Let's face it, Jay-Z is the bar in which we compare rappers to because he is the best. PERIOD

Speaking of jay z anybody know of that sweet remix done by DJ green lantern. I can't find it anywhere.

he's the most successful rapper he is not the best rapper by a long shot

Most successful at what though? Eminem has his OWN radio station for crying out loud :lol:

Let's not be naive here ninjahood, I know you can do better than that champ.  Also, since Eminem is has sold more records than Nas, is Em better than Nas based upon your statements from earlier??

Im sayin nas is a better rapper & other rappers been as successful as jay-z away from music.

Jay been relevant for the last 15+ years.

I'd say hes the most successful to ever do it, or in my generation/lifetime thus far at least
And Nas has been relevant for the last 20+ years so what is your point? I see alot of people naming artibutes of what makes Jay-z great and I keep seeing story telling listed. Haha I guess you guys haven't heard of KRS-ONE, Rakim, and Slick Rick? Im starting to think some of you Jay-z fans have A.D.D. and think that him rapping about playing craps in Vegas while sipping Margarita's is a story because he did it in 8 bars.

Let's not be naive here ninjahood, I know you can do better than that champ.  Also, since Eminem is has sold more records than Nas, is Em better than Nas based upon your statements from earlier??

Yes. Is that not possible? Weird lyrics or not, they are amazing most of the time. Ems first 3 albums > any rappers best 3 albums.

People in here sayin, oh but ___ is better lyrically, oh but ___ has more flow.

Not a single ******g rapper is more versatile than HOV in terms of song making, bars, flow, appeal, etc.

No one will probably ever do what he has done. Pretty easy to throw rocks at the throne.

Song making? Seriously? Give me one song Jay made popular by himself. No one will do what he has done? Wayne is doing it right now. Jay is 100% pop rapper dude.

LOL please

If we're talking strictly music this is just an idiotic statement

Last edited:
Only on NT is it cool to dismiss Kanye and Jay's clear contributions to rap culture over the past 10-20 years

Last edited:
And Nas has been relevant for the last 20+ years so what is your point? I see alot of people naming artibutes of what makes Jay-z great and I keep seeing story telling listed. Haha I guess you guys haven't heard of KRS-ONE, Rakim, and Slick Rick? Im starting to think some of you Jay-z fans have A.D.D. and think that him rapping about playing craps in Vegas while sipping Margarita's is a story because he did it in 8 bars.

Nas relevancy no where near jay on a national/global level

Keep in mind the avg age on here. Most guys probably in elementary school or kindergarten when those guys were hot.

Overall very subjective topic no 1 right answer. One of my first CDs at10 was The Dynasty roc la familia :lol: I grew up musically with Jay so I might be biased. I've always enjoyed his wordplay and motivational feeling I get listening to him. But I can take a step back and look at his overall impact to rap music from 1996+ an struggle to find someone that can match the run he's had up to today....besides Ye but he ain't been around long enough yet

Last edited:

Keep in mind the avg age on here. Most guys probably in elementary school or kindergarten when those guys were hot.

Overall very subjective topic no 1 right answer.
da only reason people know who jay-z is on a global level is because of beyonce...thats been stated

and for da record, nas is been on since 94, jay-z since 96 and they're both relevant now.

^ Maybe in the northeastern region of the US, I know u in that heightz fishbowl

Out west it's a different story

And beyonce is why ?? :lol: sheesh

Overall i feel like we're so quick to discredit jay because of some bold comments when in reality we should just enjoy the music for what it's worth while these guys are still around.

Last edited:
da only reason people know who jay-z is on a global level is because of beyonce

roll.gif
laugh.gif
WUT
laugh.gif
C'mon Ninja you don't even believe that. 

Most successful at what though? Eminem has his OWN radio station for crying out loud :lol:

What he's saying are two different things you're completely missing though.

All he did by mentioning those two statements was him covering bases most ppl who actually believe the thread title will jump to and call it support for their side. It aint even hard to understand so asking if Em is better than Nas cuz he sold more records shows a misunderstanding on your part.

Ninja's right though. I mean Jay was known globally before, but not at the level he is now. Beyone being the one the major headliners of pop music has added so much to Jay's profile. Most rap fans don't want to admit it though. This isn't a shot at Jay. Rap is still a relatively young genre, our superstars aren't usually of the crossover material. The whole "retirement" + attaching himself to Beyonce helped pushed Jay further.

If you cats dont think Beyonce's music is bigger worldwide than Jay ya are trippin

dudes judegement is soo clouded by their love of all things Shawn Carter they cant understand anything that isnt complete praise of the man

He IS NOT the best rapper ever he did they best job of crossing over and making money outside of rap I say this becuase Em didnt have to cross over he's white

in terms of making himself a staple in the enetertainment world Jay may be the best but if we talkin rapping NO WAY

Pun,DMX,Nas,Big L,Biggie,Em>Jay when it comes to rapping

Most successful at what though? Eminem has his OWN radio station for crying out loud
laugh.gif
Im sayin nas is a better rapper & other rappers been as successful as jay-z away from music.
Nah, if anything Jay is a better rapper than Nas.  I can see why some might say Nas is a better lyricist than Jay, although I personally don't agree but the better rapper and everything that comes along with that is Jay between the two. 

As far as the rappers that have been as successful as Jay please name them??  Not saying they don't exist ninjahood but please provide names.
Exactly, and I like Nas.  He's s a great rapper and one of the all time greats for sure.  However, in comparison between Nas and Jay, Nas would be described as local while Jay is national/global.
da only reason people know who jay-z is on a global level is because of beyonce.
Bless your heart.  See ninjahood statements like this allow myself and others to know that you truly haven't left your block in quite some time, if ever at all and give us an idea as to why you don't' know what your talking about some of the time depending on the topic at hand. 

Now I will give you credit for holding your own and taking care of business in the General Forum that last couple of days/weeks, I see what your doing and I applaud you for your efforts.  However................however, as it pertains to the Music forum and taking care of business the last couple of days not so much.  From you actually believing that Dipset will get back together, to thinking Juelz is about to run the rap game this year, to now this asinine statement above, champ it's been all downhill with a steady slope for you in the music forum.
What he's saying are two different things you're completely missing though
No I get what he's saying but his original statement is flawed because I know that he personally feels that Nas is a better rapper than Jay and that's fine cause it's his opinion of course but with that being said Jay has sold more records than Nas, so where does that leave his point of Em selling more records than Jay thus being better than Jay COMBINED with him saying Nas is more lyrical than Jay.  Had ninjahood just stuck with saying Nas is more lyrical than Jay as his argument, then maybe he could draw up an argument or discussion from that, but when he threw in the point of Em selling more records than Jay, ninjahood managed to shot himself and his thesis in the foot. 

Jay-Z is the most imitated rapper because he's accessible. He's fantastic at what he does, but it's something other rappers look at and believe they can imitate. No one can do what Nas has done at his best.

Alot of ya stuck in jay-z's lap ya dont understand that once u leave those international borders

Its a whole different ball game.

50 is bigger then jay-z globally. Its like how kobe is sooo much bigger then lebron

In china.

Jay-z before Beyonce wasnt anyone serious internationally. Its like how lil wayne is HUGE

Here but across those borders he's just another rapper.

Back
Top Bottom