let this thread die (NYK)

Thanks to Linsanity we are only off the pace of the Lakers thread by 10 pages.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

It's funny how we went from a crappy team with no depth to a deep team that can be a contender once our injured guys are back.

It's the same roster but nobody would have called this lineup deep if the whole Lin thing hadn't happened.

Lin/Davis
Fields/Smith/Shump
Melo/Novak/Walker
Amare/Jeffries
Chandler/Jorts

Kevin Hart

If Melo fits with Lins style and Amare stops playing like the Monstars took his talent we're up there with Miami which I thought would have never been possible in the Amare/Melo era, and this is all due to a guy who was a bench warmer 2 weeks ago.
laugh.gif
True Story.
The rest was pretty accurate too. Funny how things change so quickly, this normally never happens in Basketball. Baseball & Football yes. Melo will be the MOST important player vs the Heat because he has always matched up with LeBron and done a good job on both ends, he becomes motivated. Shump I believe will be able to contain Dwyane Wade as well. Can't wait for Thursdays games

Originally Posted by tim teufel

So what are we aiming for? The 3rd seed?
It's definitely not out of reach. They're currently standing 7th, tied with Boston, and 4 games behind Philly in their division.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

roll.gif
i'm actually wondering why zuckerburg is giving shumpert the stare

i don't even think zuckerberg is looking at shumpert
he's probably thinking about buying MSG

Originally Posted by DubA169

I honestly think melo is going to have a field day

U wont be able to double Lin anymore
Not only that but the Mavs defended him w/ Marion.  Can't guard Lin with your SF once Melo returns.  His return will only help this team.
D'Antoni needs to figure out a solid second unit that doesn't need to depend on Lin.  This kid needs a breather or else he's gonna break down before the playoffs.

Originally Posted by DubA169

I honestly think melo is going to have a field day

U wont be able to double Lin anymore
NY was the only time in Melo's career that he hasn't played with a PG. That point-forward stuff was outside of his comfort zone. He had never been asked to do that at this level.

Now he can go back to the role he had with the Nuggets. He'll be perfectly fine.

I want stat to get in sync with Lin already. Dude has been set up quiet a few times to have the ball go right threw his hands smh

IMO Melo playing with good PG's before and playing with one now is irrelevant when it comes to this system.

The PG under D'Antoni has the ball A TON and everyone else plays off it. In it's simplest form, it's still PG, big man for PNR and having the floor spaced with shooters.

I really don't think anything has changed with how Melo fits what Mike does. His bread and butter is not a well utilized part of D'Antoni's system. same as last year, same as December and same as now. It's an odd fit and they both need to find a way to make it work.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

IMO Melo playing with good PG's before and playing with one now is irrelevant when it comes to this system.
Disagree. Andre Miller, Iverson, & Billups had the ball a ton under Karl, especially Miller. They were the primary ball handlers. The majority of Melo's points came off of assists when he was in DEN, unlike now.

Back
Top Bottom