Let's at least have a thread about the Oklahoma City Thunder and that they are in sixth place.

Durant is top 3 in the league in thr 4th quarter, dude is hot fire.
All they need is a big man, and they could be a major playoff contender.

I was srpised that they didn't make any trades for any bigs before the deadline.
They will probably hope to draft a defensive big in the next draft, I think they have multiple 1st round picks, am I right?

OKC isnt going to do as much damage as i would hope.

Their lack of dept at the 5 is going to get exploited, for sure in the playoffs.

KD is a damn monster though, so its really hard to predict. I would love to see a LA vs OKC though.

I thought that was the point in getting Harpring with his contract, to deal him with picks.

Jeff Green doesn't need to be traded to bring in a defensive stopper.

Thabeet will probably be moved in the off-season...but it should have been done this year. They have enough to contend now, I don't think it has to be a "well at least we made it"

There's not a real quality big coming in the draft next yr. Cousins, Aldrich, Pittman, severly undersized Varnardo? I'm not impressed. There's some hybrid forwards like Greg Monroe and Al Farooq Aminu, but again they'd be somewhat redundant to what we already have. I'd just package the picks for an established veteran. Hell, I'd throw some MLE money Dampier's way, no !!*$@@+*.

One of my favorite teams to watch.

They probably won't make it out of the first round (similar to the Blazers last season) but will not be an easy out either.

I hope they can make a move for a solid big soon.

i think bosh would be a great fit with the thunder.. doesn't have a bad shoot, can score down low.. two things the thunder don't have right now

and i would absolutely move jeff green for a legit PF (say bosh or kevin love, who i would LOVE on the thunder.. can someone explain to me what is going on with him up there in minny?)..

jeff green is in a tough position.. no doubt he is a quality player, but he is out of position at the 4.. and with the franchise (durant) playing his natural position, he will never be in an ideal situation with the thunder

Originally Posted by JumpmanJordanAddict89

there still the SONICS IN MY EYE
damn shame, and it hurts even more now that they are so raw. 
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

i want my team back. !%$$ the nba. 

Originally Posted by Drama23

which seed does 6 or 7th usually play? 5th?

They can cause alot of matchup probs with westbrook and durant.  but like others have said, they need a big man.  They should get a big solid like haywood or camby.
indifferent.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Aldrich would be ideal if you could move up to get him IMO.
Agreed... Cole would be a GREAT fit for what they're doing...

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by Im Not You

I don't think they're better than Memphis
I think I saw what you did there.
roll.gif

Ya'll trip me out.

Memphis = bottom dweller remember that
pimp.gif

It'll be interested to see how well they play in the playoffs. Defense win ball games and they got a guy that can take over, but their also the youngest team in the league. So, will their actually play take over their lack of playoff experience or vice versa.

i wish they were on national tv alot more. since we see same 4 teams every week. smh at nba for not having them on nat'l tv more than once.

They'll be on TV a lot next year, trust me.

Only thing that stands in their way from making the second round is playing intimidated or scared in the playoffs. If they play like they have been all year, they can beat San Antonio, Phoenix, maybe even Dallas in a series.

hell no they cant beat the mavs in a series.

their inexperience will be exposed in the playoffs.

those last 5 mins of playoff games is unlike anything they've ever seen before

but they can realistically go to the second round.

I think out of the teams currently in the playoff picture, the only ones they could realistically beat are the Suns, Blazers, and maybe the Jazz (cause they are Jekyll and Hyde all the time) I don't think they could beat any of the top 3 LA, DEN, or DAL 4 times in 2 weeks.

1st round Playoff team ? yes
Conference playoff team ? Nah
Final contender ? Nah reach

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

Originally Posted by JumpmanJordanAddict89

there still the SONICS IN MY EYE
damn shame, and it hurts even more now that they are so raw. 
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

i want my team back. !%$$ the nba. 

I had NBA ticket on Direct TV every year until last year...I still haven't watched a full NBA game till this day.  One day the Sonics will be back!!!

They're dangerous because they actually play D. Gonna be interesting to see what they do

I have NO love for Clay Bennet, but I have nothing but love for this team. They're young and play hard.
The gap between Durant and LeBron is definitely shrinking, and it sucks to know that Durant was set to be one of the greatest/the greatest Sonic ever.

My question is, with every team wearing a hardwood classic uniforms a couple of games during the season, will these guys ever don the green and gold again?
Though I highly doubt it because Clay despises Seattle as much as Seattle despises him, I'd see it as a hats off to the franchise and city.

With all that being said, I can't wait to see how these kids are going to do in the playoffs.

What I like is a lot of their pieces came from the draft.....

Imagine if they woulda got Tyson Chandler.

Originally Posted by DsLee559

I have NO love for Clay Bennet, but I have nothing but love for this team. They're young and play hard.
The gap between Durant and LeBron is definitely shrinking, and it sucks to know that Durant was set to be one of the greatest/the greatest Sonic ever.

My question is, with every team wearing a hardwood classic uniforms a couple of games during the season, will these guys ever don the green and gold again?
Though I highly doubt it because Clay despises Seattle as much as Seattle despises him, I'd see it as a hats off to the franchise and city.

With all that being said, I can't wait to see how these kids are going to do in the playoffs.
They can't. They left the team colors and name in Seattle (they got to take the championship banner though). I don't think even Clay Bennett would stoop to that level and have them wear Sonics jerseys, especially so soon after the move, especially if they want any respect from NBA fans and the media. They would get blasted for it.

Back
Top Bottom