Let's be real, "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" is Kanye's best album.

Grauduation sucked says the Jay-Z stan wow I've heard it all
How are these two things related, its not like Jay-Z made graduation. Bringing up my opinions on Jay-Z in a KanYe West thread is totally irrelevant

How are these two things related, its not like Jay-Z made graduation. Bringing up my opinions on Jay-Z in a KanYe West thread is totally irrelevant

Yeah whatever everyone knows how you hold Jay-Z's hand all the time. So why did Graduation suck explain?

In the case of Graduation it's simple, the album is bad because the majority of the songs are bad. Can't Tell Me Nothing, I Wonder,Homecoming, and Big Brother are the only good songs on it, everything else is subpar or flat out terrible.

Its definitely overrated with all the industry love it got at the time of its release and all the album of the year awards also. Still a good album though, but i would rank it below CD, LR, and Graduation.

Calling it one of the worst albums ever made though? Geez :lol: :smh:

Classic? I don't think we can categorize it just yet, being that its only been out for a few years. But definitely a good album.

For me College Dropout had to be his best work to this day, and 808 is second.

graduation is by far his best work in my opinion , if i had to rank them

1.graduation

2.college dropout

3.late registration

and those are the only ones worth ranking , but if you like name dropping designer brands

and over the top featurings then i guess i can see why you like the album

it honestly barely feels like an albums , its a little all over the place

Last edited:
808s is his most complete heartfelt album... MBDTF was raved about commercially but its def not a classic.. i personally dont see people 5 years from now talking about how good it is.. if you think about it only albums from kanye people revisit is college drop out and 808s... sooo idk... its alright but def not a classic

Music critics and hipsters like to call it his best work. His Sgt Peppers of you will. I'd have to agree. College Dropout was fresh and full of energy and promise, a great album, but not as strong as MBDTF. LR was a great album but a little overdone, every song had intense production, but sometimes simple is better, IMO LR was a little over produced. 808 is a niche album. For me it would be between Graduation and MBDTF, it really just depends on my mood. I'd have to give it to MBDTF in the end though. However, Graduation is his best work when performed live, MBDTF better in my headphones, just depends, at the end of the day though, when a single artist can give you all that, that's legendary. 

CD on soul and lyrics, LR on production, Graduation on mainstream appeal, 808's is his best executed themed album, MBDTF is a mix of all.

I wouldnt say MBDTF is any more classic than his other albums, they all just play to different elements and audiences.

personally I like them all for different reasons but as far as playback value.
CD>LR>MBDTF>808's>Graduation

People really rocking with 808s I personally didn't like it because of all the autotune but that was five years ago and I'm going to listen to it again because my take on music is different now. Well I don't know because I still despise autotune. 808s did have a great theme though.

on late registration you had

blood diamonds from sierra leone

drive slow

crack music

we major

gone

hey mama

celebration

all those songs had differant moods , themes , topics etc

he was actin like a damb diva on my dark twisted fantasy he came off like drake

with the whole hissy fit me against the world 1st world problems etc

and the damb featurings where crazy forgetable ....

game one crack music>>>>>

cam'ron on gone>>>>

nas on we major>>>>

common on my way home>>>>>

WHAT THE HELL DID FERGIE ADD TO ALL OF THE LIGHTS?????

WHAT DID CY HI THE PRINCE ADD TO "SO APALLED"?????

"Fourteen artists lent their voices as background vocals to the song: Alicia Keys, John Legend, The-Dream, Drake, Fergie, Kid Cudi, Elton John, Ryan Leslie, Charlie Wilson, Tony Williams, Elly Jackson, Alvin Fields, Ken Lewis, and Rihanna"

People really rocking with 808s I personally didn't like it because of all the autotune but that was five years ago and I'm going to listen to it again because my take on music is different now. Well I don't know because I still despise autotune. 808s did have a great theme though.

Pretty much how I feel. That autotune was terrible

No way in hell it's a classic, it's good but not classic good.

Late Registration>

Last edited:
This album is tied with "Graduation" for his best bodies of work. I can respectfully agree with OP on this one.

Back
Top Bottom