo’s Rookie year (03-04), with Miller running the point, the Nuggets finished 9[sup]th[/sup] in the league in assists per game. ‘Dre averaged 8.5 assists per 48 minutes – not a stellar number, but a solid one.  60% of the Nuggets FG’s were assisted, a number that held true regardless of whether or not Anthony was on the floor. In total, 55% of his baskets were assisted. The offense wasn’t just dumping it off and watching, but rather finding him in easy-to-score situations. Additionally, Anthony averaged 4asts/48 – an excellent number for a “shoot-first

Back
Top Bottom