Lets get a tips, tricks & steps 2 help Produce STICKY PL

~~~ How do you make the sound where the bass seems to ride along with the beat? Its not the hard hittin bass, it just seems to roll...I hope yall can understand me on this one. I use Fruity Loops. Thanks to whoever wherever.

Quote:
so reason or fruityloop and which version, and right now all i got is a mouse and a keyboard =/

Reason 3.0....FL 6.5somethin

you can still make a beat without a Controller(piano)...especially in Fruity Loops. It's how I started out.
Just go to
"Options"
"Switches"
and check
"Typing to Keyboard"
you basically are confined to the letters on the keyboard...if you start making and messing with chords and melodies then you will definately need a controller.
It makes the work flow faster, and you can get sick with the keys.
But you can still tap beats out with the computer keyboard.

Or...you can pencil em in with the mouse.

Just work with what you got for now, learn it, and then decide if you wanna break bread for other pieces.

Like right now, i'm just getting into the way things sound and how to get that right mix. I got some @#%$ computer speakers and am seriously thinking on dropping 5 bills on some Monitor speakers, but with all the V releases, it's making it hard to do.
Baron Davis flow and that's a
WARRIORS DRIVE...[/b]​

a controller is just another name for a piano keyboard or drumpad, etc.

It works through something called MIDI.
you can 'trigger' sounds through the controller with the samples or drumkits that you have in FL/Reason, etc.

so, it's just like having a grand piano with like a million different sounds, like synths, basses, strings, and whatever you have.

does that make sense?

This is what I have.
It was like a 150 at the time.

2z3zyit.jpg

WARRIORS DRIVE...[/b]​

Quote:
~~~ How do you make the sound where the bass seems to ride along with the beat? Its not the hard hittin bass, it just seems to roll...I hope yall can understand me on this one. I use Fruity Loops. Thanks to whoever wherever.

do you have a midi keyboard

Floss B.. No , but its no problem gettin' one..Im going to have to cop me one. So when I get it whats the stee...( How is that sound produced?) Thanx man for your reply.

ALSO--------- ZOMBIE it DOES make sense Thanx homie...That just kicked it a whole notha level for me. I cant believe I attempted without utilizing that tip.

^a lot of people think the sound comes from the controller...it comes from whatever is being controlled...
[/center]

Quote:
^a lot of people think the sound comes from the controller...it comes from whatever is being controlled...

exactly...facin - i dont think he was calling you out or anything, its just a lot of people make the mistake of getting it b/c its cheap only to find out its blank... reason soounds , FL sounds, garageband all have sounds in them and can be added, so you use the midi keyboard to control those sounds

Do they make recycle for mac anyone know? annd how much was it?

somebody do a recycle tutorial. i cant figure that thing out.
[/center]

Quote:
^^^Thanks for that link. I was told about this site buy my school but I never went on there tol now

yeah no prob. thats where everyone at my school gets their stuff too
[/center]

Thanks for the link hopefully I can use that

And I second that tutorial..maybe on youtube or something

Let me try the recycle tutorial. This is what I do and know.

First, the sample cannot be in mp3 format, I usually chop and convert it to a .wav file in Cool Edit.
I know your chop game is on point Time so, should be easy.

After the wav is shot out, open Recycle and drag the .wav sample into it.

It'll say something like "move the left locator to the 1st slice point"
I say "Yes"

CLick on the "Preview Toggle" icon, it's right arrow in a circle thing at top

Then I set the "bars" column to "4"

Then I set the "Sens" slider to a point where slices show up, it's up to you where you want to set it, but I usually don't do to much. It just determines single pressed keys when you drop it from Dr. Rex.

Then "File", Save as "....." and it will be converted to a Rex file.

End of that.

In Reason, open a DR. Rex.
Load what you just chopped and converted (the Rex file)
then just press the "To Track" button and Bam.
I think the keys for this are the same as where the Redrum samples would be.
That's all I know.
WARRIORS DRIVE...[/b]​

whats a good way to master a track with vocals on it and everything? when i make a song, the vocals seem to be over the beat, not one with it, you get me?

i use fl 6 and cool edit pro, but is there a software program out there that is specifically for mixing and mastering?

then all ya troops
Plus , and Kneesh?... Sheesh!!​

What chu know bout that?​

Mixing - there is no right or wrong only good and bad...mixing is what and how you want the listener to hear your music...so if you want them to hear the beat turn that sucker up vice versa...I personaly like to mix so that it feels the track is hugging the vocals ...so its like 55 beat 45 vocals

Mastering is making sure all songs on one tape are at the same level

If you listen to ludacris - money maker in the headphones are monitors
You will hear a great mix and master

^^ Thanks for the last two replies.. they helped.

then all ya troops
Plus , and Kneesh?... Sheesh!!​

What chu know bout that?​

RHYME SIK --- I wasnt trying to be funny man...I guess it came out wrong because of the word (convey) I was just wondering what you were trying to let us know...I want to learn all that I can before this thread goes to the wayside.

TYME ---- FLOSS---- thanks for the clear up .

The rest of yall the input is appreciated ALOT. I learned a few interesting things in this thread. VERY HELPFUL.

Quote:

^ Still haven't gotten this ? answered though....

ANY HELP OUT THERE?

Facin - I don't use FL...but that hard hittin long bass...can be acheived different ways

One is picking out a SUB ...subs can last for as long as you hold down the key or pad

Next to can just pick out a piano or electric guitar sound and choose a low keyboard octave and create the bassline effect

On mpc's they have sliders so it works well to drag out efx
Lastly if you have mpc or reason you can mesh sounds to together or create your own sound to fit that long hittin bass

All in all I think you meant a sub bass though, if not try the other 2 techniques

On another note made a cold drumline...but couldn't find any thing to match it...it was an original beat, not a sample and sounded like the flipmode squad could have got on there

Back
Top Bottom