LET'S DISCUSS HEALTHY EATING VOL WE OFF RED MEAT

I'm a big fan of a cheat meal instead of a chest day. Like you said, planning around that delicious plate of cheese fries by prepping all morning and afternoon makes me feel WAY less guilty.

Waking up having a sausage biscuit followed by a cheeseburger for lunch and then some fried chicken for dinner is far too much for me.

for those of you who went off red meat for some period of time (or ate much less)....what did you notice? any considerable change in weight or how you feel?

for those of you who went off red meat for some period of time (or ate much less)....what did you notice? any considerable change in weight or how you feel?

I'm curious too--given that I've never even eaten a whole lot of red meat at any point in my life

I also gotta say this whole "gluten free" thing, I'm not noticing too much either. Granted I never ate a whole lot of bread etc. but I don't "feel" or "notice" anything. I wonder if I have to completely cut it out or scale back (like I've been doing)

You may not have a gluten intolerance then. Cut it out completely for a few weeks and if you don't notice any change, you're probably good to go.

You may not have a gluten intolerance then. Cut it out completely for a few weeks and if you don't notice any change, you're probably good to go.

I mean I know I don't :lol: But I just wanted to see what the hype was all about--- ppl claim it makes you feel so much better etc. You know?

I'll have to really sit down and map out my grocery shopping though. Next time I get paid it's ON!

Gluten free really only benefits people who need gluten free foods from my understanding. :lol:

I believe gluten is inflammatory in all people, just that some exhibit more symptoms than others. Others who tolerate it are likely experiencing sub-clinical effects.

just read the title and decided to post
we cant eat red meat and eat healthy at the same time now or something? :lol:

Last edited:
What are your thoughts on dairy?

A good percentage of adults will have negative digestive issues and some times other issues like acne from dairy.

Keep this in mind for everything you eat, but especially with meat and dairy....Where did it come from? What antibiotics are being given to the animal and what type of food are they getting?

If you're eating dairy or drinking milk that came from a cow that was treated with antibiotics and given a diet of genetically modified food, you're ingesting all of those same GMO's and antibiotics.

If you have to drink milk, go for organic, but there are other alternatives to milk.

P4L 
nthat.gif

when you guys have cheat days do you just go in on one meal or just eat all day :rolleyes and how are you guys handling the holidays, more specifically october candy thanksgiving turkey and xmas to come meals? i also cant cut off bread from my diet...I love eating bread and sandwiches :lol: its what got me started, word to jared. over the past 2 years i dropped down from as big as 240 down to 150 fluctuates from 150-155. i wanna keep it this way and keep my lil' 4 pack :nerd:

also, i feel like im starting to have an ocd. like im afraid of turning back into mr. klump :lol: so after "what i think" is bad meals i have a strong urge to have to work it out. and since i moved back with my folks to save money i can't help but eat some of the cookings my mom make like vietnamese pho and etc.

i also cant cut off bread from my diet...I love eating bread and sandwiches :lol: its what got me started, word to jared.

Start shopping for bread in the frozen section. Probably the best bread you can get comes from a brand called Food For Life. They're pretty well known for their Ezekiel bread and you can get it at pretty much any Whole Foods or Safeway, and I've even seen it at Food Lion before. It's a little expensive, but you really can't beat this bread.

These are the ingredients in the Ezekiel

Organic Sprouted Wheat, Organic Sprouted Barley, Organic Sprouted Millet, Organic Malted Barley, Organic Sprouted Lentils, Organic Sprouted Soybeans, Organic Sprouted Spelt, Filtered Water, Fresh Yeast, Organic Wheat Gluten, Sea Salt.

If you're going to buy bread, or anything for that matter, check the ingredients. If there's a bunch of stuff you can't pronounce and the list is a mile long, put it down.I honestly prefer the taste of this to conventional supermarket bread too.

View media item 694574
http://www.foodforlife.com/product/breads/ezekiel-49-sprouted-whole-grain-bread

I'm a big fan of a cheat meal instead of a chest day. Like you said, planning around that delicious plate of cheese fries by prepping all morning and afternoon makes me feel WAY less guilty.

Waking up having a sausage biscuit followed by a cheeseburger for lunch and then some fried chicken for dinner is far too much for me.

when you guys have cheat days do you just go in on one meal or just eat all day :rolleyes and how are you guys handling the holidays, more specifically october candy thanksgiving turkey and xmas to come meals? i also cant cut off bread from my diet...I love eating bread and sandwiches :lol: its what got me started, word to jared. over the past 2 years i dropped down from as big as 240 down to 150 fluctuates from 150-155. i wanna keep it this way and keep my lil' 4 pack :nerd:

I use to have cheat days.. But I really like the idea of cheat meals..

Ideas on lunches to pack if you have no fridge/microwave? It's gotta sit in my car for 4 hours

I have basically 8 hours straight of class with only a 15 minute break twice a week.

My daily food intake usually looks like this:

Breakfast (pre-workout)- 4 scrambled eggs (2 whole eggs and 2 just the whites). Sometimes I'll have some grapes or a banana as well. And occasionally I'll have 1 slice of whole wheat toast.

Lunch (post-workout)- either chicken (baked or grilled) or ground turkey, with 1 cup of whole wheat pasta, and some type of veggie. Either tomato, broccoli, or cucumber. Or sometimes I'll do a combo of all 3 veggies and just skip on the pasta of I'm tryna cut back on the carb intake that day. And occasionally I'll have a baked sweet potato.

And dinner is usually just leftovers from lunch

Thats pretty much all I eat throughout the day. Sometimes I'll have a small snack either between lunch and dinner, or later at night after dinner. I'm constantly drinking water too.

I pretty much gave up everything bad. Haven't eaten junk or fast food in about a month now (with the exception of Subway and Chipotle on my cheat days). Also given up soda and juice. Pretty much the only thing I refuse to give up is beer, but I guess that's alright since I only go out for drinks like once every week or two.

I'm trying to lose weight, sometimes I still feel like I'm not eating enough each day. What do yall think? Are there any changes I should make in my diet? I work out 4 days a week for about 2 hours if that matters.

I've been on a strict paleo diet and have been eating mostly salad/chicken, in addition to 2 gallons of water and juices everyday. Definitely feel a lot cleaner.

What helped me a lot is being really picky about what I eat. I stay away from all processed foods (e.g. anything in a can that's not tuna/fish, cereals, etc.). This has basically removed all carbs from my diet.

PS - I also cut out alcohol. My skin is much better for it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom