Lets get a tips, tricks & steps 2 help Produce STICKY PL

Still a novice myself...but here are some more random advice...

1. We get money - there is no correct way to mix, there is no true right or wrong...its actually what you want the audience to hear...when people say its only one way to mix or eq,then they slowly take away ceativeness, cause everyone jumps and does it the same way...if it sounds right to you use that, because that's how you will develop your sound and trademark...

2. If you get a 1000,2500 or basically any new MPC you do not need a keyboard necessarily, yes it helps for string,bass, and piano arrangements...but you can create that sound with 16 levels on the mpc...YOU need midi to hook up mpc to keyboards...REMEMBER though midi does not transfer sounds, just data, and you will need audio cables to transfer actual sound to your interface or DAW

3. If I was to start over from the beginning, I'd go more simpler and get the basic drum machine a midi keyboard controlled by rack sounds like nord or korg radius...and a turnatable to sample the rare sounds

4. I think alchemist did the no days off in mpc, not sure though

5. If you starting new...get the 1000 as it has available software to upgrade it to make it as the 2500

6. There is no difference in the black and red/blue mpc

How does the MBox mini look? Never mind I got it.

44jbyqe.jpg

Zokid, don't know about that one, but if the pluck starts at the beginning, put some attack on it

Glad to see the post is going good, we still need a lot more information and pics of setups

Maybe even some instruction videos

Do not let anyone tell you what you can or cannot do.

I am a living testmament that dreams come true. Because of my grind, B. Cox is going to get me on STUDIOS EXPOSED. I am able to quit my JOB for this.

Continue to remix songs, singles, ANYTHING, sample ANYTHING, and PUBLISH AND COPYWRIGHT YOUR WORK. DO NOT BE STUPID AND SAMPLE "SUPERFREAK," OR "BEATBOX" IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE SONG INITIALLY WAS!

NEVER STOP GRINDING. Like my friend Janelle Monae told me in the A a couple of weeks ago, KEEP DREAMING...

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Member #29: The Black and Hispanic Visionary

Has anybody tried the M-Audio Trigger Finger? I talked to a guy at Guitar Center and he said if your primarily using software to make beats then it may be more beneficial to use that instead of payin so much for an MPC. Is this true and what are the pros and cons of using this as opposed to an MPC?

p.s. I'm new to this so I don't know much about production equipment. :wow:
embarassed.gif

..:team TEXAS:..
.:832:.
Certified Member: Fear em, as soon as ya hear em; upon my arrival the dope dealers cheer em.

i had a trigger finger...its dope...its dope wit the redrum... u use reason? if u use FL its kinda pointless...

but umm u could get the akai mpd for less and it does the same thing cept it only has one slider...thats what i got now...

and u cant compare it to the mpc...the mpc is a sequencer...the TF or MPD just allow u to trigger sounds...thats it...i mean if ur strapped for cash just keep makin ur drums on ur keyboard/controller...its not that deep but its nice to have especially if u take ur drums as serious as i do...
AIM : CORNROBCUN​

yo zokid how is the Fantom refill? I got the fantom, triton, and motif joints, but i downloaded them on 2 my external hd and had 2 come home for thanksgiving so i didnt peep them yet... cant really go wrong for 25 but how r they?

and props to you eMBrawler
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS
THE APOLLO KEYZ MOVEMENT

Time I might hit you up for the fantom or motif, but ill decide later...I want to get a real synth keyboard and haven't decided which one yet... I do have a mo phatt sound rack on the way so ill do a review of that

In 3.5 months def. Getting better with the production mos def.

I also try to keep all my tracks cause different people like different tracks, the ones you like are the ones others hate

For someone with a $500-1000 Christmas music budget, what do you all recommend? Right now I got the M-Audio pre-amp, FL STUDIO 6 XXL, SoundForge 8, ACID 4.0, a slew of plug-ins and I need a good MIDI controller. What it do, gentlemen?

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<

YO EMBRAWLER congrats on your dreams being 1/2 way there, i wish you much success, i'm in the same boat...i'm on national released cd's but not signed yet, still pushing though

anyways as far as your budget...go for the oxygen midi or the axiom 25 - I personally have the 25 midi axiom and it comes with drum pads as well. It looks like you have mostly everything to master but i'll put a list up for you

1. midi keyboard - axiom 25 or 49 (150 - 185)
2. mpd 16 - if your a hands on person with your drums...(i am) so i prefer the mpc over the redrum in reason, but you get use to it

3. Sounds - you can never have enough sounds of course you know that
4. Since you have FL 6 - i'm assuming you have PC...So get Cubase to help you further mix the beats of FL

1000 dollars can get all of them...500 dollars get Cubase and midi keyboard m-audio axiom 49

I got a grand idea:

let's start an NT PRODUCER ONLINE SYMPOSIUM...

everyone post they myspace pages, they dreams as far as the music, and who they want to work with.... ill start:

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<

okay...sorry i think this is my first post in here, but i have around 500 i can spend to get started on this stuff...what would i need? i'm lookin to get propellerhead reason but it seems quite pricey. i wanna get serious about it but at the same time i wanna do it more as a hobby/pasttime. i've tried fruityloops (it now doesnt work on my computer anymore) and i personally hate the instruments they have. what can i get started with at a relatively cheap price? thanks!

Has any body's Fl Registration keys expired randomly?

Team Africa x Team Anti-Hype
.TEAM.NIGERIA.​

With 500 as a startup, you probably need to get reason as you stated and a decent midi board...that's 400 dollars right there buying both of those

Back
Top Bottom