Lets get a tips, tricks & steps 2 help Produce STICKY PL

Got the idea from this post p093.ezboard.com/fniketal...4725.topic

we can get discussions going on producing from hardware and software aspects

Alot of forums have jerks and really dont want to help, but we can give each other tips and meanings to producing ex) like what a sequence is, how to count bars, and how to timestretch etc I really think we could get it poppin (nh) let me know who down to help newbies, advanced, and experts

aim - flossb15

So basically we need to set up , whos good with what software or hardware and then what programs and instruments that you have.

Also it would help if we could get aim names and your speciality

Aim - flossb15 , Programs - reason 3.0 and axiom midi controller 25 for custom beats, and mbox 2 and mpc 4k with samples...dont know everything about 4k yet, still reading, but i can work my way around it

please add on, so we know who to ask for help with what...Once we get enough people we can go ahead and get into what the definitions of everything means

:rofl:
roll.gif
:rofl:
roll.gif

im high too..

but i gotta question... im looking for the best monitors i can buy under 500 dollars... any suggestions? i just gotta simple small room setup.
i was thinking about the krk rp8's...or i was gonna go cheaper and get the m audio bx8a's.... any help. any other suggestions?

am i losing alot of quality? thanks.

How proffesional sounding can I make the beats sound if I use just a M-audio keystation 49e midi controller, and reason?

get the krk ..i think they go for 300 a pair and vary by size, also m-audio has so new ones

I mean to be truthful, you need programs or racks to get that perfect sound, but thats not detectable to the average consumers ears, so it wouldnt hurt , its all about what you put into it,

I've heard 10k dollar equipment sound horrible and FL4 sound amazing, its all in the mix and mastering, plus the actual beat, how you compose it...Btw sometimes simple is better because you learn the ins and outs to your equipment

Quote:
i was thinking about the krk rp8's

I'm contemplating on getting the same @#%$.

I'm sure you've already checked here, but if not,

www.sweetwater.com/shop/studio/

they be having some "sweet" @#%$ deals.

As far as tips go, I'm pretty grounded in FL Studio, and am somewhat finding my way through Reason.
Baron Davis flow and that's a
WARRIORS DRIVE...[/b]​

Quote:
How proffesional sounding can I make the beats sound if I use just a M-audio keystation 49e midi controller, and reason?

You tell me...

thats all i use...that and my mpd...

check me out...

reason is dope...i recently got a triton refill...the more sounds the better and the effects are pretty dope and straightforward...

it also makes u nicer on the keys... :pimp:
pimp.gif

[/center]

I really want to start making beats just for fun. Can anyone tell me if I should cop the new mpc500 or spend extra and get like a 2500. I really don't want to put out to much and if the 500 works it would be perfect. Also like the size and the batteries.

^ if you gonna pay for a 500 which is 799, you might as well get the 1000 for 600 used and get the memory , cause you'd be wasting money...also 799 is alot to just be playing for leisure, when you could get software if you dont plan on getting paid

After using FL for about 5 years Reason's sequencing seems so counterintuitive, but the sounds are :wow:
eek.gif

Yea reason sounds are dope, i find it easier than FL though, but everyone is different

Man I been wanting to knows this for a long @#%$ time. How in the hell can I make beats with my keyboard on Fruity Loops? I swear I must not have my @#%$ plugged up right because i've fooled with this for about 2 weeks and can't get anything to come from my keyboard.

yo purp i got those rp-8's, from everything i read they were the best bang for the buck, so I went ahead and got a pair...never heard the m-audios though, but not many people liked them, said they colored the sound too much.

but going from regular stereo speakers to monitors you can really hear the difference...but i still check my mixes on my old speakers just to compare.

If you want to save some money look into the rp-6's

thanks. i have a question how much "boom" are you losing with the rp6's... i need something that will really hit on the low end for just an average sized bedroom.

Its all with your ears if you choose the rp - and your room is normal size then it will def. fill the room and some to a very loud level, other than that, go to guitar center and test them out, they allow that on store models

Bump...so we can get a good idea of what software and hard ware items everyone is using, so we know who to ask if we have a specific question on it

Quote:
if you gonna pay for a 500 which is 799, you might as well get the 1000 for 600 used and get the memory , cause you'd be wasting money...also 799 is alot to just be playing for leisure, when you could get software if you dont plan on getting paid

Hey thanks for the input. I guess I should clear a few things up. I don't want to buy used equip if I do not have to. I know I can get a 1000 for around $700 but I like how portable the 500 looks. Also I really want to stay away from software. I just prefer to make beats with my hands. I know it's not the norm but it's just how I feel comfortable.

Quote:
I like how portable the 500 looks.

That really shouldnt be a reason to get it, i can under stand not wanting used features, but 500 for 799 and 1000 for 999...I can honestly say you get what you pay for, By the time you get the 500...which has little memory, your gonna have to get more, you could get the 1000 ...Like i sy if this is your first mpc, then go with a more suitable setup - 500 is a compliment to your home base, not your start kit...Dont make the same mistakes i did...being 1) not researching enough 2) thinking it was the gear that made the music, so i had to have top of the line 3) underestimating software

In the end you will do what you feel, BUT like m dad says " Im GIVING YOU THE FLASHLIGHT TO THE TUNNEL, USE IT, DONT GO IN THE TUNNEL BLIND"

in Reason......... learn to connect the redrum to a mixer JUST for your drums.... and then have a mixer JUST for your instruments....... makes life a lot easier... and the sounds a lot better
[/b]​

Quote:
ledafuture36

i would only get the 500 if you plan on making beats outside of the home. the reason i probably will buy it is because i have tons of friends that are djs/record collectors (go to their house and sample), i go to an audio school (sucks having to bring my 2000xl into the studios 3 times a week), and because i'm somewhere else other than home (battery powered 500 hooked up to my macbook via usb). if i was at home all the time, i wouldnt even consider it. like floss said, its a good compliment but definitely not the centerpiece. i would get at least the 1000 for a home studio, but prefer nothing less than the 2000xl because its feel is unparalled IMO
[/center]

Quote:
Man I been wanting to knows this for a long time. How in the hell can I make beats with my keyboard on Fruity Loops? I swear I must not have my plugged up right because i've fooled with this for about 2 weeks and can't get anything to come from my keyboard.

is your keyboard plugged through MIDI to your comp? did you change the MIDI settings on FL after?

[/center]

Quote:
in Reason......... learn to connect the redrum to a mixer JUST for your drums.... and then have a mixer JUST for your instruments....... makes life a lot easier... and the sounds a lot better

Very good tip, just started with reason, and i love it...usually would have the mixer going with all, but i'm def. gonna try that tip

Made a beat, and i was amazed with the fluidness and the workflow of it...sisnt get any messups - causing me to lose my ideas, just str8 attacked the beat (custom one) next i'll try a sample to chop

Reason Question.

Why in Redrum or even Dr. Rex, when you load a sample, why does it sound like @#%$ compared to the original file?
Baron Davis flow and that's a
WARRIORS DRIVE...[/b]​

should sound the same if you have enable track pattern on and play the sequence track it will sound like a doubled up sound, play either one or the other

Back
Top Bottom