Let's Discuss the career of Clifford Harris

I %$%+ with him but there's maybe only a couple songs off every album that I can bump all the time.

He's coo but theres nothing outstanding about him. IMO. Paper Trail/Trap Musik are his best. Ti vs TIP was trash and it was supposed to be hella good.

But I've always bought his albums since Trap Musik.

TI vs TIP was his worst album to date, and worst gimmick I might add. TI got a certain swagger about him southern style, kind of how 2pac had a fake thug swagto him that got people to listen to dude. They are both the same in the way, both are walking promoting advertisements to themselves the way AI was/is in theleague when he came in w/ the rows and arm sleeves, got kids following they style. TI got that, ain't too off the wall like Wayne or too comedic like Luda.He creates songs that are hits in the club, and on the radio as well he'll never do another I'm Serious or Trap Muzik but he will continue shiningthrough strong singles and guest appearances on other artists songs

Originally Posted by jmause3

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

He's coo but theres nothing outstanding about him. IMO.
Yup
QFT

I don't really understand what's so great about him, and I say that as someone who's been listening to him since IS.

paper trail was the best album of 08
roll.gif

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

TI is my personal top 10.

Ya'll really don't listen to the lyrics on some of his songs. He really is that dude.

He's the truth but I noticed once Dro came into the picture TIP's style changed imo. He could've inspired Dro but I think vice versa

Yea trap muzik was crazy be easy,doin my job,rubberband man, I can't quit,lets get away..son had some bangers man..

TI vs TIP was his worst album to date, and worst gimmick I might add. TI got a certain swagger about him southern style, kind of how 2pac had a fake thug swag to him that got people to listen to dude. They are both the same in the way, both are walking promoting advertisements to themselves the way AI was/is in the league when he came in w/ the rows and arm sleeves, got kids following they style. TI got that, ain't too off the wall like Wayne or too comedic like Luda. He creates songs that are hits in the club, and on the radio as well he'll never do another I'm Serious or Trap Muzik but he will continue shining through strong singles and guest appearances on other artists songs

He's coo but theres nothing outstanding about him. IMO.
Cosign...

And I'm not tryina say dude snitched or whatever, cuz i don't know his personal history like some people on here seem to...

But how exactly can you get so little time for such a crime committed???

And can that N' REALLY be a 7-TIME felon??

I agree with the above mentioned statement that he has one of the best catalogs of any Southern solo MC, I've got the whole discography and am EXTREMELYpicky with the aspect of lyrics in hip-hop, which explains why I HATE listening to LIl' Wayne giggle at the end of every line, when I know dude is a beast.Sorry to jump off subject, back to TIP...I'd say of the last 5-10 years, he's in my top ten bar for bar...I know some heads like saying that Scarfaceis better and idk if thats some sort of homage being paid cuz of his influence on Southern Hip-Hop, but bar for bar, Scarface ain't as nice as TI...

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

One of Hip Hops most consistent artist by far. Only album I really wasn't a fan of was 'TI vs TIP'. Everything else is on point. Though 'KING' was a bit repetitive, it does have its high points and some of his best material. 'Trap Muzik' is classic, probably my favorite Southern album. 'I'm Serious' is a great album and 'Paper Trail' is probably his second best effort. Its such a complete album, I find it hard to dislike it.

Currently, he's one of my favorite artist.

He's obviously not for everyone though. Its easy to point out how his topics don't range out that far, but I really could care less. Dude is making great music right now and probably one of the only mainstream artist that has all the qualities of a great artist.

I agree.

Don't sleep on Urban Legend, though.

That album was
pimp.gif

I've stated on this site i'm not a fan of dude and IMO he's an average rapper who puts out good albums. But my beef with dude and his albums isthat he sounds the same. He's shown ZERO growth as a emcee since getting in the game.

As far as his album goes they are what they are. Great production. Good lyrics. But that's every album. And his albums play out like a compilation disc orlike a soundtrack. And its in part due to all of these producers his label or TI himself assembles together. It just has his albums going all over the place.That's why I think dude doesn't get the credit he deserves as a rapper. Give me a album with 60% production by Toomp and a little Justice League andDrumma boy. You listen to Blueprint and there's a consistent sound there. Hell you listen to Trap Muzik there's a consistent sound. Paper Trail is asoundtrack.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

It just has his albums going all over the place. That's why I think dude doesn't get the credit he deserves as a rapper. Give me a album with 60% production by Toomp and a little Justice League and Drumma boy. You listen to Blueprint and there's a consistent sound there. Hell you listen to Trap Muzik there's a consistent sound. Paper Trail is a soundtrack.

I can see where you're coming from with this statement... the cohesiveness production wise could be better. Valid arguement

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Cliff is my guy musically.
Yep. I can't co-sign his in-court behavior, because I don't know what it is (although it is a bit fishy...), but musically, there justaren't many rappers today I'd rather hear than TIP.

Never really liked him..... but don't hate him either. Has some decent songs, but I could care less if he never made another track.

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

Unlike most, I f's with all his albums, some more than others.
True. T.I. vs. T.I.P. as an album wasn't good, but it had some good songs. Matter of fact, most of his albums aren't good as a whole, butmany of the songs have replay value on each one.

Back
Top Bottom